996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf's Bahrain facility is coming along nicely!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Greg,

Looks like 2007 will be the year.

I will quote the article posted on the second page...
Phoenix,

Thank you very much. I hope you're right and this is the year.

I should have read the article a bit closer.

Greg A

Old 01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I'm not sure I understand your response. This individual sounds like an investor, not a customer. Most people don't consciously agree to the wrong end of a "win-lose" situation.

With RUF only producing 35 cars a year, it would appear that it would take forever to get back any sizeable investment in this venture. This is all speculation of course as we don't really know the particulars of the transaction. Unless you plan on quadrupling your production, why bother with such a facility? According to the article, we're only talking 35 cars here, worldwide. And even then, they're not a true manufacturer, more of a builder/tuner. I would agree that it would make sense to have a service center in the region in lieu of flying mechanics around with as many customers as they have there. That is one of the things that turned me off from the RUF supercharger for my car (that and the riddiculous price). Waiting for mechanics to fly in and fix my car sounds like a pain in the ***.

RUF has a long and sucessful history, so you have to assume they know what they're doing.
as hesperus mentioned, the 35 car production is a limitation of the Pfaffenhuasen facility. They simply dont have the room and man power to build more than that, however there are always more than enough orders for RT12's.

The current expansion to all these places is to stop from having to send mechanics and all their tools across the world. These individual facilities are not funded by RUF, instead they are independently owned, saving RUF a good chunk of change.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
as hesperus mentioned, the 35 car production is a limitation of the Pfaffenhuasen facility. They simply dont have the room and man power to build more than that, however there are always more than enough orders for RT12's.

The current expansion to all these places is to stop from having to send mechanics and all their tools across the world. These individual facilities are not funded by RUF, instead they are independently owned, saving RUF a good chunk of change.
Thanks for the info.. Would you be able to elaborate on the main purpose of such a elaborite facility in the middle east? Will they be producing RUF VIN cars from this location? Is RUF planning on ramping up production of vehicles in the future?

Old 01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by str8blst
Thanks for the info.. Would you be able to elaborate on the main purpose of such a elaborite facility in the middle east? Will they be producing RUF VIN cars from this location? Is RUF planning on ramping up production of vehicles in the future?
They plan on producing RUF VIN cars there, the setup is actually pretty cool and will be rather impressive when its all done.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:56 PM
ramone is infamous around these parts
In response to some comments I have read....

First Bahrain is not a "rich" country per say. At least not in comparison to its neighbors ie. Kuwait, and Saudi, that provide it with alot of financial aid. Bahrain has the lowest oil reserves of any G.C.C. country (Persian Gulf, Arab countries). Infact While all other G.C.C. countries have 50+ years of sustainable oil production left, Bahrian as of 2005 has all but completely run out and money from refining Saudi oil through pipelines has taken over as the leading revenue generator. These are some of the reasons why they have setup the new Forumula 1 track and are trying to attract new companies like RUF and starting the first auto manufacturing facility in the Middle East. Not simply because they have too much money to throw around but because they are thinking about the future of their country.

Also about what you mentioned Divexxtreme

Regarding those "third country nationals" or foriegn workers. What you consider salaries that are "barely enough to live" might be true in America and Europe but not in this or THEIR part of the world. You have to look at it in context. Keep in mind these people (mostly from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Philipines, all desperatley poor countries) would not leave their villages and come all the way to Bahrain if there weren't better opportunies for them there. They are also free to leave at any time and can always work somewhere else or back home if they want. They come there for a reason. Its like the illegal immigrants in america except these people come legally. A mexican is paid 4 dollars an hour in CA to pick oranges. In America that would be considered "barely enough to live" but for that Mexican he's making a better living there than he would if he was back home.

Thats just my perspective on the issue. I don't think its black or white. Salaries should be marginally increased however (especially in construction) and most importantly human rights should always be respected but I also understand the context of the situation because I have visited some of the countries that these people come from and I know that most are living far better off in the G.C.C.

Just things like running water and basic sanitation are luxuries they don't have back home...

Thats just my take on the issue. As I said before I don't think its black or white...

Last edited by ramone; 01-25-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:30 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Originally Posted by deputydog95
it's a good deal for RUF for sure. sounds like the bahrainian investor is just throwing money away. it would be interesting to see what he gets out of this.

maybe a free car every year?
Big money, makes bigger money. Millionaires wanna be billionaires.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ramone
Also about what you mentioned Divexxtreme

Regarding those "third country nationals" or foriegn workers. What you consider salaries that are "barely enough to live" might be true in America and Europe but not in this or THEIR part of the world. You have to look at it in context. Keep in mind these people (mostly from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Philipines, all desperatley poor countries) would not leave their villages and come all the way to Bahrain if there weren't better opportunies for them there. They are also free to leave at any time and can always work somewhere else or back home if they want. They come there for a reason. Its like the illegal immigrants in america except these people come legally. A mexican is paid 4 dollars an hour in CA to pick oranges. In America that would be considered "barely enough to live" but for that Mexican he's making a better living there than he would if he was back home.

Thats just my perspective on the issue. I don't think its black or white. Salaries should be marginally increased however (especially in construction) and most importantly human rights should always be respected but I also understand the context of the situation because I have visited some of the countries that these people come from and I know that most are living far better off in the G.C.C.

Just things like running water and basic sanitation are luxuries they don't have back home...

