996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

any experience with mashaw gt2 bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
for what its worth, MAshaw and Getty Design make products for MANY of the aftermarket shops...chances are if you have an aftermarket GT2 bumper or any other "replica" types...its one of theirs...and thats a great thing because the products are great and the prices are unbeatable...

Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 PM
AIRjordan23 is on a distinguished road
since i started the thread i might as well update it and let whoever cares know that i purchased an MAshaw gt2 bumper, and then right after a MISHA gt2 wing.

both pieces OVERALL look great on the car.
THE MISHA WING is a great replica.
the MASHAW bumper looks great as well.

both pieces needed a reputable bodyshop to do the work. the bodyshops reported to me that yes their was some adjustments and prepping involved, but overall its a good copy.

the only issues i had with the MASHAW front bumper is that the ducting (center) of the 911 tt doesnt line up well. i can see the sides of the ducts, and maybe an inch of "gap" between the ducts and where they are suppose to be.
what i had done is purchase a gt2 center duct ($50 i believe) and will install this in a few days.
this should solve the problem.
will report when its installed.

aside for that everything is alighned well.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:04 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
since i started the thread i might as well update it and let whoever cares know that i purchased an MAshaw gt2 bumper, and then right after a MISHA gt2 wing.

both pieces OVERALL look great on the car.
THE MISHA WING is a great replica.
the MASHAW bumper looks great as well.

both pieces needed a reputable bodyshop to do the work. the bodyshops reported to me that yes their was some adjustments and prepping involved, but overall its a good copy.

the only issues i had with the MASHAW front bumper is that the ducting (center) of the 911 tt doesnt line up well. i can see the sides of the ducts, and maybe an inch of "gap" between the ducts and where they are suppose to be.
what i had done is purchase a gt2 center duct ($50 i believe) and will install this in a few days.

Thanks for the update! keep us posted on the final results. Also, any part numbers you could pass along would be awesome as I am seriously considering ordering a set of these myself.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
any close up pics of the gaps/fitment would be greatly appreciated. Also, what can one expect to pay for prep/paint/install?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light

I do not think that the gt2 center duct will fit correctly without tilting the radiator to the gt2 position, you can however use the stock duct flipped upside down, still not correct but a little better fit that in the correct position, you should get the gt2 side ducts,these will fit fine and give you the correct airflow.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:58 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever get the center duct installed? I was thinking of purchasing it as well but as derboost said, it doesnt look like it will be in the same location as the GT2 front rad is mounted differently.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I met Bill at MAshaw and purchased their carbon fiber GT2 wing with deck and the fit was excellent. The product is solid and I think a great value.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Bringing this thread back from the dead but it has some great information and I have some questions.

Can anyone comment on the ducting on the side and center vents? From what I've read it seems like GT2 vents for the side work best and just flipping the OEM center that we already have on our cars works best??

Any part numbers or further info would be great! Thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Yes need GT2 ducts for the side radiators. If you want to do it right (and most do not) you need to do some work to the front to get it to flow over hood. if not, the bottom is CLOSED UP so unless your shop cuts away some of the underneath OR you make it work properly you front radiator will be useless. I have seen DOZENS of cars that were done this way.. Lots of Moron shops out there.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by viperbob
Yes need GT2 ducts for the side radiators. If you want to do it right (and most do not) you need to do some work to the front to get it to flow over hood. if not, the bottom is CLOSED UP so unless your shop cuts away some of the underneath OR you make it work properly you front radiator will be useless. I have seen DOZENS of cars that were done this way.. Lots of Moron shops out there.
Gotcha, thanks.

Also, can the OEM GT2 front lip be used on the Mashaw GT2 bumper? I know on the Precision Porsche one it can. I'd prefer to use the OE lip rather than the carbon lip Mashaw provides.

thanks

Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 AM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Not out of the box can you use the real GT2 spoiler. There are nuts and holes in place to mount the carbon wing. You can use those or shop can install some more to mount GT2 if desired. Actually worked with Getty to make an even deeper Carbon spoiler instead of the small one they deliver standard. The extended one is pretty cool.... I have Dr. Kerr's car setup to install a 997 Cupcar spoiler, so anything is possible.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by viperbob
Not out of the box can you use the real GT2 spoiler. There are nuts and holes in place to mount the carbon wing. You can use those or shop can install some more to mount GT2 if desired. Actually worked with Getty to make an even deeper Carbon spoiler instead of the small one they deliver standard. The extended one is pretty cool.... I have Dr. Kerr's car setup to install a 997 Cupcar spoiler, so anything is possible.
Sounds good and thank you for the info! Got any pics of your front lip??

Old 04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
search for Tkerr and you can see some of his pics

Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Iceyankee-Tsi is on a distinguished road
Very good quality bumpers.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
rh30506 is on a distinguished road
MaShaw is the real deal!

MaShaw Gt-2 bumper fits perfect and looks great!