996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:34 AM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
Another great reason to ALWAYS open the door for a woman.
after all car is easier to repair than a relationship...
Word!

In anycase, whenever possible I park as far away from curbs or other cars. A little exercise never hurts. I'm also glad she appreciates the condition of her car for the most part so I hope she'll be careful with mine.

Old 09-24-2004, 06:44 AM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
I didn't scream at my gf but more just out of pain...I wasn't mad at her since she usually is really careful with my car... The sound of the scrape was unbearable and lasted a second too long. Luckily the scratch is underneath the door so you can't see it...

Oh well... time to bust out the touch up...

Old 09-24-2004, 08:08 AM
keoni1978 is on a distinguished road
you must let them know how much you care about your car!! I guess I'm lucky enough that my GFs very understanding and exteremely careful when shes in/around my car. If you tell them enough, they'll catch on (I hope)

Old 09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
If we all had girlfriends like RobynC, we would not even have to worry or think about it.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Where I like and da' way I roll... sheeeeaaat, da ladies be frickin' opening dem doorz for me everytime yo. I don't open my own dorz.

Old 09-24-2004, 05:57 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool Re: How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?

Originally posted by Curves4S
Did i overreact? [/B]
Depends on the Girl!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Nova87 is on a distinguished road
I've owned my car now for a little over a year and I can say that when I first got it I was ultra careful and any little nick or scratch caused a great deal of pain. Then like others I started using it as my DD and I realized two things: 1) it was pointless to worry about racking up mileage and getting nicks and scratches and 2) its just a car, a very nice one, but still just a car. It occasionally has cheerios or other snack foods from my back seat inhabitant who is now five. I take care of it as best I can but there are bigger things to worry about.

In another year or so I'll probably get it re painted and the same thing will happen all over again.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:07 PM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Turbo Ron
If we all had girlfriends like RobynC, we would not even have to worry or think about it.
Not only not worry. She'll even Rejex the car for ya

Robyn, have you cleaned the engine yet? Can you even find the oil filler cap underneath all that dirt and dust?

Old 09-24-2004, 11:13 PM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by sharkster
Where I like and da' way I roll... sheeeeaaat, da ladies be frickin' opening dem doorz for me everytime yo. I don't open my own dorz.
Don't believe what this sharky dude is saying. He's British. He speaks with a STIFF upper lip. He says "caun't", not "can't". He uses impeccable vocabulary. He's a poser and he's lost in america. He's desperate for some ghetto love.

Sorry, I had to expose ya

Old 09-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by collin996tt
Robyn, have you cleaned the engine yet? Can you even find the oil filler cap underneath all that dirt and dust?
C'mon Collin....it's not that bad....well....Hmmm...

Old 09-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy What a drag. . .

My biggest gripe is when they drag their foot out of the car.... This can really hurt the kit in time.....

-Eli

Old 09-25-2004, 02:33 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Itzkirb
C'mon Collin....it's not that bad....well....Hmmm...

Hell...why clean it when every few months I get a new one??

I'd rather be driving the heck out of her anyway!

And I'm not so special, I'm just as high maintenance and expensive as the next girl.

Old 09-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by RobynC
And I'm not so special
Oh yes you are. You are the ONLY person (male OR female) I know with a supercharged Speed Yellow cellphone.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:36 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Oh yes you are. You are the ONLY person (male OR female) I know with a supercharged Speed Yellow cellphone.
I stand absolutely 100% corrected!

Old 09-25-2004, 05:21 AM
rerun9999 is on a distinguished road
It is all about attitude.

If it's by accident as was the case with the first poster, then I'd let it go. If she said "it's just a car" as in the other case I'd be pissed- at least have respect for someone else's belongings, car or otherwise. That says a lot about someone's character.

I'm lucky, my wife is almost as OCD as I am with the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?