996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche 996 - Laser Diffuser/Jammer Installation - DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:58 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
There is an extra wiring harness behind the radio that has something to do with a cell phone I think. You can tap into that for power.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
You want the brown wire from the "empty" plug. That was designed for a phone, but is unused in most vehicles.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
I installed a jammer in my BMW using the 3M tape that came with the kit (so not sure on exactly what type it is, just 3M). The heads have stayed mounted quite well over the past month. I did about 900 miles on the hwy at speed up to 90 (still had snows on) and one car wash (by hand). I've got a problem with the power connection to the control unit, so I can't report on effectiveness of the unit. I'll sort that out before my next road trip.

I will probably do the 996 install in the next 2-3 weeks.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:27 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
For those of you who did this install in a 996, where did you install the kill switch?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deckman
There is an extra wiring harness behind the radio that has something to do with a cell phone I think. You can tap into that for power.
Originally Posted by mathism
You want the brown wire from the "empty" plug. That was designed for a phone, but is unused in most vehicles.
Thanks guys!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I had my first Laser save today! I was heading into DC on the GW Parkway going about 15 over the PSL. The warning sounded, I stomped on the brakes and hit the kill switch. Then I just drove on by. Sweet!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm yet to have an opportunity to find out if this thing really works...

Old 07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
123packman is on a distinguished road
this may be a silly question but i dont know what this laser thing is about, what is it and what does it do? any info would be great thanks

Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Laser jammer - jams the laser gun used by the police to check your speed. I'm pretty sure they are illegal in the UK.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 AM
BTW - I did the install on my 996 using the 3M tape. So far, they are still in place. I've had them on for about a month. During that time, I've put on almost 2000 miles driving to CO and back. I spent a long stretch at 100mph and topped out at 150. Along with the car washes, they are still intact.
However, I've not had any laser hits to see if they actually work.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:28 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
anyone got updates im picking up my 996 TT this weekend and im going to be getting a laser jammer installed

Old 08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
jarrod0073 is on a distinguished road
I love the 9500ci jammers I had installed, I think I have been hit about three times with a laser and yet to get pulled over. The radar reception seems to have an earlier warning than on the window units I have

Old 08-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Go to radardetector.net for more information than you will want to know on laser jammers. There are things you need to know about post installation as well as pre.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:43 AM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Thanks for the great info. I'm in the process of installing a quad Laser Interceptor in my 996TT, and your DIY instructions really are helping.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Good stuff.

A

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 - Laser Diffuser/Jammer Installation - DIY