996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HELP!! Car won't boost over .9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Just an FYI, the stock boost gauge isn't accurate with the GT6400 or non-Hitachi based GT kits. Have you hooked up a real boost gauge? It's reading .9 bar likely because that's what it has been set to read as a max so the TB won't shut down.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Maximus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sharkster
Just an FYI, the stock boost gauge isn't accurate with the GT6400 or non-Hitachi based GT kits. Have you hooked up a real boost gauge? It's reading .9 bar likely because that's what it has been set to read as a max so the TB won't shut down.
Yes thats how Sol finally discovered that it was making boost he hooked up an analog gauge. My only issue is I am sure that I saw a higher reading before??. However If thats what it's supposed to be thats fine, My only ***** is when I called my tuner and told him the issue he said I must have a boost leak, it would have been nice if he told me that the kit I purchased from him would only register .9 Bar.

I went out and spent over $3,500.00 to find out the hard way, Needless to say I am a little disappointed and will leave it at that.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
maximus just trying to help, you are still boosting higher than .9bar. I don't think you understood my post.... the car is being "fooled" into thinking that's what it's boosting is .9bar but really it's doing more than 1.3bar and not actually shutting down the throttle body. You would have seen "more" boost on the stock gauge because you didn't have the xena diode installed before the GT640 programing and so it was "working" normally. Now it's just set to only read a maximum of .9bar so that the throttle body doesn't shut down and whilst it's making/pushing 1.3bar and beyond. Make sense? Depending on what your tuner did you can put one in that makes it read 1bar, 1.1bar, .5 bar etc... doesn't make a difference. I don't know who your tuner is but usually they would say they same thing etc...

Old 09-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Sharkster

I understood what you meant, I am just saying that I was unaware that the program caused my gauge to not work properly, I was under the impression that I had a problem when I didn't see over .9 bar and called my tuner for help. When I explained the car was not boosting over .9 (and he is aware that I have the GT640 kit) I would of thought at that time he would have told me that it was possible the gauge was inaccurate or that the program caused the reading, not tell me I probably had a boost leak. If I had known that I would have paid to have an analog gauge installed instead of spending all that money looking for leaks.

I know it's hard for you guys to try to service customers without seeing the cars and maybe it just slipped his mind, I really am not trying to place blame I am just upset I had to find this out the hard way.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
maximus , but the car still felt strong and was running good ?

Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes it runs strong!!, Only reason I thought there was a problem was the .9 thing, I figured there was MORE

Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Maximus
Sharkster

I understood what you meant, I am just saying that I was unaware that the program caused my gauge to not work properly, I was under the impression that I had a problem when I didn't see over .9 bar and called my tuner for help. When I explained the car was not boosting over .9 (and he is aware that I have the GT640 kit) I would of thought at that time he would have told me that it was possible the gauge was inaccurate or that the program caused the reading, not tell me I probably had a boost leak. If I had known that I would have paid to have an analog gauge installed instead of spending all that money looking for leaks.

I know it's hard for you guys to try to service customers without seeing the cars and maybe it just slipped his mind, I really am not trying to place blame I am just upset I had to find this out the hard way.
Hey Maximus... again not sure who your tuner is but most of the tuners on here are good guys. I'm sure if you called them they and explained what you meant through they might offer to cover/help a bit or something? Just a thought.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Yes it runs strong!!, Only reason I thought there was a problem was the .9 thing, I figured there was MORE
There is.. it's called the GT700

Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
LOL , i see i see oh well right ?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:35 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
classic, you sent your turbo back to the guy who did the install, and he has the nerve to charge you for his ingnorance?!! wow.. that sucks. that whole misleading .9bar program thing is lame.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:44 AM
sharkwerks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oak
classic, you sent your turbo back to the guy who did the install, and he has the nerve to charge you for his ingnorance?!! wow.. that sucks. that whole misleading .9bar program thing is lame.
Good thing his tuner is anonymous then eh

Old 09-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Actually I didn't send it to the tuner I bought the kit from he is out of state, I went to a local guy who was recommended by a couple guys on this site. Sol at Perfectpower.

Originally Posted by oak

Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Maximus... again not sure who your tuner is but most of the tuners on here are good guys. I'm sure if you called them they and explained what you meant through they might offer to cover/help a bit or something? Just a thought.
I doubt that would be the case, I sent an email to him a couple day's ago and he never emailed back, Sol also called several times over several day's and never got a return call, was told he was in the shop working on a car.

I don't want to start anything over the forum because I would probably be banned for life considering who it is. So if I happen to suddenly dis-appear come looking for me

Old 09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It's the Evo Stage4 GT640 kit. Sol fixed all the leaks, there were several but none of them were that big. The system has been pressure tested and is fine, I am going to replace the sending unit just to see for myself but am sure I have seen over 1.2 bar in the past.
That doesn't sound right. Did you buy the kit new and complete? You can easily get 1.2 bar with just a flash,wg and exhaust.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:49 AM
There is.. it's called the GT700
Does the boost gauge read correctly with that kit??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Car won't boost over .9