996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

James Bond's Style Hidden Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
G3mballa is on a distinguished road
Wooow , Cool

Old 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
NOBY is infamous around these partsNOBY is infamous around these partsNOBY is infamous around these parts
Has no one figured out where this dude in the video got his from? hmm

Old 03-13-2008, 04:43 PM
djhill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by daytrader
How's this for front license plate mod.

http://www.robs427.com/movies/Produce_0.wmv
not sure why, put I want one.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:11 PM
GTI ED is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone!

I just want to let you all know that the show n go license plate transport is universal it will fit all vehicles. I'm not here to sell on this forum just to answer questions. The remote control is pretty cool it's has a two button key fob that allows to remotely slide the plate in and out (It's still under development). I will be posting soon on youtube a video that I took at the SEMA Show.

Eddie

Old 03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Fast997S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTI ED
Hello everyone!

I just want to let you all know that the show n go license plate transport is universal it will fit all vehicles. I'm not here to sell on this forum just to answer questions. The remote control is pretty cool it's has a two button key fob that allows to remotely slide the plate in and out (It's still under development). I will be posting soon on youtube a video that I took at the SEMA Show.

Eddie
Any idea when it will be out?

Old 03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for stopping in. Hope you get it out soon, it's a great idea!

Why not sign up as a sponsor here or work through one of the current sponsors and get a group buy going for us 6speeders?

PS- any way to hardwire the up/down so it would hide when car is running and display when car is off? I always get parking tickets for no front plate from the meter maids, blows.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 03-22-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:20 AM
marksk1 is on a distinguished road
Jesus I want this!!! But the ones in the links posted above are still pretty visible from a normal standing point of view.

Ive gotten a few hundred in no front plate tickets over the 1.5 yrs with my car. In Chicago its $50, and I get them all the time by work. For the time being I just zip-tie the plate to the lower grille while working.

Used fishing line one time, then lost it going 80 on the expressway..

Old 03-22-2008, 03:22 PM
GTI ED is on a distinguished road
Hey Thanks guys! as for right now the manufacture is predicting by the summer for the remote control. I'm going to inquirer about being a sponsor here soon. I worked all night editing the video I shoot at SEMA of the remote control Show n Go Plate transport hope you all like it.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=30807990

Eddie

Old 03-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Fast997S is on a distinguished road
Hey Thanks guys! as for right now the manufacture is predicting by the summer for the remote control. I'm going to inquirer about being a sponsor here soon. I worked all night editing the video I shoot at SEMA of the remote control Show n Go Plate transport hope you all like it.

Eddie
Can't wait for it to be released!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed

Old 03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie
Thanks Eddie- will be nice to have you on board as a sponsor, hope that works out.

If I may share my 2-cents worth.. I don't think the keyfob remote is a big value add. I personally wouldn't want to lug another remote and it's just one more thing to lose.

Now, if you could add in a hardwire switch option, activation from a 12v pulse etc that would be the ticket. Ideally would want it to display when ignition is off or alarm is armed, and retract when car is started or alarm is disarmed.

Could also put a hidden button under dash for a quick "display" if needed.

Again just my opinion- Great product.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:16 PM
kbliew is on a distinguished road
i want one too.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Yup...Get them ready dammit!! I have a few cars I will use these, Put me on the list

Old 03-23-2008, 02:28 PM
DaveMo will become famous soon enoughDaveMo will become famous soon enough
This would be great. Keep us posted as to when it is available. I also like the idea of having it switch activated from inside the car.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:46 PM
seeeu911 is on a distinguished road
+1 on the switch I would not use the fob great product love your effort and hard work.. keep us posted...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: James Bond's Style Hidden Front License Plate