996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Al Norton show us some pic's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is on a distinguished road
Al Norton show us some pic's

Al Norton I know you have been lurking on the board for a while but when are you going to show us pic's of your new 996tt.

Neil

Old 01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Oh shoot. Congrats Al!

Glad to hear you finally picked one up. Now let Neil work some of his magic on it.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
que'???(spanish) I'll know probably once I see the car...

Old 01-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Oh shoot. Congrats Al!

Glad to hear you finally picked one up. Now let Neil work some of his magic on it.
It gets put to sleep next week.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Al does not waste time. Nice!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Tried to post a picture, but I guess I have forgotten how to do it.

Mostly plain vanilla '02 996 TT with GT2 wing and Bilstein suspension set at GT2 ride height. This suspension will probably be for sale soon, as my master tuner says this suspension is unacceptable for achieving his goals for the car. Arctic silver/black. One owner. Under 17K miles with transmission rebuilt under warranty. This was an important factor in my search. Wheels and tires are stock and the fronts are the original P-0's. Rears were recently replaced (P-0's) due to a flat tire. Owner says no tracking, and I tend to believe him.

I am going to do some mods via Neil Orton "The Dark Horse." I will leave it with him within the next several days and have given the instructions to return it when it accelerates in a manner that will please an old drag racer.

Have named the car "Silver Bullet."

Stay tuned for the interaction between the "Dark Horse and the "Silver Bullet."

Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Congratulations, post those pics up soon, and goodluck with the project

Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Congrats Al !

Now let Neil perform his magic

Bill

Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
very nice...definetly keep us updated....

Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Al, Neil,

Please keep us posted on the progress. Thanks!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Tried to post a picture, but I guess I have forgotten how to do it.

Mostly plain vanilla '02 996 TT with GT2 wing and Bilstein suspension set at GT2 ride height. This suspension will probably be for sale soon, as my master tuner says this suspension is unacceptable for achieving his goals for the car. Arctic silver/black. One owner. Under 17K miles with transmission rebuilt under warranty. This was an important factor in my search. Wheels and tires are stock and the fronts are the original P-0's. Rears were recently replaced (P-0's) due to a flat tire. Owner says no tracking, and I tend to believe him.

I am going to do some mods via Neil Orton "The Dark Horse." I will leave it with him within the next several days and have given the instructions to return it when it accelerates in a manner that will please an old drag racer.

Have named the car "Silver Bullet."

Stay tuned for the interaction between the "Dark Horse and the "Silver Bullet."

Congrats Doc. Nice to see my colleague w/ the same addiction "speed".

Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Al, Neil,

Please keep us posted on the progress. Thanks!
Al's car and a 997tt are both are joining the 700 club so work will start as soon as I get the engine room finished.

Neil

Old 01-11-2007, 09:26 PM
wow a 997tt going 700, that sound cool...

Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Gentlemen,

Here is a pic of Al's Turbo. I am posting this picture on his belhalf.

Al has told me to say that this picture was provided to him by the previous owner of the car.

Looks great Al! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for it.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Al Norton show us some pic's