996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which exhaust yields the most power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Which exhaust yields the most power?

Anyone ever done head to head comparisons of multiple exhausts on the same dyno?

Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Evan333 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Anyone ever done head to head comparisons of multiple exhausts on the same dyno?
Stephen at Imagine Auto did a great one awhile back, but it did not have all of them and there have been new ones since... Would be nice if someone did another one...
Evan

Old 07-25-2006, 02:37 PM
SkyclsGT3 is on a distinguished road
Kreissieg F1 - best sound, peformance and prolly the most cost..

Old 07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Other than straight pipes, I suspect that my exhaust would be at or near the top of the list.

Craig

Old 07-25-2006, 03:33 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
At the time of the test, the fabspeed produced the most power if I remember correctly.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxwell
At the time of the test, the fabspeed produced the most power if I remember correctly.
I currently have a Fabspeed quiet.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Other than straight pipes, I suspect that my exhaust would be at or near the top of the list.

Craig
On my car I actually lost power with straight pipes

Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Thats interesting. I don't know why.

Craig

Old 07-25-2006, 03:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Thats interesting. I don't know why.

Craig
Maybe the flow was so good and he didn't have sufficient full and the ECU cut back a bunch of timing, boost etc... I've never heard of a turbo car "loosing" power with a straight pipe, no cat etc.. over a muffler, cat and/or any other type of back pressure adding exhaust...

Old 07-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I currently have a Fabspeed quiet.
The exhaust that did well in the IA test was a Fabspeed Loud, not quiet (I think the Quiet uses a chamber muffler -- I am not sure about this). The reason the Fabspeed Loud did well is because it used (and may still use) a straight through muffler, as opposed to a restrictive chamber muffler (that is also why the Fabspeed Loud is louder than other exhausts). Unfortunately, the Fabspeed Loud uses relatively small 2.5 inch piping. IMHO, 2.5 inch piping is far too restrcive for higher HP applications. Thats why I had a custom exhaust made. I wanted to use straight through mufflers, similar to the Fabspeed (although my Burns Stainless straight through mufflers are better), but with larger 3 inch piping to permit greater flow. I also eliminated the cats for even better flow.

Craig

Old 07-25-2006, 04:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
What's funny is, i bet i did also! I did a before and after comparison a few months ago, and when i put my FVD exhaust with no cats back on, the throttle felt like a brick with loads of power down low and more pull that i didnt have with the straight pipes, it was night and day, weird!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
HI Its Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports

The test was a BLIND RANDOM exhaust DYNO TEST that was performed by Steven Kaspar of IMagine Automotive. Steve called, emailed and had numerous individuals call virtually all 996TT exhaust manufacturers to have them submit their 996TT performance exhaust systems for a complete DYNO test on his DYNO under the same test conditions using the same car and etc.

Systems tested were:
RUF
ROOCK/ EUROPIPE
GHL
home made modified OEM systems
Fabspeed SUPERSPORT Loud
Fabspeed SPORT medium sound
Fabspeed race cats with muffler bypass pipes
(there mave have been 1 or 2 more vendors/tuners but I can remember)

Steve did all the Dynoing and he published his results and when the smoke cleared. Fabspeed Motorsports MAXFLO performance exhaust systems outperformed all of the other exhaust systems by a statically significant margin.

Other notes were that several manufacturers "were NOT BRAVE enough" to compete and would not participate in the test. After the DYNO SHOOTOUT.........all kinds of excuses started coming out.........and yada yada yada.

Its was a completely "BLIND DYNO TEST" no holds barred. It featured production systems that were "street-legal" with catalytic converters. Obviously "CRAIG" race systems with no cats and 3.0" tubing will support Gigantic power.........BUT that was not out yet and is "outrageous" in terms of realistic street exhaust tuning.

AFTER the test..........I was informed that Fabspeed Motorsports MAXFLO performance exhaust systems also made significantly more power & torque that

Several tuners have COPIED my original design but made their systems out of very thin gugae T304SS and his systems have all been breaking and rattling.

AWE systems-- made less power too.

Kressigs woulod 100% make less power as they use 2.0" 50.2mm Tubing from the cats to the mufflers.........OEM is alteast 2.25" .......

B&B Triflo also made alot less as well.

Fabspeed Motorsports has been manufacturing the highest quality and highest horsepower exhaust systems for since 1992. From street touring to all out GRAND AM CUP racing we offer a super wide variety of "heavy duty mandrel bent T 304 stainless steel exhaust systems" for virtually any Porsche from 1977 up to 2007 Twin Turbo cars and Ferrari F355 to F430s.

If you want ingenuity and an exhaust that EVO MOtorsports, PES Tuning and Imagine Auto used on their high horsepower and great performing Twin Turbos just go to these tuners or call Fabspeed Motorsports.

If you want to do another Twin Turbo shoot out fabspeed is in..........993Twin Turbo, 996TT or 997 Twin Turbo. Lets go>

Check out Fabspeed Motorsports VIDEOS explaining 996Twin Turbo exhaust systems and 997 Twin Turbo exhaust systems.

have a great week!

Joe Fabiani
President

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-29-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:17 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SkyclsGT3
Kreissieg F1 - best sound, peformance and prolly the most cost..
Actually... The Kreissieg will take horsepower away and your car will be slower.

From the Fabspeed website:

Kreissieg Titanium $22,000.00 996TT exhaust
look at the nicely executed German $22K exhaust that is light BUT 100% I repeat 100% GUARANTEED
to make any 996TT, X50 or GT2 slower as if you look closely the outlet pipes to the muffler are only 2.0" diameter tubing. Much smaller than factory OEM Porsche and MUCH MUCH SMALLER than Fabspeed's 2.5" 63.5mm tubing. WHY GO MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE THAN STOCK AND SPEND $22,000.00 FOR THE SYSTEM!

IMO straight pipes is the way to go... If you don't wanna go with straight pipes... Get a Fabspeed exhaust.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
I have fabspeed medium...love it

Old 07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
tthoang1 is on a distinguished road
I've been a fan of Fabspeed for a while. I had the 996 Maxflo mufflers and headers on my '00 coupe, and now I have the GT2 exhaust for my '02 TT. The sound on my 996 coupe was great, but the sound of the GT2 is downright FANTASTIC. I'm addicted to the "burple" sound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which exhaust yields the most power?