996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

where do you guys usually park your babies?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:21 PM
hatr is on a distinguished road
where do you guys usually park your babies?

Say, in a shopping center parking lot, do you park as close as you can or as far away as you can? I could not imagine parking one of these gorgeous machines anywhere near some Joe Blow that doesn't give a rat's a** about his or anyone else's car.

Also , the 996 looks kind of wide so I would imagine door dings might be a problem. There are just so many haters out there (I'm not one despite the SN). I would be completely OCD about where I park my 996, if I ever get one . Hell, I'm particular where I park my a4 every time I park.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:51 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !

Yup thats me, the spec in the waaaaaay back.. 75 feet from anthing

Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
I park in the closest spot possible, but then again I'm lazy.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:11 PM
valmeida is on a distinguished road
as far away as possible

Old 06-21-2008, 08:11 PM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
WAY out there somewhere. If shopping at a mall I go early and get some spot in a back corner. Usually there are some spots where you can go over one of the markers to make it even bigger . . .

Old 06-21-2008, 08:21 PM
hatr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JonC4S
WAY out there somewhere. If shopping at a mall I go early and get some spot in a back corner. Usually there are some spots where you can go over one of the markers to make it even bigger . . .

Ah yes, my favorite spot on the end. Where you can get the car well into the stripes and have no one on one side of your car. Best spot in the lot.

I work at a hotel in Vegas so I know not to let valet guys park my car. You guys use valet? We recently had an AMG , I think it was a CL63, but I'm not sure, stolen right from the front of the valet. The owner walked away, the keys were left in the visor and off the thief went. Dude was slick.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Dante12 is on a distinguished road
Yep, I park way back in east egypt. The nice thing is that with parking out that far - you always have 20 spaces to yourself. It's funny how lazy most folks are - I can walk all the way up and still see the same person circling the lot for that front row space

Old 06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
ruthless is on a distinguished road
sideways in the handicap spot... and if that is taken, then way out back.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:51 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
How many times has anybody shoe-horned their baby into a perfect end spot, only to come out later and find that some *******/loser has parked their piece of **** over the line instead of anywhere else?

Old 06-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Parking

As far away from anyone else. And if possible I prefer to parallel park whenever possible. Parking lots are a big "Avoid" for me.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Malakas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carbonissimo
How many times has anybody shoe-horned their baby into a perfect end spot, only to come out later and find that some *******/loser has parked their piece of **** over the line instead of anywhere else?

This happens to me nearly every time. I find a money spot - far away from everyone else... park way over so that I have plenty of room, and a mini-van full of little soccer players could come out... then I come back to find the parking lot empty except a suburban parked about 4 inches from me.

Aggravating.

To be honest, my wife and I fight all the time about the fact I wont park near the door.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:28 AM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
I take the minivan

Old 06-22-2008, 10:50 AM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
I park as far away possible and usually in a spot where someone can park on one side of my car because no matter how far you park, some POS car always ends up next to it. 50 spots free in the area around me but they always decide to park right next to me. Frustrating every single time it happens.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:07 PM
SoCal996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carbonissimo

Dude...my feelings exactly....I park my car way over the stripes on an end corner and when I come back, some A-Hole decides the extra room I left is PERFECT for them to use and leave me no room

Old 06-22-2008, 01:17 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
i view the hike from egypt as good exercise but my wife often disagrees

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: where do you guys usually park your babies?