996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Carrbon Center Console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Yes it is, you WILL have a problem,its not if but when, I am on my fouth 996 and all of them had Carbon and all had problems.Why don't you look at all the complaints out there..... I will say it again The OEM Carbon is GARBAGE.

Are you ****ing serious?? If I wanted yellow Carbon I would have ordered it in yellow.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
it's not as bad as people are making it sound like. typical internet hypification

Last edited by kilrgt; 06-23-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
You are right. My center console was OEM carbon and it turned yellow. See the pics here.

It's hideous! LOL!!

joel

Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
You are right. My center console was OEM carbon and it turned yellow. See the pics here.

It's hideous! LOL!!

joel

That's really bad. You need to return that and get yourself another one.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and I got the carbon armrest/center lid and the little part behind in real carbon.... (no kidding this time)
Awesome!

I'm waiting for my OEM door lids and pulls in carbon to take new pics.
joel

Old 06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Oh, and I got the carbon armrest/center lid and the little part behind in real carbon.... (no kidding this time)
Awesome!

I'm waiting for my OEM door lids and pulls in carbon to take new pics.
joel

Here's mine.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kilrgt
Yes it is, you WILL have a problem,its not if but when, I am on my fouth 996 and all of them had Carbon and all had problems.Why don't you look at all the complaints out there..... I will say it again The OEM Carbon is GARBAGE.

Are you ****ing serious?? If I wanted yellow Carbon I would have ordered it in yellow.
at ease fella... my oem cf looks sweet period.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:39 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Ben you are lucky thus far.....Do you honestly think its OK for someone to spend this kind of $$$ on a car and the Carbon is either: yellow,cracked,faded, separated or laminated? You cant be serious.....You will have problems and when you do, I will then tell you its OK its only a little yellowing.I am happy that yours looks sweet....For now

Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned
you can wish me all the yellowing, cracking or whatever of my CF, that it's inevitable just like any of us can tell you good luck with the RMS/IMS engine failure kablooey if you're on the original engine.

see how silly that sounds? hype hype hype

Old 06-24-2008, 12:42 AM
I have a Turbo.....We don't get those RMS leaks...wait you do ,you have a Non turbo car...I don't wish it on you unfortunately its inevitable, and I know how much that would **** you off and when does. I hope you remember its only a little yellowing.When I did have a non Turbo car I did have 4 RMS leaks.....Yea its real hype.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Carbon Fiber Console

Thanks for all your input on the console. I also have factory yellowing carbon, a huge disappointment at the amount they charge. I will call MA.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I can tell nothing bothers Mr. Choi. If his car breaks down the next day for no reason, it's still hype...hype...hype.

rooks1556......let us know what MA says about the yellowing.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I have a Turbo.....We don't get those RMS leaks...wait you do ,you have a Non turbo car...I don't wish it on you unfortunately its inevitable, and I know how much that would **** you off and when does. I hope you remember its only a little yellowing.When I did have a non Turbo car I did have 4 RMS leaks.....Yea its real hype.
and yes those turbos have those nasty 2nd gear tranny pop issues... and i don't get these RMS leaks or a real threat for IMS bending because... i bought a carrera with a remanufactured engine straight from porsche.

if it's a little yellowing, live with it. there is no such thing as perfection in the car world. it's full of compromises. mashaw cf im sure is just fine and dandy. i'm not against them and neither am i against factory cf interior pieces.

u guys must live life staring at nonfunctional cf looking for color shade changes... life is... good. a bit provincial, myopic, but that's a blessing in diguise in some ways ain't it?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
and yes those turbos have those nasty 2nd gear tranny pop issues... and i don't get these RMS leaks or a real threat for IMS bending because... i bought a carrera with a remanufactured engine straight from porsche.

if it's a little yellowing, live with it. there is no such thing as perfection in the car world. it's full of compromises. mashaw cf im sure is just fine and dandy. i'm not against them and neither am i against factory cf interior pieces.

u guys must live life staring at nonfunctional cf looking for color shade changes... life is... good. a bit provincial, myopic, but that's a blessing in diguise in some ways ain't it?
You should start your own meditation or yoga practice.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned
i'd love to be able to do the splits again

Old 06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
i'd love to be able to do the splits again

you should because you have to be the chosen one with your Phil Jackson mentality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrbon Center Console