996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wicked/forum Criticisms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i second Luis's sentiment.

what bugs me are the misleading titles they give their cars. i've seen cars with side intakes, wide bodies and turbo insignia with the eBay title saying something like "Brand New Like NEw Porsche twin turbo new style"

Reading the title and first glance of the pics - you think it's a turbo. Only upon close inspection and reading the fine print do you realize it's a NA car with a body kit and some creative titling.

Why try and purposefully hoodwink someone??? Only set yourself up for an unhappy customer and possible legal recourse. To the avg guy who wants a 911 just becuase it's a 911; he can easily be misguided

What happened to honesty and working for a living?

Old 05-12-2007, 06:50 PM
951porsche is on a distinguished road
I personally don't like any salvage title sellers that don't fully disclose the title status and how that status came about up front. Alot of people don't read that title status on the listings, although I think its a great idea that ebay puts it on the listings. If they're up front at the start it ensures that the buyer is someone that knows what they're getting into, and provides the feeling that this is an upfront seller, IMO. I've seen alot of other Ebay sellers in the past that have posted up the full title status story as well as before and afters, they seemed to move alot of cars that way which I always thought was a more honest way to do business.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
My evo 8 that's faster in 1/4 mile then any P car that I'm aware of has a salvage title... no regrets. I bought the car with the intent of tearing it apart anyways.
Dont worry and enjoy ur turbo...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-12-2007, 07:02 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Billy,
I don't think anybody has said anything directly about your particular car.
Wicked however, has some cars for sale what that are atrocious IMO and an insult to me as a Porsche enthusiast.
Take this car for example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
Salvage title 04 996TT with an ugly 997TT conversion.
$179k? Are they nuts?
This is their description of the car:
"((( 2008 Porsche 997 Twin Turbo GTR-700 Wicked-7 Mega WideBody Cabriolet ))) "
When indeed it is an 04 Turbo cab.
It has Evo mods on it but they call them wicked (even though you can tell they are Evo)
I just don't care for them and will contuniue to have the same opinion.
By the way, If I saw your car advertised, I would not say anything negative about it as it looks like it was tastefully done. Its the over the top conversions that I personally do not like.
They are crazy with their asking prices on some of these cars.
What the hell is this abortion?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:07 PM
devious996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Seems fair, and good post.

But, and I don't know if you've noticed this or not, Wicked cars are not the only ones that get hammered on here. Heaven forbid you owned a Wicked Porsche AND a Z06. You might never come back . . .

Wicked takes what are usually salvage cars, womps them up, sometimes with non-matching pieces and kits from various styles of cars, and at times tries for some pretty high prices for them. Makes them an easy target for the purists on the board. But doesn't mean that some of the rest of us don't womp up some perfectly good cars ourselves from time to time.

And it doesn't mean that you don't have a great car, that they don't do good work, or that you didn't get exactly what you wanted at a fair price. It just means that you should expect a little of this, and some thicker skin might not hurt either. If you love your car, who cares what a bunch of internet jackasses think anyway!
haha "womp"..

Old 05-12-2007, 07:11 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
gee golly wizzzzz porsche builds cars and we up grade em so it seems that if a totaled p car is rebuilt to the buyers spects and he knows it's a rebuild who cares if no one is cheated

Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough

Old 05-12-2007, 07:14 PM
King is on a distinguished road
When I was in my 20's I owned a few rebuilt title sports cars. I got a lot more car then money spent.
I never had issues and did not have any problems selling.
In fact not much depreciation either.
So I agree, if it drives straight and it checks out, who cares or knows except your wallet.

I even had bank financing and warrantee work done with no problems.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:17 PM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough

Old 05-12-2007, 09:45 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I must have missed it...I don't get the post. I would typically ignore generalizations anyway...

Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Billystang just enjoy the car. I remember seeing billy and people were somewhat jerks to his ownership of his car. Billy just remember the first rule on internet forums and that is never internalize comments by other people.

Aloha

Byron

Old 05-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Nice post and remember opinions are like a--holes and everyone has them.

Aloha

Byron
Byron...you have "them" and you think everyone has "them"...I hope you mean opinions...

Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Chuck I am confused by your statement. I apologize but I have salt water stuck in my brain.

Byron

Old 05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I'm jealous...wish I had some Pacific water in my brain...just thought your statement should have ended with "one" not them...although multiple a__holes does conger up a disturbing image...I wonder what Sheryl Crow would wipe with then...maybe a palm frond?

Old 05-12-2007, 10:29 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wicked/forum Criticisms