996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BLACKED OUT headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:33 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Dave,

Please post pictures and your thoughts when finished - we would love to see how they turned out.

You may have a lot of work waiting for you here...

Old 02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Nobody has the pshop skills to simulate what it would look like seeing as there are no pics of a 996?

Old 02-17-2008, 02:42 AM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
cant wait to get mine back!

Just talked to Dave earlier, i he may be able to do carbon fiber inside the headlight possibly... We will see what happens. Now i just need the Techart kit to make the car look right.

Last edited by evo911; 02-17-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
here it is. headlight is busted and not sealed, so just pushed it in there and took a pic
i think this looks way better than stock

Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Mr.Al is infamous around these parts
Did you have him "blacken" the chrome area?
Wonder how good "color match" would look???
Finally...PROGRESS!

Old 02-26-2008, 04:02 PM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
well i did this myself few months ago and it turned out great, just didnt have time to do it to both working lights.
do you guys think it looks better than the stock? (well aside from the light being busted)

Old 02-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djomlas
well i did this myself few months ago and it turned out great, just didnt have time to do it to both working lights.
do you guys think it looks better than the stock? (well aside from the light being busted)

I like the dark headlights.

This will go on my list of must do mods.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Mr.Al is infamous around these parts
Anythings better than stock...although the lighter color cars may look better with color match..IMHO.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:46 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
really looking foward to updates and more pictures. I think the chrome inside the headlights is the only thing I dont like about my car.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:01 AM
evodave is infamous around these parts
I am just waiting on evo911 to come up to my shop and discuss options. the 996 TT lights have some key differences compared to the similar boxter lights done by the other member here ( i think thats what he did and what car it was) differences including the sprayer/squirter assembly. Either way , there are many different areas of the lights that can be done in different methods and since i have access at the shop to a full BASF paint mixing system any color in the spectrum is an option including factory colors. Additionally as dean discussed carbon fiber accents might look good. I won't know till i try and since his car isn't here i can't try one thing , put it together and install it then try others.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/itrader.php?u=9618

just so you all have peace of mind also, that is my 495+ positive feedbacks from evolutionm.net alone ,let alone other makes, models and websites.
Seeing it off the car (even completed) won't show me what i need to see. I also have been working with and modifiying the projectors in a way that changes the color when off but doesn't effect the light output when on. I am able to do red (super mean demon eyes) , blue (light or dark), green, purple (actually looks great), yellow , orange and a few others so i am prolly gonna do red or something sinister. i have a bunch of tricks up my sleeves for these lights including the option of leds ,halo rings and so on. Years of experience and 600+ sets of lights completed help when doing prototype stuff like this with finding simple, effective and proper looking mods.

Last edited by evodave; 03-07-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Dave - that all sounds good and I'm sure most of us are anxiously waiting for pictures of the results.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Dave all of that sounds really exciting. I think you will get allot of business from us here.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Evodave,

Ive sent a few emails to you requesting a price and expected lead time to take apart one of my 996 headlights, clean the headlight, and reseal. Not looking for any mods.
I havent heard from you. Its been a few weeks.

stupid me, I broke a tab that holds a foglight bulb in the housing. I put a small piece of electrical tape to hold the bulb in place, but of course it melted. giving of a cloudy discharge to the interior of the headlight lense. kind of looks like condensation.

Please contact me so that I can ship the headlight to your ASAP. I would like to do this while my car is in the garage for winter.(which is ending shortly!)

Thanks,

Ronnie

Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
evodave is infamous around these parts
i had emailed you back.....i will go back through and check my 900 emails again

Originally Posted by rcalcaide
Evodave,

Ive sent a few emails to you requesting a price and expected lead time to take apart one of my 996 headlights, clean the headlight, and reseal. Not looking for any mods.
I havent heard from you. Its been a few weeks.

stupid me, I broke a tab that holds a foglight bulb in the housing. I put a small piece of electrical tape to hold the bulb in place, but of course it melted. giving of a cloudy discharge to the interior of the headlight lense. kind of looks like condensation.

Please contact me so that I can ship the headlight to your ASAP. I would like to do this while my car is in the garage for winter.(which is ending shortly!)

Thanks,

Ronnie

Old 03-08-2008, 02:17 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
How much is a set of front headlights, new, and maybe used? I'd rather keep my stock lights stock, and get an extra set modded for fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BLACKED OUT headlights?