996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What is my exhaust worth???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:22 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
What is my exhaust worth???

I bought a ROOCK exhaust for over $4000 a good while ago ... it was later discovered that the exhaust I had purchased is 400 cell kats and not the 100 or Race kats .... it was also later discovered that my exhaust is a Europipe that was re-badged as Roock ...

Now it is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that for a performance stand point my exhaust is no good once you go past chipping the car (e.g. bigger turbos, headers, etc ...) but other than heavy mods my exhaust would be fine??

I've tried to sell my exhaust but everyone has backed out because of the 400 Cell kats ... it sounds great? Any idea what this exhaust should go for?

Old 03-08-2004, 12:26 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Re: What is my exhaust worth???

Originally posted by DarioTexas
I bought a ROOCK exhaust for over $4000 a good while ago ... it was later discovered that the exhaust I had purchased is 400 cell kats and not the 100 or Race kats .... it was also later discovered that my exhaust is a Europipe that was re-badged as Roock ...

Now it is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that for a performance stand point my exhaust is no good once you go past chipping the car (e.g. bigger turbos, headers, etc ...) but other than heavy mods my exhaust would be fine??

I've tried to sell my exhaust but everyone has backed out because of the 400 Cell kats ... it sounds great? Any idea what this exhaust should go for?

So it's basically a stage 1 Europipe then, right? How many miles on it? I hate to say it but probably no more than 1.5-2k? Eek sorry man!

Old 03-09-2004, 12:14 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Why not take it up with the place you bought it from? Sounds like you didn't get what you thought you were buying and that you got screwed.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:20 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Roock is rebadging Europipes? Ha!! I didn't know that but one look at it and it is blatantly obvious. The Europipe Stage 1 and 2 both use 100 cell cats. I can't imagine they would put in 400 cell cats for Roock. I would get in touch with Stef at Europipe. http://www.europipe.be/1024.html
He will be able to tell you exactly what you have there. They would probably be able to change out the cats if they are in fact 400 cell but I doubt they are.
I would rethink selling the exhaust. Europipe has IMHO the best build quality in the industry for exhausts. Get the skinny from EP directly and then decide what your options are.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:22 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Here is mine for comparison: