996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

8 sec EVO wants to kill me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:39 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Pardon me, here is the definition of Cato, it's a Rocketry term but applies perfectly to blown marine engines and I am sure boosted car engines!

Cato
Main Entry: Ca·to
Pronunciation: 'kA-(")tO
Function: name
CATO: A catastrophic failure, generally explosive, where all the propellant is burned in a much shorter time than planned. This can be a nozzle blow-out (loud, but basically harmless), an end-cap blow-out (where all of the pyrotechnic force blows FORWARD which usually does a pretty good job of removing any internal structure including the recovery system) or a casing rupture which has unpredictable, but usually devastating, effects.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Everything must go sooner or later...

I have 25K miles on my boosted engine and Im still at 96% across when I dod my leak down test...
respect the motor... use good fuel when you have too..
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I sold my EVO with 30K on it. Had stock 2.0L motor with Big Turbo kit running 25psi making 430whp on C16. My leak down was at 98%. That thing could have gone tons more.

more pics here -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...hp?c=47&userid=

Old 02-03-2007, 01:58 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by unvmym3
i dont understand how u peopel can sit there and say that the porsche will get himon the highway ...from a roll , the AMS evo with 604 awhp was destroying 650rwhp cobras and zo6's ... maybe when the evo runs out of gear the TT will roll by .but with all those mods listed and 30lbs off boost ...the TT is getting waxed something hard ! period ... i know cuase i also have a evo9 with lots of mods.
What we are saying is PUMP gas to PUMP gas...2.4liters vs 3.6liters...given the c/d of the EVO vs the turbo....the turbo should pull that evo on 91 (or 93octane) octane...I guess we will find out soon enough...

Old 02-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
In fact a solid 10 second street EVO will beat an 8 second EVO set up for the drag strip - on the street.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:06 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
i dont understand how u peopel can sit there and say that the porsche will get himon the highway ...from a roll , the AMS evo with 604 awhp was destroying 650rwhp cobras and zo6's ... maybe when the evo runs out of gear the TT will roll by .but with all those mods listed and 30lbs off boost ...the TT is getting waxed something hard ! period ... i know cuase i also have a evo9 with lots of mods.
So you know eh? You would know because your evo9 with lots of mods is waxing turbo as well? If not how could you possibly "know"

You have absolutely no idea what both cars will do on the highway, lets keep the speculation to a minimum. I have no doubt in my mind the turbo will get beat from what the guy "says" about his Evo, fact is i have been pleasantly surprised running up against my sc'd viper friends with monsterous power, yet i was either beating or losing by a CL to them to 160! Bottom line is you never know!

Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
Evo are great cars if that list is true you will get WAXED Period!! Now with a 700hp + PCar different story. It is safe to say Marks P will wax his EVO no Question. You have to look at Mod ver Mod you are just not there. Yes EVO work wonders but once you get into highway rolls what not its a diff story. Example last night 80 roll and it was over he couldn't even keep and his 500 + whp

Old 02-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
What we are saying is PUMP gas to PUMP gas...2.4liters vs 3.6liters...given the c/d of the EVO vs the turbo....the turbo should pull that evo on 91 (or 93octane) octane...I guess we will find out soon enough...
I raced my friends X50 in my evo on pump @ 20 psi.... I not only got a jump on him (surprised) but stayed ahead... apprx 60 to 130...
markski

click to view

Old 02-03-2007, 03:37 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Running these kinds of boost... just getting 106 octane at $6.50 a gallon will save your rides when you whip them hard.

The rest of the time you can get away with Super. Pretty cheap insurance policy on a car...

Old 02-03-2007, 04:21 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Out of curiousity on a highway roll above 100mph or so would the areodynamics become an issue between the two cars? If they were roughly the same hp from a roll, wouldn't the gearing and aerodynamics of the p-car be favored?

Old 02-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by daedalus
Out of curiousity on a highway roll above 100mph or so would the areodynamics become an issue between the two cars? If they were roughly the same hp from a roll, wouldn't the gearing and aerodynamics of the p-car be favored?
who knows... unless its tried we dont know....

click to view

Old 02-03-2007, 05:48 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I raced my friends X50 in my evo on pump @ 20 psi.... I not only got a jump on him (surprised) but stayed ahead... apprx 60 to 130...
markski
I was talking about Rob's modded car...