996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mini Cooper S has arrived home safe and sound!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 07:00 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Well, the latest and greatest is the addition of the Recaro seats. Next will be either harnesses or suspension. Boy this is fun! And cheap! I went go-karting before. What a blast! This is literally a go-kart for the street. Here are pics of the seats......

Old 08-02-2003, 07:30 PM
bigsky is on a distinguished road
Ken, Which Recaro seats are they? They look great! Nice and grippy! Rob

Old 08-02-2003, 07:44 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Rob,
They are SRD's. Normally the seating area is multi-colored but Recaro came out with this limited edition seat. I thought it was pretty cool so I got two of them. I bought them from http://www.on-trackperformance.com/recaro_srd.htm
They seem to have a lot of good stuff. Check them out.

Old 08-03-2003, 12:02 AM
bigsky is on a distinguished road
Ken, Thanks for the response. Any idea how the weight of your seats compares to Pole Position or GT3 seats? (or stock 996tt seats?) I could not find the weight in the specs.
I was also wondering how easy (or difficult) it is to change wheels with your garage lift. Do you have the extra jack tray and if so, how easy is it to use and store when not using? I have to change wheels on 3 cars at least twice a year and with the 996tt more often. Does your garage lift make this any easier? Thanks, Rob

Old 08-03-2003, 12:11 AM
KPV
Rob,
These seats are pretty light. They are lighter than my stock MINI seats and lighter than my stock Porsche Sport seats by a good margin. I don't know the weights but I have lifted both cars' stock seats out (MINI for replacement with these and Porsche for rollbar install). I would estimate they weigh 70-80% of the stockers.
I haven't changed wheels using the lift. It would require you to jack from the runways. A jack tray is not needed since the car's jack points are directly over the runways. You would use a bottle jack to do it and it would be very easy. Although I haven't changed wheels on it, I would assum it is a little easier since you don't have to bend over as far. Quite frankly though, its two main purposes are for storage and to work on the underside of the car. It literally took me 1 hour to remove and replace the whole exhaust system on the MINI. I can't imagine how long it would have been if I was on my back. The runways are 18.5" wide so they can support any jack you care to use.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:18 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Ken,
correct me if i'm wrong. after u installed the seats the airbag light should stay on right?

by the way, nice seats. i was trying to fit my porsche sport seats in there, seems like i have another option now.

hey, i'm still waiting for the PSS-9 info. don't forget to let me know.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:41 AM
KPV
Airbag light is on. I think it is a simple matter of either grounding the yellow harness wires or connecting the two leads in the yellow harness together. I will find out.
PSS-9 info? Go to http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthrea...=&pagenumber=3 to keep up with the latest news.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:08 AM
carlosfromspain is on a distinguished road
Looks, great Ken... that car has to be a blast! haven't driven one myself (yet ) but all I keep hearing from people who have is how it handles like a kart or how its like a "FWD Lotus Elise"

If anyone bashes that car, take their butt out of the drag strip and takem' out to the twisties...

Have you thought of the factory 200HP "Works" Kit? I think Hamann has a 195HP kit also and height-adjustable coil-over suspensions for 18" wheels.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:02 AM
KPV
Carlos,
It is all in the "Works".... Ha, ha! Actually, the coilovers are in the plans, the Works kit may be skiped in favorit eo fthe aftermarket variety which returns the same hp at 1/2 the cost!!

Old 08-03-2003, 03:09 PM
KPV
Well, I attended my first MINI Meet today and it was pretty cool. Most of the people are more into the pleasure drive and experience thing rather than hardcore performance driving. I found myself a little bored at certain times when the going was slow. Nonetheless, it was a good time. I didn't stick around for the whole event so I don't know whether I won any awards. There were 60 MINI's. I think that constitutes a MINI Invasion! Here are some pics:

Old 08-03-2003, 07:11 PM
krm
krm is on a distinguished road
Ken, congrats on the acquisition of the MCS. Car looks stunning after your customization. Looking forward to your future upgrades as well.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:38 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
Hey Ken very nice. I just found out today that John Cooper sells costom Sparco seats with airbags in the side of them just like the factory seats. That are fully ajustible and everytyhing else, and they are plug and play.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:42 PM
KPV
krm,
Thanks. Stay tuned for more............

David,
They don't have airbags. They are a variation of the Sparco Milano. Here's a picture.........

Old 08-03-2003, 07:53 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
Than I guess the magazine I read better go back and do some more research.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:56 PM
KPV
I would be interested to read any web-based info you are aware of on the subject. Post or send it if you know of any.

Last edited by KPV; 08-03-2003 at 08:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mini Cooper S has arrived home safe and sound!!