996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?

My heart skipped a beat the other day when i pulled up to a metered curb in Westwood... My girlfriend opened the door and the bottom part of it scratched on an elevated slab of sidewalk (tree roots pushed it up).. I screamed out in pain when i heard it... and then fell into a momentary state of depression...

Did i overreact?

Old 09-23-2004, 08:16 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I used to flip out when things happened to my car (whether it was done by me or someone else), but my car is a daily drive and if I flipped over every rock chip or scratch I would have a stroke!!!! I have learned to just let it go (as long as its not major). It can always be fixed!!!
Evan

Old 09-23-2004, 08:25 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
If it was an accident than OK. Go visit your local bodyshop. If it is carelessness, and that is typical of your gf then you didn't over react. I'd hate to say it but MOST women don't have the passion for cars like we do. That being said we don't have the passion for jewelery or clothing like they do. Either way your car is scratched, just get it fixed.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:28 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
If you drive your car it WILL get dinged/scratched/dirty. It sucks but it can be fixed.

Old 09-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
Everything can be repaired but that doesn't lessen the pain on initial impact!

Old 09-23-2004, 09:56 PM
alamein is on a distinguished road
my girlfriend knows how much I care about my car and is ultra-careful around it ... still accidents happen, she would blame me for parking in a bad spot

Old 09-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Re: How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?

Originally posted by Curves4S

Did i overreact?
Absolutely not. Over reacting would have been to close the door and leave her standing on the sidewalk....

Been there, done that.

Old 09-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
I can understand how bummed you were. And the good part is that it can be repaired. Warn her next time of the possibility of hitting the curb with the door and to be careful. Or, better yet, get the door for her. Let her know that it's a high curb and say "honey, let me get the door for you."

Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Dr. T will become famous soon enough
Another great reason to ALWAYS open the door for a woman.
Tell us, how did she react to your reaction?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:31 PM
alrova is on a distinguished road
I can see your pain, my car is a daily drive too and I am always running away from trouble. The best thing is to think for both, make sure that she is not going to hit anything, let her get out of the car before you park, etc, etc. They will not take care of the care as well as you do. Also any damage can be repaired.

A

Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 AM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
one time a friend of mine bought a nice ferrari 360 and then i fixed him up on a

double date. later that evening, me and my friend went to check his car and the girls followed us like we were hiding something.
when they saw the car, one of the girls was like let me see it let me see it, she goes to the drivers side, opens the door really fast, so fast that it almost hit the wall, and when my friend told her, Hey, easy with the door,
she replied, so what, it's just a car. I was on flames also since i don't appreciate such remark. She later asked who makes that car?
to make the story short, double date ended about 15 minutes later.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:43 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
pimp slap?

Old 09-24-2004, 03:52 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Last Saturday I had a friend of mine with me and when she got out of the car she went to shut the door by pushing on the window. I asked her not to do that... For the rest of the weekend everytime she got out of the car she would hesitate closing the door long enough that I would look over to see what was taking for long... Just so I would see that she was closing it properly.... Yeah.. she is a kind of a smart ***...

So see women can learn

Old 09-24-2004, 04:53 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
i wouldn't care...^_^...
after all car is easier to repair than a relationship...

Old 09-24-2004, 05:04 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Reminds me of something that happened 10 years ago while in college. I just got a brand new BMW 325is (2door, red, black leather, 5 speed, sport package)... I loved that car. My new at the time GF opened a bottle of Coke which then sprayed all over the interior. Rather than making the cap tight to stem the flow she tossed it into my lap. This was while driving down I40 on the way to meet her folks for the first time. Talk about having to bite ones tongue. I should have known we were doomed at that point.

Anywho, to get back on topic (sorta)... I open the door for her to make sure that nothing like that happens. Its easier to be a gentleman than to have to fix the car or the relationship.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you react when your girl scratches the Porsche?