996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
thats about stock...
Yeah should be.. other than the rear seats, GT3 seats and exhaust.. there wasn't a lot of weight being saved.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
Yeah should be.. other than the rear seats, GT3 seats and exhaust.. there wasn't a lot of weight being saved.
how much do the gt3 seats save over stock? ive been toying with the idea of doing them come spring/summer and want to know if its worth it.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atlshaver
Neil has his own programming now - no connection to PSI. Wake up Neil and provide more info!!
Where are these guys getting their "own" programs. Someone is selling "Private Lable" programming. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it's great. Anyone know who wrote Neil's code?

Old 11-06-2006, 01:12 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxwell
Mario, rip that stocker exhaust off and open her up! You need to let all that power breath.
I hear ya brother. Next stop Europipe, wastegate spring kit and an intake plenum. TPC is working and testing a carbon fiber plenum design that looks pretty cool. They are going to run tests to see what specific hp gains are produced. I'll probably wait until spring. It's that time of year again. Winter.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Sharky, you are joking right?
Those items alone are about 140lbs. You were at about 3100lbs.. I have good memory!

Old 11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
how much do the gt3 seats save over stock? ive been toying with the idea of doing them come spring/summer and want to know if its worth it.
about 60lbs., but the best part of the seats is the feel and fit!

Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Neil
You are correct
Thanks....

Old 11-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
Where are these guys getting their "own" programs. Someone is selling "Private Lable" programming. There's nothing wrong with that. I think it's great. Anyone know who wrote Neil's code?
Zippy it comes from Germany

Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil
Zippy it comes from Germany
I was thinking it did. Care to share his name? I have a hunch as to who it is.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Sharky, you are joking right?
Those items alone are about 140lbs. You were at about 3100lbs.. I have good memory!
No no not in the summer. During the shoot out (remember I have that heavy *** tip) I did get down to 3250 but I had to take all sorts of creature comforts out. I added the roll bar back in and that's what I weighed at the scales heavy ****er! I didn't even have my CF hood at the time because I was waiting for the kevlar gemballa one (took like 4 months!).

Old 11-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
I was thinking it did. Care to share his name? I have a hunch as to who it is.
Has to be some bloke called Hans, Frans or maybe it's Gunther

Old 11-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Sorry, non of the above

Old 11-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future

Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
No no not in the summer. During the shoot out (remember I have that heavy *** tip) I did get down to 3250 but I had to take all sorts of creature comforts out. I added the roll bar back in and that's what I weighed at the scales heavy ****er! I didn't even have my CF hood at the time because I was waiting for the kevlar gemballa one (took like 4 months!).
Alex
I think what Markski wanted to know is what was the weight of your car when you did your best trap speed, and it was 3120lbs or so, based on what you had said earlier on the forum if I am not mistaken?? The EVOMS GT900 with 139mph or 140mph trap speed during the shootout was also on a 31xx lbs car, definitely not stock weight.

In any case weight savings is a legitimate way to improve timed runs so there is nothing wrong with it for sure.

Last edited by Jean; 11-07-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jean
Alex
I think what Markski wanted to know is what was the weight of your car when you did your best trap speed, and it was 3120lbs or so, based on what you had said earlier on the forum if I am not mistaken?? The EVOMS GT900 with 139mph or 140mph trap speed during the shootout was also on a 31xx lbs car, definitely not stock weight.

In any case weight savings is a legitimate way to improve timed runs so there is nothing wrong with it for sure.
I'll go back and look at the videos but I didn't get my best trap speed of 136 until the day I ran 10.62 etc... That day I really was back to almost normal weight. I know what you mean though, saving weight is an EXCELLENT way of getting some power