996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My Review on Fister-D Exhaust. *AMAZING*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 PM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
what does he do with the old exhausts?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:41 PM
badges2 is on a distinguished road
I have had the Fister mufflers installed and YES!!!!! I have growl! My biggest complaint with my car has been how quiet it is to me. That has been cured with these mufflers. I absolutely would recommend them to anyone who wants a beefy sound to their exhaust. Darin at Fister was great to work with and everything went perfect. It's the best $250 I've spent on the car! It's a very simple process: you order your mufflers from Fister, they prepare them and send them to you, you install the Fister mufflers, and you send your old mufflers back to Fister.

Here's a few pics of what the mufflers look like when they arrive and I also made a quick video to show the before/after. There is a weird gear like sound when I rev my engine in the video. I've never heard it before, but it's just the way the air sounds exiting the muffler. I was too lazy to take new video from a different angle!

Here's the Youtube link (if it's working):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgsOsAds6OQ

Attached Images   

Last edited by badges2; 05-26-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM
wmiranda is on a distinguished road
Hi all,.. I am just about sold on this mod on my new (to me) 2000 996 Cabrio. Now,.. would anyone recommend the stage II or III? Not sure what the differences are other than sound and if there are any performance improvements (although lets be honest,.. 'seat of the pants' dynos seem to make the car faster when it's just been cleaned )

Bill
'00 996 Cabrio, '97 M3, '01 MB E320, '99 SAAB 9.5T
'94 325is, '97&91 LandCruiser, '90 4Runner,
'55 Packard Patrician, '03 K1200LT, '02 VTX1800
Member: More clubs than I care to associate with.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 AM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
I agree with all of the rave reviews. This is the best sound I've heard from any of my vehicles since I put a Mattel Vroom Motor on my bike. (Don't know if anyone will get this reference, but if you do: you're old)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6923312295967#

Last edited by wyovino; 06-03-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
LC996 is on a distinguished road
Just left YouTube listening to that sweet purr I live in the Pacific northwest i'm gonna see if any of the guys here have done that mod. Damn guys I got a chill gonna check it out right now!!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:50 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wmiranda
Hi all,.. I am just about sold on this mod on my new (to me) 2000 996 Cabrio. Now,.. would anyone recommend the stage II or III? Not sure what the differences are other than sound and if there are any performance improvements
I also have a 2000 996 Cab and added the FisterD's. It is by far, the biggest bang for the buck that you'll ever get for your 996. Contact Fister D and he will explain the procedure. No need to worry about stage I/II - he knows what to do. There is no performance gain, but a HUGE perception gain

I grin every time I start it up and laugh out loud every time I hit the gas hard.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Sounds good....still heavy.

But $250? Any competent muffler shop could do that exact same mod for $50 - $75.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Brando

But $250? Any competent muffler shop could do that exact same mod for $50 - $75.
I tried to have it done locally before doing the right thing. The muffler shops I went to wouldn't touch it. Most don't want anything to do with stainless steel. One recommended a welder nearby. I went to him with the mufflers, stainless steel pipe, and photos of the mod. His estimate was for $350, but said it could be higher, as he was charging by the hour.

It's not just welding. It's cutting the holes and pipes on the correct angles, and in the correct spots.

I'd rather have it done by someone who has done hundreds of them, but to each his own.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Wink

That's cause you told him they went on a Porsche.....

I guess I was lucky, my local muffler shop did a set for me for $65.

Originally Posted by wyovino
I tried to have it done locally before doing the right thing. The muffler shops I went to wouldn't touch it. Most don't want anything to do with stainless steel. One recommended a welder nearby. I went to him with the mufflers, stainless steel pipe, and photos of the mod. His estimate was for $350, but said it could be higher, as he was charging by the hour.

It's not just welding. It's cutting the holes and pipes on the correct angles, and in the correct spots.

I'd rather have it done by someone who has done hundreds of them, but to each his own.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Great price! I hope they used stainless tubing and TIG welding.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM
badges2 is on a distinguished road

A 16 year old with a garden hose and sponge can detail your Porsche for you for cheap too! If you're good having some zit faced 16 year old at Merlin's Muffler working on your car, have at it. I'll spring the $250 to have it done right......

Old 06-05-2011, 05:48 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
$250 is very little for what you get, and you have the assurance that it will be done right. I'd just go to the source. Is not like he's charging $700 or so for the same thing.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute

*I will be more respectful of other members here*

Last edited by eclou; 06-13-2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: there is a line between humor and vulgar attacks, you have crossed it
Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Cool

Very witty......My comment was not meant as a personal attack on you or anyone else, as it seems you have reverted to.

I'm just lucky enought to have a very good custom muffler shop close by, and they have no problem with welding. I guess that if you don't, $250 sounds like a bargin.

As to what I can afford, I afforded to add some real, lighter weight after market exhaust cans, and put my pipe tacked onto ones in the storage room.

I'm glad you are happy with them. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by Tarek307
If you can't afford $250 for such a great mod maybe you should buy yourself a geo metro! rolling your eyes? lol.... i bet your the kind of guy that goes buys a new suit then wears it to an event and returns it!

Last edited by Brando; 06-06-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 PM
cmer is on a distinguished road
I'd definitely love to add some Fister to my C2, but I have no clue who to contact to install it! (Ok, I know it probably sounds stupid )

Do I go to a welder, or a garage? How much should I expect to spend on the install?

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Review on Fister-D Exhaust. *AMAZING*