996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ECU Tuning Group | Porsche 996 3.6 ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Unfortunately, the price does not include shipping/insurance. Shipping and insurance is in the hands of the customer.

Alpine003, we at ECU Tuning Group, do not believe in custom software for mod specific .

We recommending replacing the stock diverter valves to Forge Motorsport Diverter Valves.

you just lost me as a potential customer.

1. Return shipping prices are usually built into the price of various competitors and as someone that's shipped quite a few items adding insurance doesn't add that much to the cost.

2. Company that doesn't believe in mod specific tunes?

3. Company that recommends diverter valves on an x51 package? Where would that hook up to?

4. One German dyno graph from 2007 on god knows what dyno under what conditions.

5. No actual recent local dyno graphs for specific engines like the 3.4L

Sorry but the Porsche crowd is a tough crowd and you're going to have to do a lot better.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
I apologize, I've been bombarded with emails all day long. I thought he was speaking about the X50. Gains for the X51 remain the same as details we have posted: 23.4lbs & 15.48lbs tq.

Reason why we leave shipping to our customers cause each prefer to ship differently. Quite a few of our customers rather pay the extra amount for over night service as oppose to those who wouldn't.

As for mod specific tunes, an example I give to all my customers that ask the very same question: Does the vehicle need to be reprogrammed if it's been transferred from Los Angeles to New York to adapt to the temperature and different level of octane? NO. The various sensors reads and calculates air temperature and air-flow that comes inside and directs the information straight to the ECU which then computes and adapts. The only time we would tune a car differently, for example is when we're removing the cats by disabling the monitors inside the sensors or if we're adding a performance pulley on a supercharged engine, etc . So to answer your question, depending on the modifications of your vehicle, software will adapt to the modifications within one hundred miles.

Some may disagree with this but we shown proven numbers. 80hp on a C63 with ONLY a ECU flash, while other tuners barely get 60hp by flashing the ECU, headers, removing cats, intake panel filters, etc.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 PM
MiamiC70 is on a distinguished road
So you go from 345hp on x51 to 367hp? That is GT3 territory.

Do you have Dyno shots of an X51? What rpm does that peak come at? sames question for the torque?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
Originally Posted by MiamiC70
So you go from 345hp on x51 to 367hp? That is GT3 territory.

Do you have Dyno shots of an X51? What rpm does that peak come at? sames question for the torque?
Yes gains remain the same at 23.4hp & 15.48lbs tq. Adding more power to the midrange and top end, without effecting the engine's longevity, peak power comes in around 5000rpm. Unfortunately, we do not have any dyno sheets for the x51's.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:45 AM
MiamiC70 is on a distinguished road
I see you have a dealer in Miami PM me I want to know more details on what the tune actually does and what parameters it it affects.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Optical TDI is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know long it takes to remove our ECU?

Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Can your dealer's do the flash if we take in the ECU to them? This would avoid shipping costs and downtime.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor
Yes, dealers can do the flash.

Please remember, all reservations must be made through the sales department.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes, dealers can do the flash.

Please remember, all reservations must be made through the sales department.
Can we do the reservation through you and get the discount at the dealer?

Old 10-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor
Yes. Please PM, email, or call the sales department to schedule a time and/or date.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:45 PM
scantu is on a distinguished road
Reporting back guys!!!

Amazing!

I just plgged my ECU back in and put about 30 miles on the car. Well worth the money spent.

As I understand, this is an adaptive ECU and will "learn" driving characteristics. When i first started the car ther was an immediate feel of smoothness in throttle response ans revved a bit quicker. Snappy throttle to say the least.

Low end seems to be no different, but come 4500rpm and above, the power gain is definately noticable. Nice strong pull with no drop off in power at 6200rpm.

Farzaan and Jags made this such an easy upgrade and dont mind discussing anything with you regarding upgrades or dyno results. I shipped out my box Monday evening, I received a call Tuesday Afternoon saying that the upgrade went well and was provided a return tracking number. Got it back 9:45am Wed.... awesome service!

Regards,

Sergio

Old 10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Question

why are vendors so reluctant to post prices publicly?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
scantu is on a distinguished road
I got a sense that this particlar vendor wanted to have a personal reach to the customer. Upon contact, there was an immediate repor that helped in the transaction.

Sometimes throwing numbers on a forum doesnt give the vendor a chance to introduce themselves. I come from a sales back ground and can tell you that this is a great way to earn serious customers.

just my .02 cents

Old 10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by split
why are vendors so reluctant to post prices publicly?
It's right on their website, so no problem. It causes traffic there or via phone to help the vendor maybe?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
i guess this vendor isnt guilty of it then, but i find a lot of vendors will always say "PM for pricing" etc. Which makes me feel like everyone is getting a different price or they're worried about the price being scrutinized as not being the best price for said product.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Porsche 996 3.6 ECU Upgrade