996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dirty-D
and that's still not a reason to scream SCAM ARTIST and drag someones name, and company, through the mud.
jump to conclusions much?
Not sure its jumping to conclusions if you are short 4k and have not had a single response from the person in question for a month is not in my books jumping to conclusions. How hard is an email or picking up the phone?

Thanks for the heads up. I really hope it works out for you.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:31 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
and that's still not a reason to scream SCAM ARTIST and drag someones name, and company, through the mud.
Sounds to me like he has plenty of right to complain loudly, and the situation does have an air of scam about it. Do you work for JIC or something??

Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
for that kind of money and no response, i'd say the same thing!

Old 06-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Just picked up on this thread,

The owner of JIC was next door over the past couple of weeks getting some attention for one of his vehicles. He is a Porsche 997TT guy with some heavy mods, but I'm sure he's a pretty reputable guy, they just dropped off 5-sets last week so I'm sure there isn't any issues.

If I see him this week I'll be sure to bring this thread to his attention.

-Eli

Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Mitchell Sack is on a distinguished road
call jic. 562.803.6122

Old 06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Mitchell Sack is on a distinguished road
i just tried the number, it works.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned
LA TECH is on a distinguished road
I don't know if this is the same Paul I know, but I have ordered from a Paul who worked at JIC and dropped off some coilovers at my shop. The Paul I met seemed to be a straight forward person. I hope you get this problem resolved.
If this indeed is a scam you have up to 90 days to refuse the charge. If the transaction is tied into a VISA or Mastercard you have a very good chance of getting back your money due to the fact that they stand strongly by the side of the consumer. If this was done with an AMEX card you still have a chance it's just not as good. Good luck.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:50 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this issue still ongoing? Whats up OP- let us know.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I had the chance to speak with "the owner" of JIC USA yesterday and the day before. We did cover this issue and he made mention that this "no longer employeed" person Paul was terminated. The owner mentioned that he found out that he had continued to used his "former" position to try to extract sales and take personal payouts for equipment. He indicated that the money was never entered into the JIC Majic account and that Paul was using his personal account to have customers pay for products which were obviously never intended to be shipped.

The owner did indicate that he has made an attempt to contact the thread starter but understands his busy schedule. He did indicate he would make efforts in order to help you get what you need but I can't speak for him.

I can tell you that we sell his products and will be happy to assist anyone who is interested in a secure deal. . . . Product Liability Insured for your safety.

Good Luck and please PM me if you'd like more contact information.

=Eli

Old 06-22-2008, 03:03 AM
davyr6 is on a distinguished road
so in other words he s screwed and this paul guy should be in jail?
JIC should have his record,adress and such as a his former boss
send the police to him or pay him a visit with some friends ;-)

Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wowowowow!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:43 AM
MagnusB is on a distinguished road
Update

After a long "interlude" I finally got a call from Paul.
He was going to ship the coilovers last week.
Then I heard nothing for a couple of days but got hold of him last Friday.
He promised that he or a friend of his would ship on Monday. If that doesn't happen it' time for the Police.
I do hope Paul realizes the seriousness of what he is doing.
I know he is traveling a lot, busy with his new job but that's not a very good excuse.

The description made by FastForwardwheels is 100% correct.
jic-magic has done nothing wrong.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
BostonC4S is on a distinguished road
He or "his friend" need to provide you with a tracking # on Monday; otherwise time to engage the police. Also, do you know who is new employer is? I'm sure they might want to know about his "extracurricular activity". Good luck, hope it gets resolved next week.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
MagnusB is on a distinguished road
I just got a tracking number:

Tracking Company: UPS
Tracking Number: 1Z199ET90397989713

Tracking Number: 1Z 199 ET9 03 9798 971 3 Type: Package Status: Billing Information Received Shipped To: DANVILLE, CA, US Shipped/Billed On: 06/21/2008 Service: GROUND Weight: 65.00 Lbs

Old 06-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
WHOA!! That was a close one seems like the bullet was dodged, you are going to end up with the coilovers but wow, this guy seems like a piece of work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paul Toby is a scam artist, don't buy from him