996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Painted headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CHAOS236
Very nice looking !
thanks..

Originally Posted by HxCforlife
I was thinking about doing something like this but only doing the bottom of the lights to make it look like the mkII lights.
I think that would look weird..

Originally Posted by my996
Obviously just my opinion but something just does not look right. It looks too fake with the 997 bumper and painted headlights. Maybe it looks better in person??? I complement your attempt at painting the headlights as I am not a big fan of these lights either and there is no cheap or easy resolution. Every time I think about them, I think what should I do to my own.
Everybody have their own opinion whether like it or not & I respect that.
I've never do like the 1st gen headlight so I decided to changed up a little..Plus I want to go with the 997 theme..I guess u could call it the cheap version.. Picture don't do justice..It look much better in person..IMO

Originally Posted by 911h20
very nice job.
thanks

Last edited by MkC2S; 07-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Airrik will become famous soon enoughAirrik will become famous soon enough
How are the lights did you make them weaker by painting the lensing. You blocked out some of the light by painting it right that is my only concern. Are the lights still bright at night?
Also what are some good light bulb replacements I already have lightronics but I want something brighter still any ideas?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 PM
dgallego is on a distinguished road
Looking good!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Airrik
How are the lights did you make them weaker by painting the lensing. You blocked out some of the light by painting it right that is my only concern. Are the lights still bright at night?
Also what are some good light bulb replacements I already have lightronics but I want something brighter still any ideas?
It just the outside surrounding that got painted so no blockages what so ever...it still shines the same...I don't know if there'a any bulbs that are brighter than the litronic..I maybe be wrong..beside the litronic is bright enough..IMO..maybe u just needs to replace the litronic bulbs..they get weak over times..U could also replace the parking lights w/some LED one..They should help brighten your headlights alittle..that's what I did.

Originally Posted by dgallego
Looking good!
thanks

Attached Images  
Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 AM
John L is on a distinguished road
looking good, really updates the front end and compliments your new bumber cover very well. Where did you buy the color match paint and how much did you need to complete the job.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
So it looks like you blocked the turn signals, is that the case? And if so what are you doing for turn signals on the front?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dharn55
So it looks like you blocked the turn signals, is that the case? And if so what are you doing for turn signals on the front?
Yes he blocked the "stock" turn signals but he's probably using the new 997 turn signals below. That's my guess...

Old 07-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
WOW those look great!!

Good job!
Thanks Psycho,
It look way better in person..

Originally Posted by John L
looking good, really updates the front end and compliments your new bumber cover very well. Where did you buy the color match paint and how much did you need to complete the job.
Thanks John,
it's my cheap version of the 997.....I got the paint from automotivetouchup.com...they did an excellent job at matching factory paint...very satisfy..cost about $20 for a spray can & well worth the $..
I use 1 can of primer & 2 can basecoat(1 & 1/2 should be plenty but I want the extra thickness) I told the bodyshop to spray extra clearcoat to prevent easy chipping.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dharn55
Originally Posted by alpine003
Yes he blocked the "stock" turn signals but he's probably using the new 997 turn signals below. That's my guess...
yes I block off the OEM signal...I re-routed the wire down to the 997 signal light...I want to make them functional rather than just a cover up fo the hole...here's a few pic...

Attached Images    
Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
That's when you know you've got a nice ride

Although it can be a little frustrating
she'll look nicer once I find new wheel..That's the frustrating part..

Old 07-17-2010, 12:47 PM
torch frc will become famous soon enough
I like it!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by torch frc
I like it!
thanks torch

Old 07-18-2010, 03:57 PM
bliggity will become famous soon enough
very nice!

Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by bliggity
very nice!
thanks dude...

Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Nice. I like the fact that the new turn signals work. That makes it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted headlights