996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mini Cooper S has arrived home safe and sound!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 05:48 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Thumbs up The mini MINI Cooper S thread

>>>DUPLICATE POST<<<
I know, I know, this is a Porsche community! Well, in the interest of satisfying the minimum requirements for a post here, namely, that there must be something relating to Porsche in a picture or a comment, the first pic has a Porsche in it. So there!!

Anyway, the MINI dealer came to my house today to pick me up and drive me to the dealership to pick-up the new MINI Cooper S. That is a 45 minute to 1 hour drive for them. Kudos Morristown MINI!! Additionally, kudos to Kerry specifically for making the whole thing go so smoothly and enjoyably!

Now, on to the pictures.......oh, and pardon the blueish hue to the photos. It is really pure silver. Dusk has a way with screwing with the color balance.

This is what it looked like when it first arrived home with stock 16" wheels and tires. They are actually Dunlop runflat all seasons. They will serve winter duty.

This is the first picture after some minor customizing. Notice the front license plate is gone and he now has new 18" wheels and tires!

The Recaro seats arrive at the end of the week as well as the cat-back exhaust. The exhaust has a single oval outlet like the Boxster. This customizing is a lot of fun AND IT DOESN"T BREAK THE BANK like anything associated with the P word!!!

Future mods include:
  • Seats
  • Exhaust and header
  • Lowered suspension
  • Swaybars
  • Rollbar
  • Harnesses
  • Smaller supercharger pulley
  • K&N Intake
  • GIAC ECU upgrade
  • Adjustable control arms
And the list goes on........

Last edited by KPV; 08-03-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:12 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats buddy! Love the garage with lift!

Old 07-29-2003, 06:17 PM
tme
tme will become famous soon enough
Looks great, you need to get the drip pans for the lift (a/c condensation). Goodluck with the new toy!

Old 07-29-2003, 06:20 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Darren,
Thanks! That lift is such a wonderful thing. Every garage should have one.

tme,
They are there. They completely cover the engine front to rear.

Old 07-29-2003, 09:52 PM
bigsky is on a distinguished road
Ken, When I had a '97 C4S, after some really hot days, I noticed oil like stains on the floor (not by the engine). I later figured out it was the cosmoline melting and dripping on the floor. I have not had the same with my '02 tt (yet). You may want to consider adding additional drip pans if you do not already have them. I would hate to see that MINI stained by the tt! My 2 cents. Rob
ps it looks great, enjoy!

Old 07-29-2003, 10:31 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
awesome lift car looks great.

just a warning, those yoko parada's don't give much warning at all when they lose grip They just go, so keep that in mind w/ that shiney new car

Old 07-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool car. Congrats!

Old 07-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Sean is on a distinguished road
mega congrats Ken. she looks stunning....enjoy!

Old 07-30-2003, 11:12 AM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
Put Big Red Brembo's on that bad boy!!

Old 07-30-2003, 11:23 AM
KPV
Rob/Scott,
Thanks for the warnings.

Robert/Sean,
Thanks.

996turbo,
At $2,500 for just the front two, I think not.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:30 AM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
KPV.....that is a little pricey. I saw one around here with just the front brembo's and it really looked hot. I did'nt know the fronts were that expensive.

Old 08-01-2003, 08:01 PM
KPV
Well, the tint and exhaust are now installed. I have to tell you guys, if you don't have a lift and can fit one in the garage, GET ONE! It took exactly one hour to take off the stock exhaust and replace it with the aftermarket one. I cannot begin to imagine what a pain in the *** it would have been on my back with sh_t dropping in my eyes! So here are the latest pics.........

Tint:

Exhaust:

Does anyone here have any issues if I expound upon the virtues of MINI Cooper S ownership as long as I limit it to this one thread? I was chased off another forum. It cracks me up that pissing contests and derogatory talk is acceptable in certain threads and sharing and discussing a car, THAT MULTIPLE 996 TURBO OWNERS ALSO OWN, is off limits. Go figure!

As far as driving this thing, I enjoy it more than the TT actually. It reminds me of the days of my youth when cars were light and agile and handled really well. This thing is a go-kart. If you have the opportunity to drive an "S", do so, it will surprise you how much fun it can be. The really cool part is that its limits are not so lofty that you have to drive at excessive speeds to reach them. It makes the whole perfomance driving experience really fulfilling.

Last edited by KPV; 08-01-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:12 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I want one now!! (and a garage lift....).
Looking good Ken

Old 08-02-2003, 11:31 AM
bigsky is on a distinguished road
Ken, Keep up the post, Rob

Old 08-02-2003, 05:12 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
I agree with you Ken on that B.S. from that other site. What a bunch of babies. Well the Mini is definetly a fun car. I have not talked to so many people about one car in my life. And the girls love it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mini Cooper S has arrived home safe and sound!!