996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Happy with Europipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 05:24 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
If his car is not modified as you stated above no exhaust will make much of a difference anyway. So pick the one with the sound and quality you like best.. IMHO of course...
Sorry, can you pinpoint where I said "No exhaust will make much of a difference?" I said the Eurohype wont.

Old 01-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Dave (CA) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Wrong again you are. HP is more important up top.

Who cares at lower RPM. BOttom line is if you race two cars side by side in a 1/4 mile or 1 mile race, the one with the fabspeed would win.

Sure the europipe has great looking construction, great welds, etc. etc.... What about power. End of discussion.

I agree, horsepower is more important in the upper Revs. Shank is telling it like it is. Fabspeed here here.

Shank, which exhaust did you go with for the GT2?

Old 01-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Banned
MTBR is on a distinguished road
Wrong again you are. HP is more important up top.
Who cares at lower RPM.
You are a funny guy

Most people want the power down low, where they can use it on a daily basis.

I never said where HP is more important, I simply pointed out that the Europipe makes more power in the lower/mid RPM band.

Old 01-18-2004, 05:48 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I personally like the EP but you are never going to see much less than 5000rpms after 1st gear at WOT.

Old 01-18-2004, 06:21 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I call EP my happy pipe. Those who say they have the ROOCK version cannot offer a valid comparison since what they have in essence was an upgraded muffler. ROOCK uses 300 cell cats, the same as stock. Europipe uses 100 cells cats, hence much less backpressure and much more power. Europipe's reputation speaks for itself in Europe. They are far and away more technically sophisticated than the other after market manufacturers and this is validated by the fact that they were building racing exhausts exclusively for 10 years prior to offering street pipes. Manthey racing is the foremost tuner for Porsche's on the Pro racing circuit and uses Europipe to fabricate all of their designs. There is no better designed or constructed exhaust out there and you pay for that privilege...Just my 5 cents..

Old 01-18-2004, 06:33 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Sorry, can you pinpoint where I said "No exhaust will make much of a difference?" I said the Eurohype wont.

No one said you said that.. Sorry I should have used a comma after "above" so you could understand my post. I said that.

Maybe if you took as much time to read the post as you do trying top bash EP you could have figured out I left out a comma.... Sorry

This is useless... There are MANY satisfied EP owners on this board and many Fabspeed also. I guess if EP was a sponsor you would be more objective towards there products.

Old 01-18-2004, 06:35 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)

Maybe if you took as much time to read the post as you do trying top bash EP you could have figured out I left out a comma....
Maybe if you took as much time inserting the comma, your post wouldn't have been mis read. In anycase, it looks like you want to enter into a pissing match. I responded to his question, again, if you took as much time reading the initial post.......

Anyhow, no point in keeping this thread open, it looks like this will turn into a pissing match.

This has nothing to do with sponsorship. If a 6speed onwer/admin happens to share his experience or opinion, I guess I can expect this "if they sponsored attack"? But thanks for the cheap shot. I guess I couldn't have expected anything else.

Old 01-18-2004, 06:46 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Actually, I just browsed Scargo's website in search of the dyno results. I failed to find it. Can you pease send me the link to they dyno sheet. Perhaps it is just me, but amongst all the uploaded pictures of the "killer angel supercar," I must have missed the dyno results. Can you please send me the link.
Sorry Ryan, I don't intend to post Killer Angel's latest dyno run. She is bone stock. Trust me.

If you want an exhaust that will produce the most power, fabspeed.
Why don't you find a turbo or GT2 with a legal exhaust of your choice and run her against Killer Angel. Killer Angel has a Europipe exhaust. I guess she and her Europipe exhaust will get beat.

Oh, last time I checked my Europipe exhaust was tuned for Killer Angel's stock motor.

Last edited by cjv; 01-18-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by cjv
Sorry Ryan, I don't intend to post Killer Angel's latest dyno run. She is bone stock. Trust me.

Why don't you find a turbo or GT2 with a legal exhaust of your choice and run her against Killer Angel. Killer Angel has a Europipe exhaust. I guess she'll get beat.

Gee, I should hope the "Killer Angel West Coast Dyno Queen" should beat a GT2 with a fabspeed exhaust. ...... at $500,000 more.

Your talking Apples and Oranges. If you want some sort of confirmation that your car produces the most HP, you win Chad..hands down. Happy? This isn't about Killer Anger VS. Shank's car. I am reiterating, that I was responding to Arnie's questions of anyone disliking or chosing not to go with Europipe, and I simply expressed my reason.

In any case, As Gary stated, there are several happy memebers of EP and Fabspeed. It also appears there are other reasons than "most power" that people chose their exhausts. Glad to see we're not all alike.

So Gary, Chad, Dan......Though I disagree with some of your comments, as I am sure you are with mine....... No harm meant on this end.

Peace,
Shank

Old 01-18-2004, 07:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
...... at $500,000 more.
Now Ryan, let's not exaggerate.

"Killer Angel West Coast Dyno Queen"
Now, how can Killer Angel be the "Dyno Queen" without a dyno sheet? Isn't comments like this getting a little personel?

Your talking Apples and Oranges.
No, just a stock turbo and a GT2. Hey, how did a GT2 get into this?

If you want some sort of confirmation that your car produces the most HP, you win Chad..hands down. Happy?
Never, said it was anything but stock. We are simply comparing exhausts.

Ryan, this whole discuession is cracking me up. Both exhausts perform very well. I stand by my previous statement. You wouldn't be able to notice the small difference "power wise" in the end results on a track or a strip between the two exhausts on identical cars.

Last edited by cjv; 01-18-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Yes the Fabsped makes more power. But the flip side is I know of three people who have sent back thier exhausts to Fabspeed because of cracks in the muffler including myself. The craftmanship on the bypass valves is very poor as well. One did not align properly on my car and burned the back of my bumper. I am trying a protoype exhaust in the next couple of weeks and will keep everyone posted. From what I have seen the craftmanship on the Europipe looks amazing. For someone who does not want to heavily modify thier car Europipe is a great option. For the nutty guys who who are on the search for endless horsepower Europipe will not suffice.

Old 01-18-2004, 07:39 PM
cjv
For the nutty guys who who are on the search for endless horsepower Europipe will not suffice.
Duane,

Now you are calling me a nut. I wouldn't tell Killer Angel the "Europipe will not suffice." It will really hurt her feelings.

Oh, for the record, besides Killer Angel, I believe Manthey uses Europipe exhausts.

Last edited by cjv; 01-18-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:50 PM
cjv
So Gary, Chad, Dan......Though I disagree with some of your comments, as I am sure you are with mine....... No harm meant on this end.
Ryan,

You know me. I love to take the opposite side just for the fun of it. You and I have been through too many disagreements to let this little thing get in the way of a friendship. Now back to the disagreement.

Old 01-18-2004, 09:42 PM
racer63 is on a distinguished road
Why spend $ for 5HP (if that). What about Fabspeed quiet? Leave the stock one on then.
Fabspeed Quiet is an oxymoron.

If resonance is at all a concern, I would not buy a Fabspeed. It make great power, but also tremendous resonance.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:07 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
To each his own I guess and I can understand some people prefer a quiet exhaust etc.. I just happen to be very happy with my loud Fabspeed exhaust. I like the way it sounds and was really happy to see it do so well in Stephen's tests... It made the most power and is it quiet? Hell no but I don't care

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy with Europipe?