996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

MY TPC S/C dynowill others please post theirs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:21 AM
RoverRon is on a distinguished road
MY TPC S/C dynowill others please post theirs

I'm posting my before and after dyno runs from 6/25/04 & 7/14/04 i would love to compare mine to others. I'm going back to TPC to get tweaking of my S/C kit and to get some suspension work done lowering.
So far kit has worked pretty good a few glitches small ones.
water tank for 3rd radiator leaked after hard runs. i used teflon tape to fix.
cruise control hose needed a clamp kept slipping off.
the water temp now runs around the 0 in the 180 water temp gauge on 90 to 95 degree days
blower whine at full throttle is there at anything less than full throttle you can't tell its there but you do hear the blowoff valve from time to time.

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2004, 06:24 AM
here is a better scan

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2004, 06:51 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
alot of twitching in the SC dyno lines.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:46 AM
yes i needed plugs. i ended up getting my 30k service early. im going back in on tuesday for tweaking looking for more power and im going to try several different exausts to see if they make more power

Old 08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
Very nice post. I appreciate your willingness to share your data. These are the first numbers I have seen on the TPC Supercharger. Most every one around this board is using the Evo Supercharger.

I am very interested in your impressions of torque and power through the mid-band. My understanding is the TPC supercharger pulls harder at mid-band power level. The relatively flat torque curve is interesting.

Can you let us know more abut the kit? Was it complete? Any missing pieces? Any other leaks since the first day? Do you like the way it looks on your engine? If you don't mind sharing...cost?

Please post pics

I am very excited for you. 120+ HP gain is amazing. I am carefully considering my options before I Supercharge my C4S and want to ensure I hear from all of the products in the market.

Keep us posted!

Old 08-19-2004, 02:42 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
any 1/4 mile times after the install. curious to see what that extra HP actualy translates into.

Old 08-19-2004, 10:43 AM
as far as leak there really wasn't one. it was fill plug that could have been teflon taped to keep it from dripping. everything was in the kit. was far as torq and hp i think the roots type blower in very managable and hidden. the intercooler stays very cold not cool but cold. its not even near engine temp i think thats part of the gain cold air intake is helping make more power. they dont reprogram the computer the piggy back it so it will pass our smog check. and only 2 check engine lights one at 150 and one at 200 after install.