996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pictures: 996 TT GT 800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:53 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Great Fotos!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 12:04 AM
700hp996tt is on a distinguished road
will's car is a POS Tell him Brandon said whats up!! Known him for like 10 years now through my bro!

Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry to threadjack (Craig, your car is insane looking!), but did you say that Mike's S4 is now pushing 900hp?!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:49 AM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M Powered
Local car meet in the Valley. Hopefully some kids will fall for the good ole, "Yea, that guy in the black porsche just bought a loud exhaust and he thinks he is the ****, saying imports are garbage and slow" hustle. Hey everyone needs a mid week laugh.
You spoke to soon Just got back from craig vs. a 350z w/ huge slicks and NOS that had run an 11.30 before at the track... i'll let others chime in. There was a good video taken too!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Banned
M Powered is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ssmugen
You spoke to soon Just got back from craig vs. a 350z w/ huge slicks and NOS that had run an 11.30 before at the track... i'll let others chime in. There was a good video taken too!
Damn you beat me to the post! I was chating with Craig on the drive home; he also smoked a bike

He knows his launch is much to be desired; but thats okay, we knew what we were getting ourselfs into. My only regret is those kids not coming up with more money! I wanted to make some cash tonight!!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrivItLkUStolIt
So I just wanted to say I especially like the grey white color inside the exhaust, just a small hit of what is inside. A very subtle beware of monster sign
Lol! Yet, many overlook this obvious red flag.

Craig

Old 08-23-2007, 04:10 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversurfer
I'm sorry to threadjack (Craig, your car is insane looking!), but did you say that Mike's S4 is now pushing 900hp?!
You did not hear that from me.

Craig

Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by ssmugen
It was great meeting you!!!

That race was ridiculous. I am completely incapable of launching my car and, yet, I agreed to run a slicked down car from a dig that cuts 1.3 60 foot times . . . . and I give him the jump. I bogged off the line while he opened up 7-8 cars on me. It was comical. By the time I recovered from the bog and got going, I had a ridiculous amount of space to make up. I was probably going 20+ miles per hour faster than him when I blew past him.

No more races from a dig. If I go from a 5-10 mph roll, I don't have to deal with bogging, nor recover from a bogged start, and I am quickly in my sweet spot. I will only do rolling starts from now on.

I ran a bike on the way home and, starting from a roll, I owned him.

Craig

Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by M Powered
Damn you beat me to the post! I was chating with Craig on the drive home; he also smoked a bike

He knows his launch is much to be desired; but thats okay, we knew what we were getting ourselfs into.
Thats an understatement. My launch was, and is, pathetic (I need Sharkey to drive my car -- he is the master at launching a Tip). I bogged, then fell flat, before I could recover and begin moving forward. With his slicks, 1.3 60 foot, and the jump (what was I thinking), the start was just plain stupid. I have never had to come from so far behind. Fortunately, when I finally got going, my MPH was so much faster than his that I blew past him like a freight train.

Craig

Old 08-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Vindication is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you guys had some fun. Sorry I couldnt make it.

Does Will now post here too?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned
Awww god.

I'm soooooooo tired. Kinda makes me wonder if any of those "other" guys work or not.

Originally Posted by Vindication
Sounds like you guys had some fun. Sorry I couldnt make it.

Does Will now post here too?
Yes, he goes by Mojo. I told him about this thread. (which has now been officially been turned into a street race thread)

Oh joy, Thursday today. Those who were there last night at that parking lot next to the gas station, same meet goes on at the same time; however, 10x more amounts of cars are showing up.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Vindication is on a distinguished road
Craig informed me about this meet but wasn't able to attend. Will and I have known each other for about 2 or 3 years ever since i had my 03 Cobra. Last time I saw Will was when we hooked up the cars on the 210 awhile back. Very Nice guy. I will send him a message.

Nice to meet you M Powered.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Vindication
Craig informed me about this meet but wasn't able to attend. Will and I have known each other for about 2 or 3 years ever since i had my 03 Cobra. Last time I saw Will was when we hooked up the cars on the 210 awhile back. Very Nice guy. I will send him a message.

Nice to meet you M Powered.
Soren? aka Sperm?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
PsyFi is on a distinguished road
Beautiful cars!

What camera are you using?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by PsyFi
Beautiful cars!

What camera are you using?
1D Mark III with the 24-70 2.8L

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures: 996 TT GT 800