996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gauge Faces

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
BruceM seems like everyone is not reading your post. Maybe try speaking Louder...lol

Aloha

Byron

Old 04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
dice996c4 will become famous soon enough
or maybe those people want the "real" thing...

Old 04-06-2007, 12:55 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
any site where to get the faces that say turbo on them?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:20 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I'll pick up where BruceM left off. MeisterGauge Faces will do whatever custom combination you like by using original Porsche fonts. So, they are as "real" as all other aftermarket or as close to OEM as you like. He has done work on show cars and the finished product is very high quality. I believe the cost is @$300. He made a set of aluminum look ones for me. Very satisfied.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Bruce, you should post a photo of your cool gauges as an example of Meister's work. I copied yours and ordered the same set-up. Unfortunately, the wifey threw them in the garbage before I could get them installed.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dice996c4
or maybe those people want the "real" thing...
you can go and spend $3k for the "real" thing, and once it is installed only you know

here is a couple shots of mine

yellow center

Quality is very, very good! You can go the FVD route or choose your own color and style and go the other

Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
cpu77 is on a distinguished road
Any one have white 6spd ones for 996tt 2002

Old 04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
We manufacture gauge faces for 996/996T and we do the tachometer with the Turbo lettering as well. Faces are available in White, Red, Yellow and Aluminum. 6 speed or Tiptronic. 996 ('99-'01 only available in white or aluminum colors). $299.00 for the set. We can refer you to installers if you are local in L.A. and we provide a tool to remove the needles and the instructions.

PM me or email me for more info shauna@nrauto.com or check out our website www.nrauto.com. Our link is on the sponsor list as well.

-Shauna

Old 08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Project911 is on a distinguished road
I know this is an old thread, but are there any instructions on how to take off the cluster bezel?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
BasementCat is on a distinguished road
when i bought my 996tt, it had red gauge faces but they quickly started bubbling up in the heat. further, the red was very hard to see at times due to lack of contrast. i found the link posted just above to remove the gauge cluster (easy - takes few mins) and then was able to peel the decals off while keeping the dials in place (used x-acto knife to help - very carefully). when i peeled mine off, i discovered very nice white faces with the tach in a light grey. bummer that it does not have the turbo-s script though. oh well - i can live with it.

if you get different gauge faces, spend the extra money and get real faces and not use the decal approach to save a few $$$.

note: when removing the cluster - put down a towel over the dash under the cluster so you don't knick up the leather - its really easy to scratch it with all the sharp connector bits. be careful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.