996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Extremespeed is infamous around these parts
I'm not to familiar with europipe. But, fabspeed sounds good to me. Tubi is loud and droning, especially if you use there tips. Good luck with the decision!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I owned a fabspeed and recently sold it, as a matter of fact, to a member on here... The fit and finish of the fabspeed was on par with that of other systems I've owned in the past, and I thought there was nothing at all wrong with it.

The ONLY reason I sold mine was the interior noise between 2K and 2.9K RPMs. I have the SAME Issues with the exhaust that was on the car when I bought it... I'll likely end up with a EP2quiet, as I want to enjoy driving the car without hearing all that racket.

Those who don't like the idea of the EP (like me) are hating it due to cost... But hey, if I can keep the power without going deaf and HATING DRIVING IT on the street, then I'll pony up and buy the EP...

What other choices do we have???

Mike

Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by justinmm2
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Tubi, but I recall reading it was fairly restrictive and might limit potential power gains. Is that so? I don't care if I only gain a few HP by slapping it on, it's when I start doing other mods that worries me...

Justin
the first generation had problems. the second generation with the two cans does not. according to my GIAC tuner, he has had no problems with the Tubi. However, it is a loud exhaust and does have some drone on the freeway...

i think i want to move to the EP though...

Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I don't know WTF you heard, but mine sounds great, clearly hear the turbo whistle. Probably not the gen 3's. Personally, I think the europipe louds sound like **** (drove one on a 996tt about 500 miles), drones like a **********er, but if that's what you want, go for it!
FABSPEED ROCKS
It's going to take them years to earn their rep back after the gen I's and II's... those things were loud and resonated... price was right though.

And the Gen III aint an EP anyway you slice it... but the price is right.

Seth

Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Mine doesn't drone at all, the ep-L I drove was the worst(drone) exhaust I ever heard, sorry, jmo. One man's great exhaust is anothers drone, and vice versa.
Sure you didn't have a fab-speed on there or something by accident? There IS NO drone at all, or a hint of it, or anything with an EP. There just isn't... there more mellow inside thant he stock system.

Perhaps the install was bad, or one of the clamps was loose?

Seth

Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
In all fairness, all kidding aside, ep is a good peice, just waaaaay too expensive for what it is, a muffler. The FS gen 3 is excellent in my book, but the quiet version is very quiet, check it out, might be an option for guys like mikelly, as swapping bypass pipes in/out is easy for track days. The earlier FS 996TT exhaust was too loud for me as well. Keep in mind any 'loud' muffler is gonna be, well, loud and probably drone.
SM, it was the 996tt ep loud export version, a yr and a half ago(difft version?), I had headaches for a month. It was as loud/louder than bypass pipes! I **** you not.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 09-18-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
In all fairness, all kidding aside, ep is a good peice, just waaaaay too expensive for what it is, a muffler. The FS gen 3 is excellent in my book, but the quiet version is very quiet, check it out, might be an option for guys like mikelly, as swapping bypass pipes in/out is easy for track days. The earlier FS 996TT exhaust was too loud for me as well. Keep in mind any 'loud' muffler is gonna be, well, loud and probably drone.
5K for a muffler is a kick in the nuts anyday of the week... it's a muffler, a dispoable replacable part on nearly any other car. The EP is the second time I dropped cash on a muffler, so I'm at least $7800 or so into mufflers now, which is more than I care to admit.

I like the EP though, good work, nice looking (although you can't see it). I wish I would have bought it first and saved my self a few G's in the long run.

Seth

Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I don't want to tell you how much I spent on mufflers for NA 996's, they'd have to lock me up. Suffice it to say, you'd be able to pay a mortgage on a decent house for a month.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Dollar per HP you can not beat the FS. For an exhaust under 3K the system makes as much as anyones out there and by most standards does not drone. Honestly if there was something better for the money I would have it on my car!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I have heard Tubi on a 996TT and it was very loud, I suspect it drones quite a bit. I have not heard the EP, I'm sure it's on par with a Ruf exhaust, but $5K for a muffler??? For the 997TT I settled on the Fabspeeds based on my good history with the product and their great customer service.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
I have not heard the EP, I'm sure it's on par with a Ruf exhaust, but $5K for a muffler???
My TT is running Ruf exhaust and my friends have EP2 loud and EP1. Both EP owner found droning on their system. My Ruf don't have any drone issue and it quilter than stock at low rpm. But it was loud at WOT.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER

I personally dont like the quality of Fabspeed or its owner.

MK
^^^ What he said!!!^^^

miltek also makes a nice system. It seems to be getting louder though as I put more miles on it.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
My car is finally out of the shop with a Turbo Tuning Pietz (TTP) Sport Exhaust system. Not extremely loud, but a really great sound and no drone for sure. Nice quality materials, good welds and easy fitment. No HP/Tq comparisons personally, because engine was not dynoed, and probably won't be.
weight 38 lbs. Cost---I don't know. Part of the total build pricing.

http://www.t-t-p.de/english/996turbo.php

For those interested, I can refer you to the Company from whom I purchased it.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Peachboy is infamous around these parts
Bought the car in May of this year and I hear it was originally sold in 06. Whoever bought it and paid $223k must have taken an absolute shallacking on the resale. The way I looked at it the low mileage was the equivalent of less than three tank of gas worth of driving.

There is no way I would have ordered on a new car the GT2 kit and the carbon fiber interior plus the other numerous options he took. But, heck, his loss is my gain.

So it sounds that it come down to EP or Tubi.

If your friends that have the EP have the loud version I wouldn't mind hearing the sound if they are ever in the GTA region.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
5K for a muffler is a kick in the nuts anyday of the week... it's a muffler, a dispoable replacable part on nearly any other car. The EP is the second time I dropped cash on a muffler, so I'm at least $7800 or so into mufflers now, which is more than I care to admit.

I like the EP though, good work, nice looking (although you can't see it). I wish I would have bought it first and saved my self a few G's in the long run.

Seth
Seth, I beg to differ on you statement about it being only a muffler. I thought long and hard about the cost involved and came to a level of piece within myself when I added up what I was buying. Most of us grew up before Stainless Steel Exhaust components and Catalytic Converters. I was thinking of these aftermarket pipes as replacement mufflers, just like you stated in your last. What we are replacing in all cases is almost a whole Exhaust System. This also includes the High Flow Catalytic Converters, which are expensive no matter what brand you buy. An aftermarket Cat for a Kia is $360; one for my GMC Truck is $250. And these are throw away Cats not made of Stainless Steel. Most mufflers that are out there are Plain Steel and Zinc Plated or Aluminum coated and will eventually rust out. True the Porsche OEM System is Stainless, but anyone have a price on one of them? Each of these Exhaust Systems has its’ merits, and some are more advanced. If you look at the long end and compare the cost of owning a car with Plain Steel Exhaust System and added up the number of times it is changed out, you would be surprised. I believe these new Systems are a once in a lifetime purchase for the car. The beauty of it is we have a choice and an opinion. If I choose to purchase one cheaper or more expensive, that is the choice. So if you look at the aurgument here in this thread, there really isn’t that much of a spread in cost. What a $895 bucks (Fabspeed to EP)

Fabspeed $3,495 Shipping ???
Europipe II Loud $4,390. shipping $195 and no tax
Milltek $3,995 Shipping ???
GMG $3,800 to $4,900 Shipping ???
Billy Boat $3,670.00 to $4,090.00 Shipping ???
Kreissieg Stainless Steel $5,698 Shipping ???
Kreissieg Titanium $7,798 Shipping ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi, Europipe or Fabspeed Gen III