996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What cars can beat a 996 Twin Turbo with Stage IV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:38 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
I don't even get how these flame wars start. I for one would love to race a Ruf, modded Mustang, Viper, Lambo, Ferrari or any other car. And I really don't give a rats *** if I win or lose. I think it would just be a hoot. Unfortunately, since I'm not a drag racer and I don't like road racing $150K cars surrounded by the usual club racer in a $5K beater... I never actually get the chance.

So, my point... does anyone care if Car X can beat Car Y, when 99% of us will never get the chance to find out... And, even if we did, would we really care if we lost a race to a guy that has a modded Mustang, a Lambo or any other car for that matter? I'd just give the guy thumbs up and thank him for the 10 seconds of adrenaline.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:42 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by DropGems
RufMD, you would without a doubt blow the doors off Allans Lambo if he wasn't spraying his 150 shot of nitrous.
Nitrous or no nitrous, have you ever tried to quick shift a Lambo ?

Lives up to its tractor heritage.

Old 03-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I am a Porsche fan, but I would take a Murci over a GT2 (even a modded one) any day, any time...

Old 03-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Rufmd, i can gaurentee you that i can quick shift a Lambo perfectly, but for you, i could slow shift without any problem at all.

Just remember Ruf is overpriced and underperforming. You can get a whole lot of power for a whole lot less.

As for tractor heritage, i wonder whats worse, tractors, or visions of Herbie the Love bug?

Old 03-03-2004, 07:48 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by mehrabani1
I am a Porsche fan, but I would take a Murci over a GT2 (even a modded one) any day, any time...
The only problem with that is if you drove the Lambo like a Porsche, it would break and be in the shop. Drive a Porsche like a Porsche and it's still on the road. They are Bullet Proof. Lambo's are for Poseurs, Porsche's are for drivers!!!!

Old 03-03-2004, 08:14 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by allanlambo
Rufmd, i can gaurentee you that i can quick shift a Lambo perfectly, but for you, i could slow shift without any problem at all.

Just remember Ruf is overpriced and underperforming. You can get a whole lot of power for a whole lot less.

As for tractor heritage, i wonder whats worse, tractors, or visions of Herbie the Love bug?
0-60 in 3.5 sec and 219 mph...your SV does neither

Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned
Very misinformed reply. I drive the **** out of my car. Ive driven the **** out of it for the last 6 years. Its never failed me once. Its seen 200mph more times than most of you have seen 100. I know plenty of others with the same experience, also shooting nitrous.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Very misinformed reply. I drive the **** out of my car. Ive driven the **** out of it for the last 6 years. Its never failed me once. Its seen 200mph more times than most of you have seen 100. I know plenty of others with the same experience, also shooting nitrous.
even when you drive the **** out of your car and shoot your nitrous, you still don't hit those digits pal...

give up the "Lambo is supreme" crap...

Old 03-03-2004, 08:19 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Banned
Originally posted by RufMD
0-60 in 3.5 sec and 219 mph...your SV does neither

Not stock it doesnt. But it will run 0-60mph in the upper 3's, the 1/4 in the upper 11's at 122-123mph, and run 211mph. Stock.

Now, my car is over 100pds lighter than a stock SV(stock weight 3366pds), on motor has over 70hp more than stock, and depending on jetting 150-200hp from nitrous. Ive seen the needle buried past 220mph on many an occasion where it bounces off the rev limiter in 5th. In the 1/4, with a 2.3 short time(horrible) should do 1.7-1.8, blowing the tires off 1-3rd, it turned a 10.98@133. And then i got kicked off the track. Thats on a 150 shot. From a roll, ive raced supercharged Vipers that run close to 140mph through the traps, and been neck and neck. Then, theres the 200shot....bring it on.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Banned
Originally posted by RufMD
even when you drive the **** out of your car and shoot your nitrous, you still don't hit those digits pal...

give up the "Lambo is supreme" crap...
Rufmd, you must be an idiot. Im not here saying Lambo is supreme. But it is quicker stock for stock. Your car is much faster than any Lambo that is stock. But if you think you cant mod a Lambo, then youre an idiot.

Oh and btw, ive had several Porsches also, that would blow your doors off. So now you can argue Porsche for Porsche. If youd like to ask about those, ask Bryan from FvD. I could give your little Ruf a nice head start, and blow by you, from any speed, at any time.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Rufmd, you must be an idiot. Im not here saying Lambo is supreme. But it is quicker stock for stock. Your car is much faster than any Lambo that is stock. But if you think you cant mod a Lambo, then youre an idiot.

Oh and btw, ive had several Porsches also, that would blow your doors off. So now you can argue Porsche for Porsche. If youd like to ask about those, ask Bryan from FvD. I could give your little Ruf a nice head start, and blow by you, from any speed, at any time.
I thought we were talking about your car and my car ?...guess the parameters of this conversation change on the fly in typical "AllanLambo" fashion...

FvD...are they still in business ?

Old 03-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Banned
What? We are talking about my car. My Sv exactly as i described, vs your Ruf. Ill blow your doors off. Actually, ill blow your doors off easily.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:43 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of

Ellen, Keep in mind, u have a beat up used, piece of **** 1998 out dated diablo. You remind me of this idiot in highschool who used to talk **** about his iroc z until I gave him a can of whoop'assin with a conquest TSi.

You keep stating Lambo is quicker, stock for stock, but that is clearly not the case, and you have no fact to back it up. Lou clearly compared the flagship production 1996 993 Turbo vs. the new fastest lambo - murcielago, and the 8 year old turbo was much faster - STOCK FOR STOCK

Now, Ellen..... I think you need to come off your Italian high horse and realize that in the end, you are wrong and of course, still indeed the one and the only...........

Old 03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
just out of curiosity ELLEN, what is your purpose here majority of the post Ive read with you involved in it, all you do is talk $hit about other car makers and how superior your Lambo is. Another thing, if you have several other porsches, why dont you add that onto you ***** extension or should I call it your signiture and maybe some lucky lady will see the tip of YOUR horn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What cars can beat a 996 Twin Turbo with Stage IV?