996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Help with hood & cd changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 08:54 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Help with hood & cd changer

For some reason the CD changer in my 996 stopped working a couple weeks ago. I thought maybe the disc was stuck or something, but when I push the button for the changer to pop out, there's no response at all, so I'm guessing it's a fuse? Has anyone had this problem before?

Also, a few days after that, my hood didn't want to open anymore! I've tried it with the button on the key & the button next to the seat, & it just makes the little clicking noise, but I can't get it open. I already tried pushing the little lever with a screwdriver, but it won't open.

Can anyone tell me how to fix either of these problems? Or does my P-Car just hate me? lol.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:02 AM
b-man will become famous soon enough
I had the exact same problem. I paid someone to remove the CD holder and I haven't used it since. I have no idea what they did but I miss listening to CD's.

b-man

Old 12-27-2008, 04:19 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not the ONLY one with that problem, lol... But I still need help to know what the problem is & how to fix it... Anyone??