996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

KW Variant 3 coilovers on my new toy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
SDEVILTT is on a distinguished road
Jaded996-- You're going to love them
AIRjordan23---The drop was done to my specs, the installation is pretty much straight forward should only take you 6hrs max ( very important to have a good rake angle)--Joe

Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
desert996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
also if anyone can chime in on the difficulty level of installing a coilover suspension on a tt. I have done exhaust, dv,s intake, brakes and a lot of stereo in this car and others. I never did suspension so if anyone can chime in on how long it should take assuming you have the right tools and your planning on doing it yourself. I do understand I will still need to get it professionally alighned.
I just installed a set of JIC cross coilovers on my car this past weekend. The rears on the TT are very straight forward (skill wise I would equate it to installing an exhaust). The fronts however were much more difficult because the front drive axel prevents the hub from swinging down to get the stock strut out. Took me about 3-4 hours to figure out how to do one of the fronts, but then I did the other front in about 1.5 hrs.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by desert996
I just installed a set of JIC cross coilovers on my car this past weekend. The rears on the TT are very straight forward (skill wise I would equate it to installing an exhaust). The fronts however were much more difficult because the front drive axel prevents the hub from swinging down to get the stock strut out. Took me about 3-4 hours to figure out how to do one of the fronts, but then I did the other front in about 1.5 hrs.
that's about the ame time it took for us to install the PSS9's...we actually had to disassemble the front half-shafts to get it in, but now that we know the procedure, not too complecated, just time consuming...

Old 08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Those V3's look really nice, I may want to change my PSS9's to a set of V3's, I got a really good price from the guys at Tcarbon.com for V3's. The Porsche applications aren't up on the site but I just e-mailed them about it.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:12 PM
You'll love the KW ride quality compared to the PSS9s-- Joe

Old 09-19-2006, 07:57 AM
melsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chasen1211
how much is this set up btw??? thanks..
i got mine at http://www.tcarbon.com/ for $2950 shipped

Old 09-19-2006, 01:50 PM
If anybody wants a set of KW V3s let me know I can get them-- Joe

Old 09-19-2007, 03:48 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread-
So I'm also deciding between JIC or KW3, I have to change what I have on the car now and Vivid carries both brands. My driving is mostly aggressive freeway / town / mountains and eventually I will get my sorry butt out to the track.

Don't want bone-jarring stiffness and religious experiences with potholes, but want good performance especially at higher speeds. The added adjustability features of the KW3 are intriguing, and it would seem with either one (JIC or KW) I would be able to adjust adequately for track when going, and then adjust softer for normal street use.
Are the JIC's a progressive spring?

Any advice is appreciated-

Old 09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Great thread-
So I'm also deciding between JIC or KW3, I have to change what I have on the car now and Vivid carries both brands. My driving is mostly aggressive freeway / town / mountains and eventually I will get my sorry butt out to the track.

Don't want bone-jarring stiffness and religious experiences with potholes, but want good performance especially at higher speeds. The added adjustability features of the KW3 are intriguing, and it would seem with either one (JIC or KW) I would be able to adjust adequately for track when going, and then adjust softer for normal street use.
Are the JIC's a progressive spring?

Any advice is appreciated-
I have the KW v3 seems to work well for me, check out the Grattan threads.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:57 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
I love mine!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:01 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Have PSS9'S on my tt w/ H&R bars. Ride is perfect. Small bumbs feel much better than stock. I hope your KW's feel half as good as my PSS9'S.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Wideopentuning is on a distinguished road
Kw all the way.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
I have a set of KWv2s ready to install on my 335i next week. Can't wait!

Your car looks great!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Have PSS9'S on my tt w/ H&R bars. Ride is perfect. Small bumbs feel much better than stock. I hope your KW's feel half as good as my PSS9'S.
Don't take a lowered car with PSS9's to the track there is a known problem with them hitting the bump stops.

For track and street NO PSS9's go with KW. Street only PSS9 is fine.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:34 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
What drop links come with it (or did you use the factory ones)??

Pics please.

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KW Variant 3 coilovers on my new toy!