996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Whats up with Porsche owners????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:02 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Whats up with Porsche owners????

I posted a request for help with good shops, especially in the bay area but good shops in general. I got one response ( thanks Robyn).
Pretty pitiful.
If I would have posted the same on other boards I frequent, Ferrari, Viper or BMW, I would have had a whole thread connecting to the request.
Please don't tell me that because I own a boxster(albeit 996 powered) that I am beneath other porshce owners.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Orient Express is on a distinguished road
Don't worry, you are not being snubbed. It seems that most Porsche owners here in the Bay area either take their cars to the local dealer or DIY repairs and maintenance.

There are many capable independent shops here in the bay, its just most 996/986 owners have other sources of repair.

Old 11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
When did you post this? I would have responded...might not have gotten many response since the board has been acting funny.

As for shops in the Bay Area

Carlsen Porsche and Akkurat are the best!

Old 11-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
You're welcome lil Boxster owner.... JUST KIDDING!! (I couldn't resist!) You know...sometimes we lose sight of things other than 19" wheels and body kits....don't fret. I'm sorry my response was so short...I was on the way out and wanted to ensure you got at least that bit of information. Seriously...consider Akkurat for your needs...they will know how to treat that beast of yours (I'm jealous...I so wanted that in my Boxster when I had her.).

There are some (lots really) terrific people on this board, very helpful and knowledgable...more of those folks than not. I love this place...it's helped me tons...(not to mention made my purse a LOT lighter!)

Old 11-24-2004, 10:50 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
I would have replied, But I live in St Louis, and know less about the Bay area shops than you do.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
msb2tg996 is on a distinguished road
i bring mine to a porsche mechanic who works for oakland porsche dealer, he does my car on the side, i can refer you to him if u want just drop me a pm.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:52 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
If you want technical or track advice you are better of posting on Rennlist or Renntech...I'll just leave it at that to avoid getting flamed.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:38 PM
LVDell is on a distinguished road
Several things:

1. Your request seems to not be found by most. When did you post it and under which forum (996, 986, ?)?

2. Your request is for a very narrow focus...the Bay area. Not everybody on this board is from there. Harder to get a flux of traffic.

3. Your Freudian instant gratification request is ridiculous. Your ego doesn't seem to be doing it's job of mediation between the real world and your id.

4. Most importantly, be patient. The users on this forum are here to help and exchange information (and of course display mods ) and help will not come switfly when you compain that they are not answering quickly enough.

As DOUG said, try posting at rennlist and renntech as well. Cover your bases to get the best mix of answers. I happen to know several people form the bay area that DO NOT frequent this board that are on the others.

Old 11-24-2004, 05:05 PM
1fast1 is on a distinguished road
I've had great luck with Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City. I've also heard great things about Akkurat and I'm planning on taking my car to them for it's next mod/maintenance.

Old 11-24-2004, 05:32 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
ditto lvdell and doug, chill

Old 11-24-2004, 07:24 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i'm a little confused. do you have a 996 engine in your boxster?

Old 11-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
John/Riverflyer is on many message boards. Same message on those boards. He is from Mendocino. I also have emails from him months ago for his top issue.

No clue what more info he expects here, since it has been asked and answered. A few times. Too many times in my opinion.

Old 11-25-2004, 12:02 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Hey, thanks for the responses. Being pretty new to Porshce ownership, I am just looking for some advice from "those who have gone before". I appreciate the feedback, and will proceed with these tips.
In regards to those who felt I was being to abrupt, maybe I should have introduced myself first and taken more time to build some relations here on the board. You are correct in my being impatient as I get very directed in modding once I know what a car needs to fill its potential for my particular needs. Not the first time I have been told about that patience word!!
Deputydog, yes 996 engine and brakes in boxster body. VEry very fun car weighing around 2600lbs.
Tool pants, yes, I am on multiple boards as I have and appreciate multiple car brands. Don't see the crime in that. What I expect is simple, to be able to engage other like minded enthusiasts in the exploration of particular cars, their attributes, deficiencies and some solutions therein. What I expect is to learn with others how to enjoy and share the passion we have in common for cars. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as too many questions, what is the limit here?

Old 11-25-2004, 07:26 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by riverflyer
Hey, thanks for the responses. Being pretty new to Porshce ownership, I am just looking for some advice from "those who have gone before". I appreciate the feedback, and will proceed with these tips.
In regards to those who felt I was being to abrupt, maybe I should have introduced myself first and taken more time to build some relations here on the board. You are correct in my being impatient as I get very directed in modding once I know what a car needs to fill its potential for my particular needs. Not the first time I have been told about that patience word!!
Deputydog, yes 996 engine and brakes in boxster body. VEry very fun car weighing around 2600lbs.
Tool pants, yes, I am on multiple boards as I have and appreciate multiple car brands. Don't see the crime in that. What I expect is simple, to be able to engage other like minded enthusiasts in the exploration of particular cars, their attributes, deficiencies and some solutions therein. What I expect is to learn with others how to enjoy and share the passion we have in common for cars. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as too many questions, what is the limit here?
Well, as Billy Bob Thornton would say in Sling Blade, "Well, arrrightden"

Old 11-25-2004, 09:42 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Do you have any pics on the install of that engine. I had a boxster before. I can't imagine how they shoe horned a 996 motor in it. Holy smokes. A 300+ HP motor in a mid engined boxster. That thing must rock. Was in a pain in the *** to convert? What was your total conversion cost if you don't mind me being nosy? Post some pics. You've got a 996, sort of

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats up with Porsche owners????