Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Post Your Rare, Unusual Or Just Plain Weird AM Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Wink Post Your Rare, Unusual Or Just Plain Weird AM Photos

Title says it all... there are some really weird Aston Martin's out there. Some are really nice and some are horrible. Either way it's interesting to look at.

I'll get it started:

Nissan 370z wheels?

Old 09-04-2015, 09:31 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Best car on here...DB9 Zagato Volante.

Would sell all my cars for that one (still not enough bucks, however).

Old 09-04-2015, 10:49 AM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough

Old 09-04-2015, 12:59 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I think the Lagonda is just weird looking. The Vulcan looks like one of the Hot Wheels you had when you were a kid - the good ones!

Old 09-04-2015, 04:33 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
The Lagonda just photographs badly. Its actually much better in person. The Vulcan photographs well and is just plain mean/evil looking in person.

Here is one more I found on my hard drive from a car meet a few months ago...

Old 09-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My Previous different Astons

Some past Astons I've owned

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	InteriorDrivers.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	427549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lagonda_A36_a.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	855.7 KB
ID:	427550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Series4_Panel1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	427551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tux2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	427552  
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold

Needs a big meatball, no number, just a meatball in the middle of the doors. Should be a shade or two lighter than the Tungsten body color.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:54 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Best car on here...DB9 Zagato Volante.

Would sell all my cars for that one (still not enough bucks, however).
Um, maybe you see different pic than I do. What DB9 Zagato Volante? There's a wretched looking mess that certainly looks like the crap that Zagato does, but it looks like it has a solid roof.

Meanwhile, in the awesome list: DBS Long Roof!

Old 09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Green car

Old 09-08-2015, 12:09 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Ahh, that one. Is it actually referred to as a DB9 anymore? I know that's what it was built on but thought it was given some special name.

Also, kinda odd to weigh in on a car that's mostly not visible, but I guess since most of us have probably seen pics of it before, it makes some sense.

Well, of all of the things Zagato has done to Aston Martins, that set is the most pleasant to look at.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Just sold at auction for around $650K. Too rich for me, unfortunately.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Just sold at auction for around $650K. Too rich for me, unfortunately.
A One-77 would have been a better investment...I think. I can't imagine the original owner spent much less than $450 on the car when he ordered it. Anyone know? Makes me wonder about the cost of all of those custom coach builds. The Bertone Rapide shooting brake, etc. On top of the price of the car, what's the coach builder price?

Old 09-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Not sure why people wrap their cars in this crap...

This however is awesome.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by IbisRider
A One-77 would have been a better investment...I think. I can't imagine the original owner spent much less than $450 on the car when he ordered it. Anyone know? Makes me wonder about the cost of all of those custom coach builds. The Bertone Rapide shooting brake, etc. On top of the price of the car, what's the coach builder price?
Over a million for the car + custom design & build. That's what made it a great buy at auction. It'll be worth far more than any 1-77 20 years from now.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Over a million for the car + custom design & build. That's what made it a great buy at auction. It'll be worth far more than any 1-77 20 years from now.
What about the recent trajectory suggests to you that the value will actually increase? It's a very unique car with a very limited appeal. Just because it's rare and originally very expensive, doesn't mean anyone else will ever value it as much as the original owner. See also; custom architecture.

You said "over a million for the car + custom design and build". What does that mean. There's the "base" DB9 price ($250k or so?), then the cost for custom design and build. What's the million? Are you saying that the custom design and build was $1m? That seems excessive for some custom body work and some glass, but maybe that stuff is more than I'd expect. I was thinking it would be in the $200k-$300k range.

The One-77 on the other hand was a limited production super car, built by the actual car company. According to an AM rep at the PB event, one was just resold by the AM Works shop for double it's original value. I have trouble imagining any of the 77 units ever going for less.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Your Rare, Unusual Or Just Plain Weird AM Photos