996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Mod - THanks kirby

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
New Mod - THanks kirby

I actually did the mod a few weeks ago, but i've been lazy and havent taken a pic ...
enjoy

can u see the mod?

can u see it.

thanks kirby i used teh targa switch in my install i had to tap a diff. prong, it was different from your webpage, but thanks none theless, i didi want to use the female sockets so i hard wired it instead..

a few more pics of teh garage opener, wired to the targa switch

the targa switch and my ghetto install lol

another pic of my ghetto install lol

Old 07-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Joe, glad my DIY stuff was helpful. looks cool!

Old 07-08-2004, 03:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeps Kirby's the man.. He came over to my house a while back and we got the front gate and the garage door to open off of that one targe switch. Very cool and much less than spending 300 bucks on some contraption..

Old 07-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
Oh I would love to have that. How's about a hook up kirby?

Old 07-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I did the exact same thing on my C4S Cab when it arrived a couple months ago. Targa switches are scarce now though. But I have a source.

Old 07-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned
tuningwerks is on a distinguished road
This is great!

I have a gate and a garage, would it be an issue to wire both and have them send the signal at the same time (to avoid using another button) - the gate and garage are far enough apart where they wouldn't open at the same time....

Old 07-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The targa switch is a dual - click it one way for one opener, click it the other way for another one.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:00 PM
LVDell is on a distinguished road
Eric, does your "source" have the gloss finish (A02) targa switch?

Old 07-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by greyghost
Oh I would love to have that. How's about a hook up kirby?
Britt

It's a DIY...so easy I'm sure you can do it.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albur29

Old 07-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by tuningwerks
I have a gate and a garage, would it be an issue to wire both and have them send the signal at the same time (to avoid using another button) - the gate and garage are far enough apart where they wouldn't open at the same time....
If your gate and garage are far enough apart that is the easy way to do it. If I had to do Alex's again I would probably have done it that way since his gate/garage are far apart.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:56 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
thank you so much kirby for the DIY

i love it, also i was wondering how to make the light come up and where do i tap it off from? the only thing i havent done is try to figure out where the power for the light will come..

it was an easy diy, the thing that took so long for me is tryingto figure out what prong off the targa switch to use after figuring it out and & soldering the wire on the prong it was easy as 1...2....3, i would have used a connector but i was lazy and decided to solder the wires instead..

Old 07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Joe,

Soldering is harder than using a connector!!!!

At for lighting it up...Looking at where you installed the switch I would say the best way is to tap into one of the switches above. The two outer prongs are for the lights. Just makes sure you match the left w/left and right w/right or it won't work.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:19 AM
hahaha, i know but when i first used the connectors the wires would pull out when i tugged tehm a alittle, i got irritated and decided to solder them instead.. it's not the best looking soldering job in the world but it works..

thanks for the heads up on the lights... i will do it soon hopefully if i dont get lazy lol thanks again for all your help

great DIY again, best 80 buxs i spent so far, ( new garage controller, new targa switch, wires and stuff ) lol ..

better than the shark works i would say i wouldnt spend 300 buxs for it ...

Old 07-09-2004, 03:48 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Where was the sender unit located and how did you fasten it so no rattles?

Old 07-09-2004, 03:51 AM
Former Vendor
My sender is encased in plastic and buried behind the battery up front. Easy, no problems with blocked signal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mod - THanks kirby