996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AERO996
"All Clear" (shown on first page NOT installed)

"Smoked & Clear" (Dark Red lights shown on White Test car you mentioned)

Do you have "Red & Clear?" (Any pics? Are these closer to OEM Taillight Red?)
We have not received a red/clear light. It's on the boat over and we hope it clears customs and in our possession by the end of the week.

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that looks awesome. I will wait to see how the red/clear looks in real life... but so far the smoked+clear is incredible. You are gonna hit 10 pages in a week and a gazillion of orders... people have been waiting for this... for 10 years!
joel

Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Wow, that looks awesome. I will wait to see how the red/clear looks in real life... but so far the smoked+clear is incredible. You are gonna hit 10 pages in a week and a gazillion of orders... people have been waiting for this... for 10 years!
joel
Thanks for the excitement and optimism Joel I know one lingering issue is the warranty policy so I'll be sure to address that before I start the GB. The smoked clear does look really good...it doesn't look cheap like other LED tailights for other vehicles. I'm anxious to see the red/clear myself

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
996_c2 is on a distinguished road
Let me know when the GB is ready. I definately wanna get my name on that list!

Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
valmeida is on a distinguished road
count me in.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
BigDaddy will become famous soon enoughBigDaddy will become famous soon enough
Edwin

for me they look also really good. A friend of me is in the USA for the next two weeks and he could bring me those tails back home. Let me know when they willl be ready to ship. Is credit card payment ok for you? i could pay also with paypal but then i have to pay that extra charge.

Greetz from Hamburg !!

ps. i introduced your thread in a german Porsche Forum and like usual iam goin to be the first guy overseas who will test something from the US. Did so with the IPD Plenum too !!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Edwin

for me they look also really good. A friend of me is in the USA for the next two weeks and he could bring me those tails back home. Let me know when they willl be ready to ship. Is credit card payment ok for you? i could pay also with paypal but then i have to pay that extra charge.

Greetz from Hamburg !!

ps. i introduced your thread in a german Porsche Forum and like usual iam goin to be the first guy overseas who will test something from the US. Did so with the IPD Plenum too !!
No problem. I am really hoping that it clears customs this week. I would expect with the general slowdown in the economy, import volume would be lower than normal so hopefully they'll clear it soon.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to process credit cards.

Let me know how our german porsche brethrens respond to the lights

PM Sent

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 PM
erubin will become famous soon enough
So if you can't process credit cards and you charge extra for paypal what other payment options are available?

Old 03-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by erubin
So if you can't process credit cards and you charge extra for paypal what other payment options are available?
Check/money order/wire transfer is fine. Pretty much any form of payment.

In regards to paypal fees, I'm only passing through what paypal charges me (2.9%)

Thanks

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Jacaba is on a distinguished road
Great looking! Are these lights the "exact" measurement/install as the OEM lights?

Old 03-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Jacaba
Great looking! Are these lights the "exact" measurement/install as the OEM lights?

Yes, they fit great! OrangeC2 can comment on that!

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
dwayne, i listed myself as interested but i've a turbo. let us know when you obtain lights for the wide bodies.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Jacaba is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the information. Will these fit C4S/Turbos? I'm interested as well. Will these perform the rear fog light function? Where's your location?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by shonuf
dwayne, i listed myself as interested but i've a turbo. let us know when you obtain lights for the wide bodies.
Originally Posted by Jacaba
Thanks for the information. Will these fit C4S/Turbos? I'm interested as well. Will these perform the rear fog light function? Where's your location?

These are for the nb applications only for now. Thanks

Edwin

Old 03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
this is what i want but led version. it has a light smoke and then its red.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?