996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Installed some RSS Upper Control Arms and Lower Toe Arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
giovanni is on a distinguished road
Looks real low.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Wicked 996 will become famous soon enoughWicked 996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kevganzon
Just to clarify...if suspension is quiet where does the noise you say come from? tires, exhaust?
Its just road noise - from low profile tires, stiffer suspension and the hard mounts (vs. rubber) on the dog bones (RSS).

Its not a squeak or squeal or anything like that. I hope that helps - hard to describe Sort of like when you put a mud tire on a truck you just get some more road noise.

Porsche tend to always have a little road noise - they are sports cars - it just gets a little bit more prevalent with what i've done but by no means not bearable. I mean at the end of the day its a sports car - if you want quiet buy a luxury car.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Wicked 996 will become famous soon enoughWicked 996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by giovanni
Looks real low.

It does - but its safe. I had a race shop set it up and corner weight it. Been running this setup for almost a year now. No issues, no rubbing, and very minimal scraping - only on my front chin spoiler on very steep driveways

Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Kevganzon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wicked 996
Its just road noise - from low profile tires, stiffer suspension and the hard mounts (vs. rubber) on the dog bones (RSS).

Its not a squeak or squeal or anything like that. I hope that helps - hard to describe Sort of like when you put a mud tire on a truck you just get some more road noise.

Porsche tend to always have a little road noise - they are sports cars - it just gets a little bit more prevalent with what i've done but by no means not bearable. I mean at the end of the day its a sports car - if you want quiet buy a luxury car.
ok that i can tolerate. I was just curious to know difference in noise between installing the dog bones vs. stock.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Kevganzon
ok that i can tolerate. I was just curious to know difference in noise between installing the dog bones vs. stock.

To be honest it wasnt much - I think the coil overs created more road noise than the RSS bars did

What I love about the RSS bars - besides proper alignment - is the rear end feels solid now = where before it felt loose (due to the rubber bushings). I am very happy with them!