996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed SPORT Exhaust Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 AM
DeeMan007 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
The moderate and SS do end up making about the same power...FWIW I have a used Moderate for sale in the shop if anyone is needing one.
Cool! How used is the Moderate? How much do you want for it?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is on a distinguished road
Finally got back in town and pickup my car. The Fabspeed moderate ROCKS!! Real nice angry growl. I don’t hear anything I would call a drone or anything like that, just pure Porsche roar.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Fabspeed cats and straight pipes for me! She is very loud!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:08 PM
tthoang1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I ran a back pressure test on my fabspeed loud I was surprised to find out that I had a 1 to 1 back pressure ratio.... F1 specs how many other exotic sounding exhaust systems have a perfect back pressure ratio?
any one else checked?
This is exactly the reason why I purchased the Fabspeed GT2 exhaust. It's a perfect complement to my GIAC Stage 2 flashed by Sharkwerks. The car hauls *ss, and pulls like never before. The sound is mean and aggrssive. However, since I have a tip, it resonates and sometimes gives me a headache. Weird thing is that my wife is unaffected by the drone. I drive with earplugs for longer drives as a result.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:44 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Buddy I agree, got same setup, wish I had the rest of your engine!!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tthoang1
This is exactly the reason why I purchased the Fabspeed GT2 exhaust. It's a perfect complement to my GIAC Stage 2 flashed by Sharkwerks. The car hauls *ss, and pulls like never before. The sound is mean and aggrssive. However, since I have a tip, it resonates and sometimes gives me a headache. Weird thing is that my wife is unaffected by the drone. I drive with earplugs for longer drives as a result.
Hey man.. glad to see you on here You are correct. It does resonate a good deal more with that exhaust on a Tip. I had the same exhaust for a while and because of where the RPMs are on the freeway with the Tip it's always going to be worse.

PS I love the NO SUNROOF option on your car. Very envious!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Buddy I agree, got same setup, wish I had the rest of your engine!!!!
Tom.. who needs cats Just use the CANNONS like me

Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 PM
calcareer is on a distinguished road
As most anyone will tell you, exhaust sound is very subjective.

Just look at any of the exhaust threads that pop up on a regular basis and every one of them enjoys an amazing amount of posts.

Try to listen to as many exhausts as you can and if possible drive as many as you can.

There are sound clips on most of the popular exhausts out there but they can't take the place of a live sound test.

I listened to and drove close to a dozen different exhausts before I purchased a Sportec exhaust. This is the same exhaust that is used on their SP650 Porsches as well as their cabriolet that set the speed record at Nardo at 357km/hr. http://www.sportec.ch/pages/frame.cfm?dom=2

I posted a sound clip a while back but it does not look like the search function brings it up so here is a link:

http://media.putfile.com/Sportec-Echaust

Good luck with your searchf or the perfect exhaust and remember that the journey can be more rewarding than the final destination.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I like fabspeed.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-25-2006, 06:35 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I like fabspeed.
Me too, but I like my straight pipes BETTER. My neighbors..... not so much likey the straight pipes. Oh well my 2yo son LOVES them as much as I do as does my 12yo daughter.

Fabspeed makes a good exhaust and I have never had a problem with it when I had it on.

Bajo

Old 03-26-2006, 06:51 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. will become famous soon enough
sorry, but i didn't read all the posts, but i have a 9ff switchable exhaust that you might be interested in.. sometimes, i like it loud and sometimes, i like it quiet.. just like an offshore boat. .. just flip a switch... as far as i am concerned the ONLY way to go. .. not inexpensive, but depending on your mood, you pick the sound level..

Old 03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
I've been driving with my med/mod fabspeed for two weeks and love it. I won't argue its louder, but still very tolerable. I took my wife for an hour drive up the freeway to Seattle, easy to talk and she didn't complain at all. I asked if she thought it was too loud...nope..in fact she likes it!!