6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   where do you guys usually park your babies? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/134707-where-do-you-guys-usually-park-your-babies.html)

hatr 06-21-2008 07:21 PM

where do you guys usually park your babies?

Say, in a shopping center parking lot, do you park as close as you can or as far away as you can? I could not imagine parking one of these gorgeous machines anywhere near some Joe Blow that doesn't give a rat's a** about his or anyone else's car.

Also , the 996 looks kind of wide so I would imagine door dings might be a problem. There are just so many haters out there (I'm not one despite the SN). I would be completely OCD about where I park my 996, if I ever get one :D. Hell, I'm particular where I park my a4 every time I park.

NOLA911 06-21-2008 07:51 PM

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...an/parking.jpg

Yup thats me, the spec in the waaaaaay back.. 75 feet from anthing

iJeremy 06-21-2008 07:52 PM

I park in the closest spot possible, but then again I'm lazy.

valmeida 06-21-2008 08:11 PM

as far away as possible

JonC4S 06-21-2008 08:11 PM

WAY out there somewhere. If shopping at a mall I go early and get some spot in a back corner. Usually there are some spots where you can go over one of the markers to make it even bigger . . .

hatr 06-21-2008 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by JonC4S (Post 1913915)
WAY out there somewhere. If shopping at a mall I go early and get some spot in a back corner. Usually there are some spots where you can go over one of the markers to make it even bigger . . .

Ah yes, my favorite spot on the end. Where you can get the car well into the stripes and have no one on one side of your car. Best spot in the lot.

I work at a hotel in Vegas so I know not to let valet guys park my car. You guys use valet? We recently had an AMG , I think it was a CL63, but I'm not sure, stolen right from the front of the valet. The owner walked away, the keys were left in the visor and off the thief went. Dude was slick.

Dante12 06-21-2008 10:16 PM

Yep, I park way back in east egypt. The nice thing is that with parking out that far - you always have 20 spaces to yourself. It's funny how lazy most folks are - I can walk all the way up and still see the same person circling the lot for that front row space :)

ruthless 06-21-2008 10:49 PM

sideways in the handicap spot... and if that is taken, then way out back.

carbonissimo 06-22-2008 02:51 AM

How many times has anybody shoe-horned their baby into a perfect end spot, only to come out later and find that some *******/loser has parked their piece of **** over the line instead of anywhere else?

hilarious

Steve's 996 06-22-2008 09:59 AM

Parking

As far away from anyone else. And if possible I prefer to parallel park whenever possible. Parking lots are a big "Avoid" for me.

Malakas 06-22-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by carbonissimo (Post 1914273)
How many times has anybody shoe-horned their baby into a perfect end spot, only to come out later and find that some *******/loser has parked their piece of **** over the line instead of anywhere else?

hilarious

This happens to me nearly every time. I find a money spot - far away from everyone else... park way over so that I have plenty of room, and a mini-van full of little soccer players could come out... then I come back to find the parking lot empty except a suburban parked about 4 inches from me.

Aggravating.

To be honest, my wife and I fight all the time about the fact I wont park near the door. hilarious

awcayenne 06-22-2008 10:28 AM

I take the minivan

BostonCarrera4S 06-22-2008 10:50 AM

I park as far away possible and usually in a spot where someone can park on one side of my car because no matter how far you park, some POS car always ends up next to it. 50 spots free in the area around me but they always decide to park right next to me. Frustrating every single time it happens.

SoCal996 06-22-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by carbonissimo (Post 1914273)

hilarious

Dude...my feelings exactly....I park my car way over the stripes on an end corner and when I come back, some A-Hole decides the extra room I left is PERFECT for them to use and leave me no room :mad:

phaphaphooey 06-22-2008 01:17 PM

i view the hike from egypt as good exercise but my wife often disagrees