996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Zero Clearance Experience:The Numbers Are In 0-60,0-100,60-130,30-50,ET,Trap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Let me know how today goes, and if you want any pointers at Gingerman. I think we can do a get together.

I'm still street legal and on street tires, but if it's wet ... take it easy, even at Gingerman. Wet grass is slippery, really really slippery.

Last edited by ColorChange; 09-13-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:52 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Tim, as you probably surmised from the weather you sent over from Chicago, it was not an ideal day. But hey look on the bright side, it postponed the Starbucks shuttle from coming within striking distance of the Moton special . I believe Gingerman is open until late October so maybe we can get together then. It may be dark but I assume your race...er, ah... street car still has headlights, right? I'm just having fun with you, but remember Gingerman is almost perfectly centered between Chicago and Detroit. Later,Kevin

Old 09-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Ill show up too...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Careful Kevin, Tim is leading you on w/ the 1:32 Gman time. That takes practice and you should be very happy w/ a 1:36-7 your first day there. I've watch Tim get spanked more than once at Gman.

Here am thinking about getting a GX-2 data analyzer in a day or two. Can't decide on that or a Traqmate, maybe a DL-1. Only thing is GX2 doesn't have integrated video...
New engine has to be babied a bit before "putting the coals to it"..
Oh yeah, be SURE to flush your brake fluid before hand.

Last edited by Acropora; 09-14-2006 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Kevin and Markski: This could be fun.

Kevin:
Were you able to get into the throttle at all? Then I could compare fairly similar data.

Acropora, I've certainly taken my share of beatings. Who are you?

Old 09-14-2006, 08:36 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ColorChange
Kevin and Markski: This could be fun.

Kevin:
Were you able to get into the throttle at all? Then I could compare fairly similar data.

Acropora, I've certainly taken my share of beatings. Who are you?
Tim, I was the only car that showed and i did not even have the data logger running. It dried up towards the end and I had some good running, but the data file was corrupted when i got home so the only times I had are from a datalogged notepad file, no hard data. We will have to wait till the hard numbers can be had. I think you realize by now that I will only post data when it has numbers to back it up! Kevin

Old 09-14-2006, 09:29 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
ColorChange,

Ever run at Brainerd in Minnesota??
If so, what are your times.

If not, you need to try it.
I can advise dates next year for the "40 car max" events that I like.

Marty K.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Kevin:

Fair enough, but just between us guys, am I going to have to show up with R compounds when we meet at the track or do you need a few more laps to "bring your times down a bit"?

Marty - havent run Brainerd and heard it's pretty nice. 40 car max are my kind of events.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM
KPG
Kevin:

Fair enough, but just between us guys, am I going to have to show up with R compounds when we meet at the track or do you need a few more laps to "bring your times down a bit"?

Marty - havent run Brainerd and heard it's pretty nice. 40 car max are my kind of events.
Tim, you're killing me ! You bring R compounds and I am running my 1.25+ bar file next time!! Kevin

Old 09-14-2006, 10:57 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
ColorChange,

Ever run at Brainerd in Minnesota??
If so, what are your times.

If not, you need to try it.
I can advise dates next year for the "40 car max" events that I like.

Marty K.
Marty, if you can organize a date at Brainerd next season with members of the board, I will, without a doubt make the journey. I for one , would like to see how all the different tuners, kits and power levels would run in identical track conditions. This is your Winter Project: Make it so! BTW, I transport vehicles for a living and own a 53' enclosed car hauler and would be more than happy to pick up Markski and Tim on the way thru Chicago.Tim, my other turbo 6 six runs at 2100 ft/lbs and 600+hp at 2+ Bar. Can you imagine the conversation on the way up! Kevin

Old 09-14-2006, 11:42 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun!

Old 09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
This sounds perfect,
I will talk to the organizers of:
www.slowpokes.org and set something up.

Great highspeed track, great hotels/restaurants/lodging/golf courses, etc.
in the Brainerd Area.
I have accepted the task!!

Marty K

Old 09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
This sounds perfect,
I will talk to the organizers of:
www.slowpokes.org and set something up.

Great highspeed track, great hotels/restaurants/lodging/golf courses, etc.
in the Brainerd Area.
I have accepted the task!!

Marty K
Marty, you are my hero. If this happens this would be a phenomenal event for all involved. What a way to break the winter blues-Brainerd! Kevin

Old 09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
He guys, why don't we consider something more centrally located, like ... ROAD AMERICA !!!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
KPG
He guys, why don't we consider something more centrally located, like ... ROAD AMERICA !!!
Tim, it pains me to admit this, but you have a great idea . Location isn't as important as the get together actually happening. Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zero Clearance Experience:The Numbers Are In 0-60,0-100,60-130,30-50,ET,Trap