996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Need help with possible wheel choices for 2004 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
RRaider911 is on a distinguished road
Need help with possible wheel choices for 2004 C4S

(Update - new rim shots end of thread)
Sorry if this is a repeat. I tried searching the old posts before adding this one, but could not find what I was looking for.

I recently purchased a black 2004 C4S and have decided to get some new wheels. I prefer to stay with 18", but may be open to 19". If I go with 19" are there problems with rubbing, alignment, etc.?

I'm a visual guy so if you have pictures that would be great (prefer direct side shots).

Also, what specs should I be looking at that would not require spacers and would not rub?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by RRaider911; 07-22-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Jacaba is on a distinguished road
Why Change?

I would stay with the 18" stock Turbo Twist rims. You have a beautiful 996 with a distinct OEM styling. Try not to "after market" it to death or you'll destroy the uniqueness/distinctiveness of this Porsche. However, if you're set to change the wheels . . . go with BBS Motorsport and nothing else.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:40 PM
davebho is on a distinguished road
if i had a black c4s

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...c4s-tires.html

I have a silver one, so black wheels would look wacky to me. It's been on there for a while, you could probably strike a deal with him.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

It is all about personal preference and also about how you drive your car.

I wanted mine to look different from stock.

I tried several sets before finding my perfect wheel in the Champion RG5's. The lightest, strongest 18"'s I could find. Most people want 19's for looks.

I had a set of absoutly beautiful RH Turbo P's in 19", but they were very heavy and I could tell a big difference in my cars handling when pushed hard. My traction control freaked out constantly.

I also tried a set of 18" BBS RS-GT's. Nice wheel but BBS's offsets suck for the the wide body fittment and they were too tucked in for my taste.

You just need the proper wide body fittment for each wheel design. Proper width and offset varies by wheel design.

Last edited by Brando; 07-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
GriffC4S will become famous soon enough
I suggest referring to the site wheelenhancement. com, the site is very helpful in helping you select rims. Unless you car is lowered, the 18s would look better than the 19s. 19s will generally give you a little rougher ride, due to less rubber on the road in comparison to the 18s.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. Sounds like 18"'s are the way to go. I have 20"'s on my 500SL and while they look great, they ride much rougher and wear on the tires much faster.

Here is a shot of the SL500

Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Hey Raider, my P. ride is the same as yours (except cab).
I've changed just about everything on mine (still have to put the "carrera 4S on the new decklid though) and it's now to my own personal taste.

Here's some pics with 997 turbo after-market rims (18") 5mm spacers in front (7mm rubbed) and 25mm in back.

I've customized all my rides but Porsche is by far the best ride to do it on!
That said whatever $ you spend is purely for your own pleasure cause you'll never see a penny of it back... but damn WHAT A RIDE!

Cheers,

Sid.

Attached Images      
Old 07-16-2010, 12:30 AM
150shot is on a distinguished road
Check out the official C4s thread. TONS of pics. I think the last 5 pages are exceptionally well and updated.

I dont mind a harsher ride at all. I always think as some do if I wanted a plush ride I would be in a Mercedes with huge 60 series tires...I also have my suspension setup for stiff! its a sports car to me and i want it to feel that way =)

Again personal preference on what your setup ends up.

Check out aeroforgedwheels.com- fly under the radar against alot of other companies but just as good. I'm partial to them ....PM me if youre serious! hint hint!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Just to add, it’s all about personal preference. I wanted my C4S to be unique from everyone else. Sure the car says a lot already but wanted to give it my personal touch. Just like shoes, suits, or watches, its all about what you like not what others say.

Like I've said before:

Friend don't let friends drive stock.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JayFunk
Just to add, it’s all about personal preference. I wanted my C4S to be unique from everyone else. Sure the car says a lot already but wanted to give it my personal touch. Just like shoes, suits, or watches, its all about what you like not what others say.

Like I've said before:

Friend don't let friends drive stock.

Dam, I see a bit of poke and stretch. What are the specs bro?

Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks to everyone for the input. I was really only looking to personalize the car a little (so far, mods may come later). Let me know what you think of the new rims.

Original

New (came from a 2010 Turbo)

Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM
itsphoenix is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RRaider911
Thanks to everyone for the input. I was really only looking to personalize the car a little (so far, mods may come later). Let me know what you think of the new rims.

Original

New (came from a 2010 Turbo)

I like it!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

SCHWEET!

Those look great!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Awesome!!!:d

Old 07-22-2010, 11:55 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
very nice...me likey too...wish I could pick out new rim as quick as u did..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help with possible wheel choices for 2004 C4S