996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New key for the car.... Carrera GT style!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
flippin' sweet!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 PM
lilstan is on a distinguished road
I'm with jstrat85. Can I use it for the a 99'?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
porshaw is on a distinguished road
The 99 remote uses only one button and does not have the trunk lock unlock. You can use the new key remote but the trunk unlock/lock will not work.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
thats really cool! i like it a lot

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by porshaw
The 99 remote uses only one button and does not have the trunk lock unlock. You can use the new key remote but the trunk unlock/lock will not work.
I'm wondering since it's a 2 botton remote, will the bottons line up correctly?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
seeeu911 is on a distinguished road
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=413054

yes a 2 button key GT or 911 new style key head will fit a 99 single button key.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AsianImage
been there done that....but YES! It is a MUCH BETTER key than the one the car came with! I also like that the 911 lights up when pressed.

here is a pic...mine is the top key, middle is of course F car and the bottom one is a real GT3 key.

Great looking keyhead Big Irv.... Who installed it for you.....

Looks like a Kill Kenny fun-run table.... Actually the bottom one is a reat CGT right?

-Eli

Old 03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilstan
I'm wondering since it's a 2 botton remote, will the bottons line up correctly?
Yes, they will.....

The 911 key as noted in the first photo of this tread will not come with "guts" while the CGT keyhead will come with programable "guts".....

The CGT will cost a little more due to this fact....

I have had the CGT keyhead for a good 4-years now, with the same battery I might add.... Still ticking....

-Eli

Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
Here's an artical I wrote for Pcars, on the installation PHOTOS ATTACHED....

http://www.pcars.com/porsche_parts/tech_cgt_keyhead.php

=Eli

Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Dervish is on a distinguished road
Did mine last night. Got the key from Carnewal in the end as Suncoast never replied to emails.. (good customer service????!!!!)

Looks really good, slightly heavier than standard key but so much nicer. Easy transfer (10min) of parts but like OP said, be careful with the glass transmitter part. I stuck mine down with a little clear silicon, just to stop it moving around in the new key housing...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Does anyone have a part number for the 911 key head?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
porshaw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lilstan
Does anyone have a part number for the 911 key head?
For the 911 key head 000 044 000 83. Not sure for the gt3 key head

Old 03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
wow, so nice!

Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dervish
Did mine last night. Got the key from Carnewal in the end as Suncoast never replied to emails.. (good customer service????!!!!)

Looks really good, slightly heavier than standard key but so much nicer. Easy transfer (10min) of parts but like OP said, be careful with the glass transmitter part. I stuck mine down with a little clear silicon, just to stop it moving around in the new key housing...
Y'all really need to use Sunset Porsche in Oregon. They're always on-time, on-point. PhilCoy@sunsetimports.com

Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
dangerrally is on a distinguished road

Speaking of keys...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New key for the car.... Carrera GT style!