996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gauge Faces

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Gauge Faces

how easy is it to change guage faces? i noticed FVDs clearance section, seems like a good deal, but how involved is it to change them?

Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
Pretty easy....4 screws and some clips

Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
yah, i found the instructions.. just thinking if it's worth voiding my warranty on the cluster for a red guage background

Old 03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I spoke to a couple guys and they didn't make it seem like it was very easy. The dealership quoted a few hours of labor to install them. I would pay the $150 and have the dealership do them right.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
rosesplus will become famous soon enough
Pulling the speedo cluster out is pretty simple (don't scratch the dash) but the tricky bit is getting the needles off.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Is there a company that will do this for you? I'd like to send my cluster to a pro to do this upgrade.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
This mod literally takes 5 minutes its the easiest thing you can possibly do nothing is hard about it at all...Pulling off the needles is easy too. I've done it millions of times and its literally 4 screws and a few clips and thats it. Don't spend $150 at the dealer, that is a complete rip off.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I've done it a number of times as well - very, very easy. It's a little tricky getting the lens and bezel off the cluster, but once you know how - it's way too easy to spend money on this.

If you're interested in doing this yourself let me know and I can walk you through it.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
kris is on a distinguished road
Funny my dealer would not do it, they said they needed a special tool?? I would love to do it myself if you can help out Rich.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:23 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
"we don't need no special tools" - seriously, let me know when you want to tackle the job and I'll walk you through it. The only special tools you need are torx driver and bits and a medium length thin slotted screw driver...

PM me and we can set up a time to go through the steps.

Rich

Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 PM
RiA
oh, and a set of small screw drivers - like a jewelers set or for eye glasses...

Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Haha I used the same thing....you definately need a set of jewelers screw drivers to pry off the grill on the left of the cluster and the hazard lights cover. If anyone needs help shoot me a pm and I'll help you out.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
If it so easy, I'll go for it too. I would love a set that are just like the color Porsche uses in the S models. They are like a light silver, almost white. Anyone know where to get these?

Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
take a look here.. he has did mine, and a few other guys on the fourm..

www.meistergaugefaces.com

anything you want...

Old 03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
For the guys that have changed the colors on their gauge faces - Is your illumination equal across the face? I was about to do this mod and gotten the courage up to handling the fine needles but then some people were complaining that their new faces did not illuminate up equally.....like the ends were dimmer than the middle of the face?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.