996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Just installed headers

Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi Diablo360, glad the install went smoothly and it sounds like you have a pretty aggressive setup on it. The gaskets will work well and they give you a nice leak proof connection. Let us know how it sounds when its all done and if you need anything for it, like mufflers to tone it down a bit. I can give a nice member discount on the set.
thanks,

Old 02-07-2011, 10:12 AM
rad288 is on a distinguished road
Hi Alex,

I'm thinking of doing my exhaust along with a supercharger.... what would you reccommend? It'll be a daily driver so I don't want anything too crazy. It's an 2004 C4S

Old 02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Dr Kans is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a mean set-up!

If anyone out there likes the extra HP that can be gained, I sadly have to give up my custom 3" cross-over exhaust. Almost no back pressure as it is 3" straight to the cross-over then straight out the back. No CATS, no muffler just mean sound and lot's of extra power !
Sounds like the GT3 !
I have picture and video if you PM me

Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rad288
Hi Alex,

I'm thinking of doing my exhaust along with a supercharger.... what would you reccommend? It'll be a daily driver so I don't want anything too crazy. It's an 2004 C4S
Hey Rad288, I would go with our Sport cats and Maxflo Mufflers for a nice sporty sound without being too loud. It will still comply with emissions and no problems with CE lights. If you want something a little more aggressive, go with the cat-bypass pipes and mufflers and that will give you more aggressive and louder exhaust note. We have oxygen sensor extenders for the bypass pipes to keep the CE light from coming on but depending on your state, they may do a visual test and see that there are no cats and fail you. PM me or give me a call when you are ready to do and I will give you some more information on the setups available.
thanks,

Old 02-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Hey Rad288, I would go with our Sport cats and Maxflo Mufflers for a nice sporty sound without being too loud. It will still comply with emissions and no problems with CE lights. If you want something a little more aggressive, go with the cat-bypass pipes and mufflers and that will give you more aggressive and louder exhaust note. We have oxygen sensor extenders for the bypass pipes to keep the CE light from coming on but depending on your state, they may do a visual test and see that there are no cats and fail you. PM me or give me a call when you are ready to do and I will give you some more information on the setups available.
thanks,
Hi Alex,

I ordered my supercharger today and will likely see it in a couple of weeks... what type of set up are you thinking?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:11 AM
masitr is on a distinguished road
Do you have a dunk planned in runs future? What are the projected gains from the header?

Old 02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
xeattle is on a distinguished road
Question

Pics?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Alex,

I ordered my supercharger today and will likely see it in a couple of weeks... what type of set up are you thinking?
Hey Rad, I would go with our Maxflo Mufflers and either the Sport Cats or catbypass pipes. The Sport cats will ensure you don't have any issues with CE lights and the power will still be great. If you want to go with the cat-bypass pipes for a more aggressive and more power in the mid-range to top end, then you can do that with the O2 extenders to keep the light from coming on. PM me or give me a call and let me know what setup you want to go with and I will work on member discount for you.
thanks,

Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Rad, I would go with our Maxflo Mufflers and either the Sport Cats or catbypass pipes. The Sport cats will ensure you don't have any issues with CE lights and the power will still be great. If you want to go with the cat-bypass pipes for a more aggressive and more power in the mid-range to top end, then you can do that with the O2 extenders to keep the light from coming on. PM me or give me a call and let me know what setup you want to go with and I will work on member discount for you.
thanks,
Hi Alex,
I'm not sure which is the right set up for me. I'm using this vehicle as a daily driver... so I don't want too loud, need to be able to hold a conversation in the car... so not to loud at normal speeds. What's your opinion?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
I went with just the MaxFlows and they are great. At a minimum, start there.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by egreaves20
I went with just the MaxFlows and they are great. At a minimum, start there.

How does it sound at idle and while normal city driving?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Alex,
I'm not sure which is the right set up for me. I'm using this vehicle as a daily driver... so I don't want too loud, need to be able to hold a conversation in the car... so not to loud at normal speeds. What's your opinion?
Hey Rad, if its a daily driver, I would go with the Maxflo Mufflers and Sport Cat X Pipe so you make a nice HP improvement on the supercharged engine but it will not be loud in any way. It will have a nice sporty exhaust note, that will sound great all the time but you can listen to the radio or have a conversation with the wife without any booming.
thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey Rad, if its a daily driver, I would go with the Maxflo Mufflers and Sport Cat X Pipe so you make a nice HP improvement on the supercharged engine but it will not be loud in any way. It will have a nice sporty exhaust note, that will sound great all the time but you can listen to the radio or have a conversation with the wife without any booming.
thanks
Hi Alex,

pm'd you for quote