996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:26 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Funny thread - LOL. I have the opposit situation. I do not let my husband ever drive my Porsche and he knows not to ask (his knees are so bad he can't get in and out anyway and he doesn't drive a 6-speed). We typically drive his car when it is the both of us and he lets me drive his Mercedes whenever I need to. Yes, I feel guilty but can't seem to let anyone get behind the wheel of my Pcar. Happy Wife, Happy Life

Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Wife can drive it, but she HATES it...ytoo loud, too low, too bumpy, and you gotta shift...she likes her Range Rover just fine....

Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cdaniels
after 16 years of marriage my wife has never asked to drive my Porsche.....I've offered.....but she's afraid if she drives it something might go wrong...then all hell will break loose....have I got her trained or what! You young fellows just don't know how to handle your women!

My wife is the exact same way. she doesn't want any part of a potential problem that she MAY have caused...

Old 12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by flash80
My wife only feels comfortable driving my car when I'm in the passenger seat. I would allow her to drive it any time. That being said, she rarely wants to drive the porsche. I, too, taught her how to drive a manual--I think automatics suit her better, she's more of a cruisy-type driver.

In the end, it's just a car, she's much more important than any car.

a wife is more important, yes. A g/f? that's not a ringing affirmative.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
My GF has driven my 996 a couple of times. She's used to a manual transmission and has been on some sort of driving course (more than I have !). I remember going down the freeway once around here and I said "you know, it does have 6 forward gears" and she replied "I know. I'm trying hard to keep it under 80". That was before it was supercharged.

:-)

She's not that bothered by the cars really. She's never asked to drive the F-car and I don't really think she'd want to.

She just thinks they are both "lads" cars.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:19 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
wwboater had it right...Im getting her a New Targa 4 that she can use all year round Automatic of course...Ill keep my mod'ed 996 C2 Cabrio

Old 12-27-2007, 12:43 AM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
My girlfriend/fiancee is too scared to drive my Pcar. She actually loves cars but get's too nervous driving it. She drove it once and did very well.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 AM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
What's scary is when it's girls night out, guess what car they want to take out? Can you imagine a Pcar filled with 4 girls in Hollywood clubbing. "I have a bad feeling."

Old 12-27-2007, 01:06 AM
ChuckLogan is on a distinguished road
"To Want" one of many human conditions . .

The wife's SUV has tons of mystery dents and scrapes . .

Let her take my 996 out ? . . No . . I have been told that word before . .

Old 12-27-2007, 01:11 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by asifallasleep
Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?
My wife uses wheels as curb feelers, so NO WAY!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 AM
pjalexandre is on a distinguished road
My wife drives my 996 just fine. But as it has gotten louder, lower, stiffer she tends to prefer her comfy Audi S4 over my raw 996. Still borrows it for short trips to safe parking destinations (as she puts it).

Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 AM
cdaniels is on a distinguished road
If Moma ain't happy....nobodies happy!

Originally Posted by gretapass
Funny thread - LOL. I have the opposit situation. I do not let my husband ever drive my Porsche and he knows not to ask (his knees are so bad he can't get in and out anyway and he doesn't drive a 6-speed). We typically drive his car when it is the both of us and he lets me drive his Mercedes whenever I need to. Yes, I feel guilty but can't seem to let anyone get behind the wheel of my Pcar. Happy Wife, Happy Life

Old 12-27-2007, 07:13 AM
AudiOn19s is on a distinguished road
This thread is a hoot. I realize everyone's different about their cars, but my wife drives the 996 more than I do. Drives it to work, drives it on the track, drives it to the grocery store....if she's not driving the p-car she drives the M3 which is similarly modified. She despises having to drive the A4.

I find myself driving the A4 most days because I find it frustrating to sit in rush hour traffic with the other cars. There's no entertainment value in hoping to catch an exit ramp or fun curve only for it to always be filled with commuters driving rediculously slow. I'd much rather sit back and enjoy a nice stereo system than be frustrated becuase traffic isn't going to break 40mph during my commute.

Oh...and my 996 is extremely low and has 900lb rear springs....no complaints on her end.

**Funny story to add. We bought the 996 and had it shipped from out of state. The day it show'd up the shipping company pulled it off of the trailor and into the drive. While I was finishing up the paperwork she hopped in the car and took off. Brought it back 10 minutes later and gave her approval of my purchase!

Andy

Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
hahha. it's only a car. if she know how to drive manual. then let her drive it.
i let friends drive my car. no biggie.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 AM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
My wife drives all the cars. She has some track/autocross time so that makes a big difference. I would highly recomend it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are the girlfriend of wife allowed to drive the porsche?