996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

XPEL Stealth Before and After Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
XPEL Stealth Before and After Photos

The photos are finally here. This is not your typical clear bra coverage. We full body wrapped a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 in our latest STEALTH film to switch from a black gloss finish into black matte.

Keep in mind that you can change any gloss finish into a matte finish with XPEL's STEALTH film. Our film will not change the color of your car but it will give it that matte look.

The advantage over a vinyl wrap is that our STEALTH paint protection film is .05 mil thicker and will protect your car against rock chips where vinyl does not.

I apologize in advance for not posting a photo of a Porsche but I wanted to show off the look and for you to visualize what it might do for your car.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=415031608839

Last edited by XPEL; 08-19-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
Xpel stealth installation video

For those of you who had questions on how the film is applied to the car we have posted this video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ01Sb2IqlA

Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
looks like a nice protective product...I like the matte look as well...how would i go about getting this put on in Maryland? any installer network link or something?

Old 01-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sunir
looks like a nice protective product...I like the matte look as well...how would i go about getting this put on in Maryland? any installer network link or something?

I would go to www.xpel.com and punch in your zip code in the dealer locator section of the homepage. A number of installers will show up in your area.

If youwould like some additional photos to take a look at you can also visit our Facebook page at www.xpel.com/facebook.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks Xpel Tech. Is Xpel a 3M product? I know there are several of these products out on the market. I've seen some cars with a clear film applied and they have swirl marks and scratches on the film although there is no discoloring and peeling, just looks like really scratched up paint, but it's really the film that's swirled and scratched up? I've heard of products such as RoadBlock and others...

what are your thoughts?

Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Xpel Tech. Is Xpel a 3M product? I know there are several of these products out on the market. I've seen some cars with a clear film applied and they have swirl marks and scratches on the film although there is no discoloring and peeling, just looks like really scratched up paint, but it's really the film that's swirled and scratched up? I've heard of products such as RoadBlock and others...

what are your thoughts?
We make our own film in 4 different styles and grades. Everything from ultra clear film with zero orange peel to the matte finish film on this thread.

There are some films on the market that scratch or swirl easily. Generally these are films with a very hard clearcoat on them, which will swirl just as paint does if not properly cared for. Problem with that type of constuction is the clear is often not as easy to correct as paint is. Our clear coat is not only very difficult to scratch or swirl, but even if something does happen, it can be corrected using the same techniques as you would on paint (polishing with a buffer or even color sanding). We even have a new film that is due to release in about 4-6 weeks that is self-healing.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by XPEL Tech
We make our own film in 4 different styles and grades. Everything from ultra clear film with zero orange peel to the matte finish film on this thread.

There are some films on the market that scratch or swirl easily. Generally these are films with a very hard clearcoat on them, which will swirl just as paint does if not properly cared for. Problem with that type of constuction is the clear is often not as easy to correct as paint is. Our clear coat is not only very difficult to scratch or swirl, but even if something does happen, it can be corrected using the same techniques as you would on paint (polishing with a buffer or even color sanding). We even have a new film that is due to release in about 4-6 weeks that is self-healing.
Wow tell me more about the self healing? What are the details with that? what about cost for that compared to otehr Xpel treatments? Will this be available through any local Xpel installer as well thru the locater system?

Who makes Xpel? What is the manufacturer's warranty on the product?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor
Wow tell me more about the self healing? What are the details with that? what about cost for that compared to otehr Xpel treatments? Will this be available through any local Xpel installer as well thru the locater system?

Who makes Xpel? What is the manufacturer's warranty on the product?
Our self-healing film has a clear coat which employs an elastic resin that returns to its original state within a day or two after being scratched. The process can also be accelerated by heating the surface. All XPEL dealers will have access to the film.

XPEL film is XPEL film. It is not rebranded if that's what you mean. We do contract out the assembly (as do many of our competitors), but not to another film company.

The warranty on our film is 7 years.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by XPEL Tech
Our self-healing film has a clear coat which employs an elastic resin that returns to its original state within a day or two after being scratched. The process can also be accelerated by heating the surface. All XPEL dealers will have access to the film.

XPEL film is XPEL film. It is not rebranded if that's what you mean. We do contract out the assembly (as do many of our competitors), but not to another film company.

The warranty on our film is 7 years.
awesome sounds like a great product. I will likely wait until the new product arrives and look at the price point difference before deciding but XPEL seems to give some good choices. I'll use the installer locator to find a dealer in my area as per your suggestion...