996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite muffler mod?
Agency Power
5.13%
AWE Tuning
0%
B&B
2.56%
Fabspeed
28.21%
GHL
10.26%
Milltek
0%
M&K
7.69%
Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE)
28.21%
SuperSprint
0%
Tubi
17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Muffler Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Greg L. is on a distinguished road
GHL treated me well.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
I enjoy my cup exhaust but my neighbors dont..........

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM
John Romano is on a distinguished road
How loud are the M&K? They look interesting.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Big E is on a distinguished road
You definitely know that the mufflers are not stock. No one that has heard them on my 03 C4S has made any comments on how loud they are, just how good they sound. Ben at M&K can put more insulation or (what whatever it's called) if you want to make them a little more quiet. I love mine just they way they are. He was great to work with.

I just put a M&K 1 in 1 out on my 88 Targa today, and man does it run better.Already had a Steve Wong Chip in it and a Evo CAI in it. But the M&K exhaust made it really run a lot better.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
silversurfer22 is on a distinguished road
PSE cause it's stock.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Thegman is on a distinguished road
GHL all the way. Reasonable price, perfect fit, awesome sound!

Old 02-22-2008, 01:40 AM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
the best muffler is none well thats what im running atleast (custom 2.5" straight pipes) and i just cant get enough of it especially on these na engines...

Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Liv2Drive is on a distinguished road
I'm picking up a set of bypass pipes, and I happened to get a super fat hookup to try out Racing Dynamics new 996 mufflers. So I'll try out the RD's and see how they go and post up my impression on them. Knowing me though I'll probably end up with the bypass pipes becaue it does sound pretty wicked.

Highcard- Any loss of HP/TQ with bypass pipes from the resulting lower backpressure?

Last edited by Liv2Drive; 02-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:12 AM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Liv2Drive
I was enjoying the sound of my Agency Power mufflers until the guts of one of them disintegrated after 3k miles, now it rattles like mad during accelleration.
Not a good investment IMO. I do not drive my 996 that often, and when I do it is driven pretty hard. But, a quality muffler should not fall apart internally.

I'm picking up a set of bypass pipes, and I happened to get a super fat hookup to try out Racing Dynamics new 996 mufflers. So I'll try out the RD's and see how they go and post up my impression on them. Knowing me though I'll probably end up with the bypass pipes becaue it does sound pretty wicked.

Highcard- Any loss of HP/TQ with bypass pipes from the resulting lower backpressure?
im pretty sure im losing some torque on paper (technically) but not enough to bother me...nothing but good times here

post up a clip of the rd mufflers too if/when you get a chance! curious to hear those - TIA!

Last edited by HIGHcard; 02-22-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Liv2Drive is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HIGHcard
im pretty sure im losing some torque on paper (technically) but not enough to bother me...nothing but good times here

post up a clip of the rd mufflers too if/when you get a chance! curious to hear those - TIA!
kewl, thanks for the info. I guess the great sound makes up for a few less tq numbers.

i'm curious as well to see how the RD muflers will sound / perform. Will post clips after i put some miles on them and burn-in.
spoke to the engineering manager at RD for some time on the phone. Sounds (as usual) like they know their sh*t. And they are definitely NOT made in china.. lol.
I was told that they are just getting back into the pcar arena so we'll probably see more from RD in the near future.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:28 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Anyone have sound clips of any of these exhausts?

Old 02-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about you, but I find sound clips virtually useless unless you happen to have some really good speakers....but for a laptop, one system sounds just about the same as another. And insofar as concurrence goes, guys are all over the map on what they consider the best. The best is usually what they happen to have running on their car at any given momlent. Seriously....sound is so damn subjective that you really cant' get a good idea of what youre about to buy unless you find some guy that has the same car with the same system you're looking at.....or if you have a good desktop computer with a stereo sound setup.

If you do a search here and on Rennlist, you'll find sound clips already done...for me, since I'm running Europipe...go to the Europipe website and they have sound clips for all their different models......and by the way....the Europipe is the best sounding exhaust system of all. (That puts me in the same category as everyone else extolling the virtues of what they bought). The big thing to watch for regardless of make/model, is resonance and drone.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:58 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Europipe and Cargraphic are the best (if price is not an issue). Otherwise, go FabSpeed.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
vick57 is on a distinguished road
woohoo!!! got my car back from having turbowerx headers and fabspeed mufflers put on. it sounds sweet. with the windows up, cruising at 75-80 it's barely louder than stock; almost unnoticeable. but, get on the throttle and there's a nice deep growl. roll down the windows and wow: it sounds great off idle and just gets better as the revs go up.

also, have to say marc at turbowerx is the best. he explained everything he did in detail. he worked extra late last night so i could have the car this morning. gave me a great price for the headers and low labor rate. super knowledgeable, super nice guy. he has an 800HP 993 turbo that he built that is outrageous. i was drooling over that car the whole time i was at his place.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi, Alex here from Fabspeed Motorsport. I want to thank everyone who is using our systems and the great feedback we are getting everyday. Let your friends and other Porsche owners know about your experience and your satisfaction with the Fabspeed product. Please feel free to ask any product information questions you may have. You can contact me directly at Alex@Fabspeed.com

Thanks you,
Alex@Fabspeed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Muffler Poll