996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

6speedonline.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
6speedonline.com

How did you hear about it?

How would you suggest we get the word out further?

Are any of you sensing a loyalty to another board? I think that's silly because both are fun, but this new one is going to rock.

I'm looking for ways to get the word out. The traffic here is almost equal the others and it just started. How do you suggest we increase it?

Old 07-15-2003, 06:50 PM
pierre is on a distinguished road
Don't want to be rude, but maybe you should first stop spamming members of other boards, don't ya think?

Do I have loyalty to other boards? Yes, probably. Why is this one going to be better? Sorry to ask, but it's extremely similar to another well-known board, so I don't get the idea behind it. (Just asking, please no flames!)

Greetings,
--Pierre

Old 07-15-2003, 07:18 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
free donuts?

Old 07-15-2003, 07:24 PM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
I know what "other one" your talking about Pierre. I think I posted maybe once over there about a week ago, soon after I found this forum. To tell you the truth....the one thing I see different about this board is that it does not have the kids all over it yet as the "other" board has. Perhaps I am talking too soon and the kids are just around the corner waiting to invade....but I hope they stay away.

That really is my only beef with the other site...it has way too many posts from kids that dont even own a car yet....to the adult punk kids that only care about who they smoked street racing.

I want a place thats mature....hopefully this place will remain that way.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Scott,

Congratulations on the new title! I think the word is getting around quite well considering what a short period of time its been around. I know its now become my default forum, then Renntech.com, then Funcars. I think its the same for most users considering the traffic (lack thereof) on Funcars. The real question is how do we increase traffic on the Cayenne forum! Things really died over there once CarreraScott got booted. Scott, you out there? Hopefully we can get some good discussion going soon.

Eric

Old 07-15-2003, 07:43 PM
CarreraMark is on a distinguished road
Not sure how to generate more traffic but I would say that the same # of users is now spread over 2X more forums so it will take a while for people to settle in.

Renntech doesnt seem to have the same 'post' traffic but their combination of forum and 'informed' static DIY info is a great idea.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:12 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
This board

is run by cool guys instead of a full-of-himself dictator.

Hehehe

Old 07-15-2003, 08:22 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by pierre
Don't want to be rude, but maybe you should first stop spamming members of other boards, don't ya think?

Greetings,
--Pierre

Nope!

Old 07-15-2003, 08:44 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"Why is this one going to be better?"

Now now Pierre - you dont expect us to share all of our tricks right away do you? LOL We have many things in the pipeline that other boards have never seen Stay tuned I promise you will be happy you did! Glad to have you on board regardless!

Old 07-16-2003, 03:14 AM
carlosfromspain is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by flatsixnut
I know what "other one" your talking about Pierre. I think I posted maybe once over there about a week ago, soon after I found this forum. To tell you the truth....the one thing I see different about this board is that it does not have the kids all over it yet as the "other" board has. Perhaps I am talking too soon and the kids are just around the corner waiting to invade....but I hope they stay away.

That really is my only beef with the other site...it has way too many posts from kids that dont even own a car yet....to the adult punk kids that only care about who they smoked street racing.

I want a place thats mature....hopefully this place will remain that way.

I disagree Flatsixnut, you see I tend to judge the members of a forum from what they offer and the interesting Porsche related things they share with others, not if they drive their dads car or age, owing a P-car doesn't automatically make you worthy, we all have seen in all the other boards some P-car owners who are flame-loving jerks or have nothing interesting to share and are completely boring.

Some of those kids you reffer to from Flat-6 are mature and more passionate or knowledgeable about Porsche cars and its heritage than many Porche owners, and will some day realise their dream of owning a Porsche like we are so fortunate to own. They offer a perspective and contributions that you don't see in the other 4 Porsche-owner forums I frequent, so I like that in that forum. Like every forum, there are invasions of inmature jerks (P-car owners or not) that ruin it for everybody (the inmaturity really drives me nuts too) and I remember there was a big problem in that forum with a few of those at the time you are reffering to, but they end up getting rooted out because the community (including the Porsche owner 2B's) there doesn't put up with it (unlike other forums like sc.net), so I understand wehre you are coming from, but I think you passed judgement to quickly there, especialy when you mix age or ownership with the jerks. Other members in that forum that I have seen around here will vouch for what I'm saying.

I'm very enthusiastic about this forum, Shank, Darren etc have done agreat job, I hope the flame-loving inmature jerks stay out too, Flatsixnut.

Last edited by carlosfromspain; 07-16-2003 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:29 AM
carlosfromspain is on a distinguished road
Hola Scott,

I heard from this forum from a post in another forum, so I checked it out and found this . I don't think spamming is the way to go because you may get some resentment, I know if I would have heard about it first from a spam in my mailbox, I would have never bothered to check it out and send it to the bin.

So I think the best way is to post a polite thread in all the other forums, I haven't seen one in Rennlist or Rennteam? Oh and at Funcars too Just don't do it in SC.net

Old 07-16-2003, 08:01 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
I heard about 6speed while reading through the fallout at the other forum. But same as Carlos, had I not found it that way I would have likely thrown the email in the bin. Personaly, I do not read spam and it goes straight into the garbage. Ways to get the word out though...

Advertise in some of the Posche specialty magazines like Excellence, Panarama, and do not forget the mags in the Euro and Asian markets. You could also get your name out by sponsoring a race car. Perhaps you could get some ad space on a World Challenge or Grand Am Cup car or you could always go big time with a GT car in the Rolex or ALMS series. Sponsor some PCA events. You could also try to get the listed sponsors to link back to you. HTH!

So far I am have been pretty surprised at the amount of traffic coming on this forum, so you guys seem to be doing a good job. However, I do believe that all of these forums are only as good as the people that visit and what they contribute. So based on that, I continue to visit and contribute (for whatever its worth) to all as best I can.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:19 AM
TC (Houston) is on a distinguished road
How did you hear about it?
SPAM.

Haha. Actually, I appreciated getting the email from the admins here, as I'm not sure how else I would have heard about the new forum. I'm sure there are plenty of people on TOB's who don't visit every day who are thinking "where the heck is everyone?"

Old 07-16-2003, 09:25 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Re: This board

Originally posted by CarreraScott
is run by cool guys instead of a full-of-himself dictator.

Hehehe

Great to see you back Scott....

Old 07-16-2003, 11:19 AM
redhummer96 is on a distinguished road
Also heard about this forum on Funcars. Checked it out and so far like what I am seeing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline.com