996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf's Bahrain facility is coming along nicely!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
it's a good deal for RUF for sure. sounds like the bahrainian investor is just throwing money away. it would be interesting to see what he gets out of this.

maybe a free car every year?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
One of the other main important reasons is that Ruf will be able to cater for the Japanese market, which has proven to be very strong over the years.

all the best
adam

Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Bahrain's King Abdullah is very corrupt.

There IS oil in Bahrain.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by AdamT
One of the other main important reasons is that Ruf will be able to cater for the Japanese market, which has proven to be very strong over the years.

all the best
adam
good point. and don't forget China too, which given the way things have been going, will probably be the #1 market for supercars within the next 10 years or so.

OT: I seem to remember recently that Shanghai (or was it Beijing) is now 2nd only to Bevery Hills as having the highest concentration of Rolls Royces...

Old 01-23-2007, 07:02 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
the highest per capita ruf concentration is puerto rico! a number of these guys keep rufs bothh at home and pfaffenhausen.
carlos

Old 01-23-2007, 07:13 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
wow this is amazing. Ruf is a great car company and it can now spread into new markets. it's profits should go up as well as fan base.

all in all it's a good move for Ruf

Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by teflon
This is all well and good, but what happened to the R50?

Greg A
Greg,

Looks like 2007 will be the year.

I will quote the article posted on the second page..........

Elaborating on the company's expansion plans, Ruf added: "We are also in the advanced stages of the development of our new, indigenous super car, which is slated to be launched next year. Our joint venture in Bahrain will supplement the production facility in Germany for the production of this car, which will be totally hand-tailored as is the case with all RUF cars."

The new RUF offering is aimed at the premium end of the luxury sports car market, affords a large degree of customisation to customers, and will sell at a price to be announced in due course.

"While starting off with limited production volumes, we aim to gradually upgrade our facilities in Bahrain to increase this number to more than 20 units in the near future," he added.

Last edited by Phoenix; 01-23-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
i put this on my list of places to visit

Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
MUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the roughMUSTGOFAST is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wow
Bahrain's King Abdullah is very corrupt.

There IS oil in Bahrain.
Barhrain's king is King Hamad. Where do you get your facts? And how would you know if he is corrupt? Please stop spewing nonsense and get your facts straight!

Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deputydog95
it's a good deal for RUF for sure. sounds like the bahrainian investor is just throwing money away.
Does every transaction need a winner and a loser?

In my daily business there is always a win-win situation.

Not sure how others work, but customers come back when they are happy and satisfied, not the opposite.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:05 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Erik
Does every transaction need a winner and a loser?

In my daily business there is always a win-win situation.

Not sure how others work, but customers come back when they are happy and satisfied, not the opposite.
I'm not sure I understand your response. This individual sounds like an investor, not a customer. Most people don't consciously agree to the wrong end of a "win-lose" situation.

With RUF only producing 35 cars a year, it would appear that it would take forever to get back any sizeable investment in this venture. This is all speculation of course as we don't really know the particulars of the transaction. Unless you plan on quadrupling your production, why bother with such a facility? According to the article, we're only talking 35 cars here, worldwide. And even then, they're not a true manufacturer, more of a builder/tuner. I would agree that it would make sense to have a service center in the region in lieu of flying mechanics around with as many customers as they have there. That is one of the things that turned me off from the RUF supercharger for my car (that and the riddiculous price). Waiting for mechanics to fly in and fix my car sounds like a pain in the ***.

RUF has a long and sucessful history, so you have to assume they know what they're doing.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
With RUF only producing 35 cars a year, it would appear that it would take forever to get back any sizeable investment in this venture. This is all speculation of course as we don't really know the particulars of the transaction. Unless you plan on quadrupling your production, why bother with such a facility? According to the article, we're only talking 35 cars here, worldwide. And even then, they're not a true manufacturer, more of a builder/tuner. I would agree that it would make sense to have a service center in the region in lieu of flying mechanics around with as many customers as they have there. That is one of the things that turned me off from the RUF supercharger for my car (that and the riddiculous price). Waiting for mechanics to fly in and fix my car sounds like a pain in the ***.

RUF has a long and sucessful history, so you have to assume they know what they're doing.
good points all. here's what i believe is going on:

1) 30+ cars a year produced currently, yes. but that's likely a function of limited production capacity (Pfaffenhausen is a pretty small operation). i'm guessing that they would be able to sell a lot more, but simply can't meet demand. this facility in Bahrain changes all that;

2) Ruf's revenues can't be estimated just by the 30+ cars produced. those are Ruf VIN cars. there are many many many more Ruf conversions. i have no idea what the ratio is, but you get the idea...

3) and after the conversions, you have all those bolt on parts. wheels, exhausts, body kits, strut bars, suspension...

and yes, all with pretty hefty mark-ups. agree or not with the pricing, all of these add up to well over just the estimated revenue of 35 RUF VIN cars...

Ruf opend up their US arm not long ago... they've also opened an outfit in Japan. and now the middle east. those are three of the largest consumers of high end cars on the planet. will definitely be interesting to see how things go.

if anything, what i'd be worried about is not whether they're over expanding, but whether this expansion will ultimately and in the long run, diminish the "personal touch" involved in purchasing a Ruf. its that classic transition from small mom & pop outfit, to big business. unless you're careful, something gets lost in the translation...

Old 01-24-2007, 07:19 AM
good post hesperus. excellent points.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaded996
I think they are gettinga ton of financial support for the goverment there. For a country like that they could build the whole facility for RUF and not even miss the money.
You're absolutely right. Yet they still only pay the Third Country Nationals (TCN's) that do all of the actual work in this country *barely* enough to live. It's pretty disgusting, actually.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-24-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Maybe they know something we don't

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf's Bahrain facility is coming along nicely!