996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Painted a few more interior peices.....gaurds red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Painted a few more interior peices.....gaurds red

i already made a thread with some interior pieces, i went ahead and finished the vents ( i didnt do it before beacause i didnt really feel like taking apart the vents peices)

also did the trim pieces by the mirrors

had some time and did it ...really glad i did i think it finished off the look...sorry for the low quality pix, but you get the idea...

this is before i finished the whole vents and trim near the side mirrors

Old 03-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by my997turbo
I like it a lot, looks professionally done

thanx, ive had a lot of practice...now i think i can paint anything..its all about prep...

Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
YoVito is on a distinguished road
Have you painted the interior door handles? I find the original silver very cheap looking.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by YoVito
Have you painted the interior door handles? I find the original silver very cheap looking.

not yet..there on my list...problem is i havent tried removing them...looks like a PITA!! ...but if i get around to it, illbe sure to post pix of the process

Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
150shot is on a distinguished road
A red carbon steering wheel could top it off!!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Nicely done! Pretty much similar to what I had done to mine (but mine is in silver). My painted vents should be in transit by now.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by 150shot
A red carbon steering wheel could top it off!!

i want the F1 style paddle shift...with red sticthing , but there pricey

Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by jr1966
Nicely done! Pretty much similar to what I had done to mine (but mine is in silver). My painted vents should be in transit by now.

yah i orignally did mine in silver being that it was the easyiest color to do and find, and i couldnt find guards red spray paint....but found a website that had it and im glad i finished it , i orginally painted that red back in oct. but just finished the vents this week

Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
i want the F1 style paddle shift...with red sticthing , but there pricey

That looks very similar to this one I'm considering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1138wt_939

Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by jr1966
That looks very similar to this one I'm considering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1138wt_939

yah i want it cuz i have a tip..and i like the idea of the paddle shift...as for a manual there are alot more options espec if ur in the 1300-1500 price range

Old 03-05-2010, 06:39 PM
M3Armand is on a distinguished road
I think you now have to ditch the red leather on the steering wheel since it seriously clashes. But the paint job is really nice!

Old 03-06-2010, 02:11 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Omar,

Was it very difficult to remove all of the slats from the actual vent?

Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
thanx, ive had a lot of practice...now i think i can paint anything..its all about prep...
I'm looking to do mine in Arctic Silver... my paint and body guy says he can do it, but I'd like to take a shot at it myself (I suppose if I really screw up he can fix it)... but, what did you do for prep once you removed them from the car?

Thanks!
Rudy

Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by jmla
Omar,

Was it very difficult to remove all of the slats from the actual vent?
not at all it came off pretty easily once i got the hang of it ,,just make sure u leave them on the little connecting peice to keep them in order

Originally Posted by rudy1024
I'm looking to do mine in Arctic Silver... my paint and body guy says he can do it, but I'd like to take a shot at it myself (I suppose if I really screw up he can fix it)... but, what did you do for prep once you removed them from the car?

Thanks!
Rudy
just washed them sanded , primed , light sand ...paint light coats 3-5 then a few coats of clear....ppl rush when they paint,...just take ur time and it will look good

Old 03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Nice work...looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted a few more interior peices.....gaurds red