Thats just my take on the issue. As I said before I don't think its black or white...
Just so you know...I currently live in Bahrain. The TCN's are treated like crap by this country. They are under-paid and treated with zero respect. My security guards (both from India) haven't seen their families in 5 years...and no, they are not allowed to leave. They are forced to work 7 days per week, with rotating shifts...and neither one of them can leave the compound at any time for more than 1 hour. They make 50 BHD per month ($133.00 US).

Out of all the suicides that occur each year in Bahrain, 40% of them are TCN maids that routinely get beaten and/or sexually abused by their sponsors. And they aren't allowed to leave, either. Conditions are so horrible for them that they feel that suicide is their only escape.

Illegal aliens in America are treated far better than the TCN's are here. I know of TCN's that have been beaten in public by 12 year old Bahraini relatives of the royal family for doing nothing more than riding their bike to work, and their parents did nothing about it, other than laugh. Of course the police could care less about such abuses.

I see this type of crap every day in this country, and if I chose to, could spend two hours writing about all of the examples of abuse towards TCN's that I have personal knowledge of.

I'm looking very forward to returning back to the states in March.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-25-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:44 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Just so you know...I currently live in Bahrain. The TCN's are treated like crap by this country. They are under-paid and treated with zero respect. My security guards (both from India) haven't seen their families in 5 years...and no, they are not allowed to leave. They are forced to work 7 days per week, with rotating shifts...and neither one of them can leave the compound at any time for more than 1 hour. They make 50 BHD per month ($133.00 US).

Out of all the suicides that occur each year in Bahrain, 40% of them are TCN maids that routinely get beaten and/or sexually abused by their sponsors. And they aren't allowed to leave, either. Conditions are so horrible for them that they feel that suicide is their only escape.

Illegal aliens in America are treated far better than the TCN's are here. I know of TCN's that have been beaten in public by 12 year old Bahraini relatives of the royal family for doing nothing more than riding their bike to work, and their parents did nothing about it, other than laugh. Of course the police could care less about such abuses.

I see this type of crap every day in this country, and if I chose to, could spend two hours writing about all of the examples of abuse towards TCN's that I have personal knowledge of.

I'm looking very forward to returning back to the states in March.
Scott, obviously I will not claim that we in Bahrain live in a workers paradise. Abuses do happen and, I think, are not only confined to just Bahrain. I will not go on to cite examples in other parts of the world, even the civilized West. I will also not go into details to refute heresay or third party stories that you have heard about the young people who target poor laborors. Abuse of the poor and the downtrodden happenes in all socities regardlss of location and Bahrain is also no exception to this. I am sure that you could write endless reports on abuses that you noticed and I don't mind that at all. You're entitled to your opinion on working condition here as much as the next guy.

Let me, then, explain that Labour reform is coming soon, before 2007 is over I hope. It will facilitate free labour movement. Make it illigal to withhold documents of workers. Termintation of contract by the labourer if he so wishes and other rights that were not implemented or set in stone. A much imporved employer-employee conflict resolution mechinism. All of this will also see a major improvement of sallaries paid to Forigen Labourors, in some cases 150% over what they are getting now.

Scott, I hope that you do return safe to your country and I am sorry that all you saw from mine was the ill-treatment of labourors. I hope that the next time that fate places you here that you will wittness a huge improvment in working conditions.

Enough highjacking of this thread. If anyone wants to put across their point of view about Bahrain's labour conditions than the Offtopic section would serve much better than this thread abour RUF's new factory.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Well said Khalid ... your points are very clear.
Let's just say, congratulation to RUF for wining Bahrain as a partner.
Congratulation to all ME car fans, specially Porsche Lovers; on this amazing facility.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
Ramone = Middle Eastern Values' E-Bodyguard j/k
I havent seen you post on E46 in a while, are you back from Dubai?

I saw a DOC, where a Pakistani guard @ Emirates mall was complaining about the same "modern day slavery" treatment they were getting in Dubai.
It exists indeed.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jean
Hesperus is right. And Bahrain has the highest per capita "consumption" of RUF cars in the world apparently. I saw an RT12, a CTR2 and a Yellowbird CTR in the same place one day at the track last year already. Khalid, aka 03-turbo911 knows much more about this.
This is certainly going to be RUF's best testing ground after the Nurburgring that is.
also Bahrain has the most number of Billionaire in the World. and Micheal Jackson lives there too. lol

Old 01-27-2007, 12:13 AM
ramone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wow
Ramone = Middle Eastern Values' E-Bodyguard j/k
I havent seen you post on E46 in a while, are you back from Dubai?

I saw a DOC, where a Pakistani guard @ Emirates mall was complaining about the same "modern day slavery" treatment they were getting in Dubai.
It exists indeed.
Lol yeah i'm back. Whats your nick on E46 ? I'm still on there

Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
also Bahrain has the most number of Billionaire in the World. and Micheal Jackson lives there too. lol
Not correct, according to Forbes. The US has the most billionaires, followed by Germany, Russia and then England. Bahrain didn't even make the top 47 countries.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/ma...forb-m09.shtml

http://www.forbes.com/static/bill200...gory2=category

Old 01-27-2007, 12:52 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Come on guys - lets not hijack the thread.

Last edited by jags911tt; 01-27-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:39 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
but does he have a Ruf?

seriously, anyone here going to the factory opening? i'm feverishly trying to book my plane ticket and accommodations now! hope i can still make it!

i know a few people already going... would be good to meet up! again for some, and for the first time for others.

cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf's Bahrain facility is coming along nicely!