996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Carrbon Center Console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
does anyone have pics of Carrera GT CF body parts yellowing?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
^ it's happened. VR_Alex had his yellow and after buying something like 5 or more Porsche's the company wouldn't do anything about it.

Superfly as well i think had his yellow.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
they all yellow a bit not just one dude's cgt

Old 06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
KelvinC will become famous soon enough
The full carbon interior on my car is about 9 years old now, and I wouldn't say that the carbon is noticeably "yellow" however it certainly isn't as black as a fresh 997 in the showroom. In fact, I actually just purchased a very well made MACarbon storage lid and the difference in color is not that significant.

I think more than the yellowing, I'd be more concerned with any cracking of the OEM pieces, as they have a tendency to do so on the steering wheel and defroster vents. Thankfully my CF is still ok, but after speaking to John at MACarbon, he gave a very simple yet convincing explanation about why their products tend to hold up a little better than OEM (something to do with the clearcoating process??).

Either way, I love my OEM pieces, but its really comforting to know that if anything needs to be replaced, there's a couple of really knowledgeable guys at MACarbon to help me out.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:50 PM
lilstan is on a distinguished road
I love MA carbon stuff. I've dealt with john a number of times and it gets better and better everytime. If you guys want to look at a side by side comparison, check out the link. You can clearly see the difference...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bon+fiber+door

Old 06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by KelvinC
The full carbon interior on my car is about 9 years old now, and I wouldn't say that the carbon is noticeably "yellow" however it certainly isn't as black as a fresh 997 in the showroom. In fact, I actually just purchased a very well made MACarbon storage lid and the difference in color is not that significant.

I think more than the yellowing, I'd be more concerned with any cracking of the OEM pieces, as they have a tendency to do so on the steering wheel and defroster vents. Thankfully my CF is still ok, but after speaking to John at MACarbon, he gave a very simple yet convincing explanation about why their products tend to hold up a little better than OEM (something to do with the clearcoating process??).

Either way, I love my OEM pieces, but its really comforting to know that if anything needs to be replaced, there's a couple of really knowledgeable guys at MACarbon to help me out.
bingo

Old 07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KelvinC

Thanks for the kind words Kelvin.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned
here are some pics of my custom yellow oem CF interior

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 07-06-2008 at 11:25 PM.