996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Anybody have an aftermarket cup holder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 AM
MerlinsGhost is on a distinguished road
Anybody have an aftermarket cup holder?

My navi took the spot for my cup holders and I'm tired of having a coffee stained crotch when I go in to work. I've seen a few online that drop into the console compartment but that's an weird place to put your coffee, behind your arm. Anyone have one that works well? Or seen one?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
try suncoast......they got one that clip on to the vent...
don't know how sturdy it'll be with with a cup on it though.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/clipon.html

but I think the best place is the center console..
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/411989.html

Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I made my one out of carbon fibre. I spent a year trying to figure out the best spot for it while maintaining the stock look and not have it look like it was tacked on. I'm pretty happy with it...

Old 01-29-2012, 07:03 PM
logray will become famous soon enoughlogray will become famous soon enough
Old 02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
kcguy is on a distinguished road
I have the Ultimate Cup Holder and I really like it. It sits on either side of the console (I like the right side). http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/ It is easy to install and is adjustable.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
I just built a prototype for my car and it works great. I'm trying to see if I can get it manufactured somewhere. Anyone know how to do that?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:13 PM
ScoutsOut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wyovino
I just built a prototype for my car and it works great. I'm trying to see if I can get it manufactured somewhere. Anyone know how to do that?
For personal use, or mass production? Either way, shoot me a PM with your email some more info (desired material, price point, etc) and I can point you in the right direction.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:54 PM
toppower will become famous soon enough
I have a set of the factory vent clip ones.

What's your email? I'll send you a pic.

AL

Old 02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
I have the ultimate cupholder. Not too happy with it. Convenient location but it moves... I was against the vent cupholders but they are away from the center console which makes sense to avoid accidents.

I saw this one too, worth a try specially if you like the ones you had to remove. Simple.
http://www.sound-in-motion.com/purchase.html

Old 02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
I have the ultimate cupholder. Not too happy with it. Convenient location but it moves... I was against the vent cupholders but they are away from the center console which makes sense to avoid accidents.

I saw this one too, worth a try specially if you like the ones you had to remove. Simple.
http://www.sound-in-motion.com/purchase.html
That looks pretty sweet actually. But the unit depends on the width of the cup to slid into it. If its to big or to small not to useable. But my cups should fit that and very easy location for coffee. Interested. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 PM
JW996 has a spectacular aura aboutJW996 has a spectacular aura aboutJW996 has a spectacular aura about
Going to make my own,using hard plastic one from pep boys that is used for windows, heating and forming right angle so as to slip in between 3/8" gap between lower console and dash. Cost $2.00 and able to take out in a couple of seconds.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
carsareart is on a distinguished road
I use an organizer type of bag with a cupholder on one side. It is 3-4 inches wide and just about a foot long. It has space for maps and such with an insulated cup holder. I put it behind the passenger front seat with just enough room to reach back and get my soda pop.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
aviography is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JW996
Going to make my own,using hard plastic one from pep boys that is used for windows, heating and forming right angle so as to slip in between 3/8" gap between lower console and dash. Cost $2.00 and able to take out in a couple of seconds.
Pix when done please.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:20 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JW996
Yeah, pics?

Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I just wonder if the pep boys holder is wide enough to help prevent it from sliding side to side. The one above in the link is the width of the console which is probably because of that issue. And the one above is also longer so it can go the depth of the slot to help with more leverage so it can stay in place, but I'm open to anything, let us know how it worked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody have an aftermarket cup holder?